• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

International New Zealand Kiwis

NZWarriors.com
No Foz? I’d have Crossland over Nikorima. Even if it’s 6 or 14. Younger, higher ceiling and better defender. (Assuming he commits to the kiwis). Nikorima better offensively. But Hughes will be running 90% of it anyway. If he’s injured we’re fucked. Actual.

Don’t see why Howarth wouldn’t commit to kiwis, especially when he’d have a few people ahead of him in Australia. Maybe not so much for Queensland.

Seb Kris is decent, but that’s it although he does play left centre. I’d probably pick Mariner over him. Definitely more of an attacking threat. Seb probably a little better defensively.

Pompey or Ali too lol

Was just reading that Foran is unavailable for the upcoming international due to having ankle surgery in the off season. Nikorima must be close to first choice five eighth
Darn. I thought Nikorima was no longer making himself available for rep duties or was that only temporary? At this rate we may have to play a fringe first grader there like Zach Dockar-Clay.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Darn. I thought Nikorima was no longer making himself available for rep duties or was that only temporary? At this rate we may have to play a fringe first grader there like Zach Dockar-Clay.

Zach would be all good as a bench hooker, and half cover.

Don’t see why Howarth wouldn’t commit to kiwis, especially when he’d have a few people ahead of him in Australia. Maybe not so much for Queensland.

Are our Kiwi match payments still 5k?

If he can crack even 4 or 5 Origin games over his career that's worth 24-30 Kiwi tests financially so I can see it. And the Origin player tag would bump up his club earnings too.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Potentially but the halves stocks are dire at the moment.
Yeah but there’s no real benefit imo from a performance perspective. He’s moved on from the game imo. I think it will better serve someone who will be part of the mix for the World Cup who will benefit from the experience. If there’s no one available then sure but I just feel he’s a liability at this stage.

He’s moved on from the game imo. I think it will better serve someone who will be part of the mix for the World Cup who will benefit from the experience.
My bad, But you're making it sound like he moved on a year or 2 ago. It's only been a few weeks lol. I don't know where these young halves are? He said goodbye to the NRL. I'm sure a final hurrah at international level , especially since we are scrapping the barrel for halves wouldn't hurt. Great role model and someone these young halves(Wherever they are?) Can learn off of. Kodi is a gun utility off the bench. I'd prefer him there.

My bad, But you're making it sound like he moved on a year or 2 ago. It's only been a few weeks lol. I don't know where these young halves are? He said goodbye to the NRL. I'm sure a final hurrah at international level , especially since we are scrapping the barrel for halves wouldn't hurt. Great role model and someone these young halves(Wherever they are?) Can learn off of. Kodi is a gun utility off the bench. I'd prefer him there.
Just my opinion but I think he won’t have the motivation to play kiwis and I feel he’s moved into his post footy career already. If there’s no other options then sure but I would rather Nikorima or another play in the halves with Hughes. If there are no young halves to mentor like you said then why have him? Not sure on Crossland or strange if they have commited but I would give them a crack first. We need to be looking forward. Sj would only be holding someone back from limited opportunities ( 2 actual confirmed games 3 if you win both) those reps and opportunities should be given to someone who can become a solid depth player in future campaigns.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
My kiwis line up

1. CNK
2. Isaako
3. Timoko
4. Iro
5. Mulitalo
6. TMM
7. Hughes
8. Leota
9. JMK
10. JFH
11. Nikora
12. Wong
13. Tapine

14. Kini
15. Neame
16. NAS
17. Papalii

18. Whyte
19. Kris
19. Riki
20. Nikorima
21. Thompson
22. Warbrick

Has Kulikefu Finefeuiaki committed to QLD or NZ?

Reckon you have to go with the majority of that dominant team from last year. That gets CNK and Papalii the nod. Debuts for Iro, Wong and Kini. Tmm could get a recall due to lack of halves. Really not a fan of Nikorima so don't want to see him there although I'll admit he had a decent year. Think Warbrick and Whyte will definitely play a test this year.

My kiwis line up

1. CNK
2. Isaako
3. Timoko
4. Iro
5. Mulitalo
6. TMM
7. Hughes
8. Leota
9. JMK
10. JFH
11. Nikora
12. Wong
13. Tapine

14. Kini
15. Neame
16. NAS
17. Papalii

18. Whyte
19. Kris
19. Riki
20. Nikorima
21. Thompson
22. Warbrick

Has Kulikefu Finefeuiaki committed to QLD or NZ?

Reckon you have to go with the majority of that dominant team from last year. That gets CNK and Papalii the nod. Debuts for Iro, Wong and Kini. Tmm could get a recall due to lack of halves. Really not a fan of Nikorima so don't want to see him there although I'll admit he had a decent year. Think Warbrick and Whyte will definitely play a test this year.
I think TMM has had neck surgery. I doubt he will be available.

Who was mocking me about SJ to be in the kiwi squad for his swan song international career. How did you not see this coming? 🤔

Wouldn't it be fitting to have SJ and Foran in the Halves and go on to beat aussie. Hughes will of had a big year there is every chance he might do what SJ did last year?

Soon see I guess

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Who was mocking me about SJ to be in the kiwi squad for his swan song international career. How did you not see this coming? 🤔

Wouldn't it be fitting to have SJ and Foran in the Halves and go on to beat aussie. Hughes will of had a big year there is every chance he might do what SJ did last year?

Soon see I guess
Foz has had ankle surgery, he isn't playing.

Wow the Halves stock are very low then. I can't really see Hughes and SJ as a combo? SJ gave a hint in one of interviews at the last game that he was gonna play for the kiwis one last time. Maybe I read into it wrong. But it seemed like thats what he was hinting at?

If he is up for it and they can get a win it surely would cap off an amazing career.

Who fills the 6 jersey?

Nikorima or Crossland or CHT or Asi or Charnze as a running 6

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back