• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

International New Zealand Kiwis

Wonder if Kieran Foran wants another stint with the Kiwis.
When they won the game last year he said he would make himself available for another season if needed. The way things are going injury wise I think he will be.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I think u have to be loyal to all the guys who played in that 30-0 final so I’d only be making forced changes.
Iro for manu - I like the earlier idea of his combination with mulitalo.
Sj for brown (if he’s keen).
And on the bench Jmk for fa’amanu brown (where is he?).

Cnk
Mulitalo
Iro
Timoko
Isaako
Sj
Hughes

Jfh (c)
Foran
Leota
Nikora
Papalii
Tapine

Jmk
Nas
Neame
Thompson

I think u have to be loyal to all the guys who played in that 30-0 final so I’d only be making forced changes.
Iro for manu - I like the earlier idea of his combination with mulitalo.
Sj for brown (if he’s keen).
And on the bench Jmk for fa’amanu brown (where is he?).

Cnk
Mulitalo
Iro
Timoko
Isaako
Sj
Hughes

Jfh (c)
Foran
Leota
Nikora
Papalii
Tapine

Jmk
Nas
Neame
Thompson
Wouldn’t mind Kini at the back for some X factor and CNK to centre

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
1. Kini
2. Issaako
3. Iro (CNK)
4. Timoko
5. Mulitalo
6. Foran (SJ if he’s keen)
7. Hughes

8. JFH
9. JMK
10. Thompson (Leota if he picks up form)
11. Papalii
12. Nikora
13. Tapine

14. Crossland
15. NAS
16. Neame
17. Willison

18. Nikorima (Foran if SJ plays)
19. CNK (Iro)
20. Riki
21. Leota
22. Sorenson

Been watching Penrith and Leota has been fairly average. Compared to his high standards that is.

I hope Stacey does the Warriors a solid and doesn’t pick CNK. Although I think he’ll do exactly the opposite. I’d say CNK starts.

Is Manu sure he can’t fit 1 game in? The Japan season doesn’t start till December.

Hope Kini gets first crack at the back. The other 4 guys in the back 5 have pretty high work rates. So he can save himself annd inject when he sees fit, X factor.

Damn we got some good depth now in pretty much all positions.

Brown
Cheese
Warbrick
Pompey
Rocco
BHU
Weekes
Howarth
Kris
Whyte
Mariner
Clarke
Liu

There’s some real quality there. Probably a few I’ve missed too.

1. Kini
2. Issaako
3. Iro (CNK)
4. Timoko
5. Mulitalo
6. Foran (SJ if he’s keen)
7. Hughes

8. JFH
9. JMK
10. Thompson (Leota if he picks up form)
11. Papalii
12. Nikora
13. Tapine

14. Crossland
15. NAS
16. Neame
17. Willison

18. Nikorima (Foran if SJ plays)
19. CNK (Iro)
20. Riki
21. Leota
22. Sorenson

Been watching Penrith and Leota has been fairly average. Compared to his high standards that is.

I hope Stacey does the Warriors a solid and doesn’t pick CNK. Although I think he’ll do exactly the opposite. I’d say CNK starts.

Is Manu sure he can’t fit 1 game in? The Japan season doesn’t start till December.

Hope Kini gets first crack at the back. The other 4 guys in the back 5 have pretty high work rates. So he can save himself annd inject when he sees fit, X factor.

Damn we got some good depth now in pretty much all positions.

Brown
Cheese
Warbrick
Pompey
Rocco
BHU
Weekes
Howarth
Kris
Whyte
Mariner
Clarke
Liu

There’s some real quality there. Probably a few I’ve missed too.
Love that team! Man I want the Kiwis to start bossing international RL!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
How does Stacey get to coach the Kiwis? Serious question, cos our, warriors, attack is average most of the time
Stacey hopefully can delegate as he does have assistants. I have talked with him before (non RL related) and he came across as a really nice guy. With the Kiwis having such as an intense coach as Maguire to Stacey who seems more mellow will be interesting. Stacey has Mana and lets face it if Mel Meninga is allowed to coach a country the bar is set low.

How does Stacey get to coach the Kiwis? Serious question, cos our, warriors, attack is average most of the time

I think the name of the game is separating ourselves from the Aussies and trying to start a kiwi led dominance of international league.

Besides, he'll be talking with the players picked and they're a really good stock at the minute. They'll know how they want to play and Stacey will just have to make sure he's getting the most out of them.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
We'll never get dominance.

We've got one NRL pathway vs 16, maybe 10% of the overall particaption numbers they do (soft cock country), and a cash strapped governing body.

We do well to win the 1 in 4/5 games we do.

I'd agree, considering the Union focus in this country.

I think as the game grows in popularity at grassroots level there will be new pathways developed. The current Kiwi player base is the strongest it's been and hopefully that filters through to the guys who call the shots.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back