NRL Round Discussion NRL Round 19, 2024 Discussion

The Insomniac - Silvertails said:
Crikey mate feeling sorry for the Broncos. It's like feeling sorry for crocodiles. The nearly killed the game in the Super League era .Them and Murdoch. Never to be forgiven

Turn it up, Super League should have won, the game would be so much better today if it did.

Safe to say that the Broncos last year was luck and Walters has lost the dressing room and actually can't coach... that's how it goes I think.

JayPee - broncosHQ said:
Safe to say that the Broncos last year was luck and Walters has lost the dressing room and actually can't coach... that's how it goes I think.
Exactly!
Or, the comp is so close that a few little things can upset momentum, and next minute...
Exhibit A, Titans were run over at the start of the season, suddenly now they're the form team (just in time to play Manly next week)
(But I'm happy for coaches to cop the blame, they're well paid for the privilege of screwing up fans hopes and dreams!)

Best idea they had was kicking Souths out of the comp.
Which wasn't even their idea, if you read George Piggin's book. "Kick Souths OUT!" was a plan going around well before 1995 and the birth of Super League.
Super League - if it had survived - certainly needed to kick the World Club Challange to the curb. That was a shitshow that only served to make the shitty Australian Super League clubs - Warriors, Mariners, Reds, Rams - feel good about themselves.
Always amuses me how no one ever questions the people around the coach when a team goes bad. Like, the Warriors and Broncos drop-off in form couldn't possibly be because - in part - the assistants actually aren't all that great at best/are undermining the coach at worst.

I can’t believe we lost against the broncos in magic round. We should have wiped the floor with them.

Same with that crazy loss against canverra

We seem to play teams who are in form every week.

Back