• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F---

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was gorgeous seeing 1 6 7 in a spearhead formation on the back of what 9 did.

It was multiple reply good.

And not having Roger being part of it is good because he is a defender magnet.
That first try to SJ I have replayed several times just watching the deception from Egan to put CNK through the gap. Its like a very good magic trick and watching it back again and again to pick up the slight of hand.

It was slick and it was so good it was made to look very easy.

1SW.jpeg
2SW.jpeg
3SW.jpeg
4SW.jpeg
5SW.jpeg

Jazz did drop a couple of balls but as another poster has said - his defence was good, his energy was good also. He was in the right places when dropped the ball. In and out of the match day team doesn’t help that. He still has a role, albeit possibly 18th or 19th when we are fully fit. However, we may never have a fully fit squad to choose from. Jazz isn’t too old. 32 nowadays is like 28 - 15 years ago. In NZ for both league and Union - people are very quick to think players are past it when around the 30 mark. Jazz has the drive and is also a big part of the squads unity ….I would rather keep him and wouldn’t release him this season as some posters have mentioned 5 games into this season. He is still trying to get consistent time on the park - we jump on performances or mistakes to much - that’s only a snapshot of what happens in a game and in a training week. He is part of our jigsaw! Trust Webby’s decisions - we do in all other areas.

Jazz did drop a couple of balls but as another poster has said - his defence was good, his energy was good also. He was in the right places when dropped the ball. In and out of the match day team doesn’t help that. He still has a role, albeit possibly 18th or 19th when we are fully fit. However, we may never have a fully fit squad to choose from. Jazz isn’t too old. 32 nowadays is like 28 - 15 years ago. In NZ for both league and Union - people are very quick to think players are past it when around the 30 mark. Jazz has the drive and is also a big part of the squads unity ….I would rather keep him and wouldn’t release him this season as some posters have mentioned 5 games into this season. He is still trying to get consistent time on the park - we jump on performances or mistakes to much - that’s only a snapshot of what happens in a game and in a training week. He is part of our jigsaw! Trust Webby’s decisions - we do in all other areas.
But it wouldn't be a Warriors forum if there wasn't at least one player to bitch about. Decades ago, one poster tried to blame a loss that didn't happen on a player, Manu, who was injured and not even playing. Actually, I wonder how Facepalm is doing these days.... haven't seen him on here for years.

Last edited:
The only time I lost my shit at him was when he dropped the ball on souths line. Instead of diving on the ball, he kicked it dead in frustration giving them a 7 tackle set.

Other than that, he brings energy when he comes in.....especially on defence

But it wouldn't be a Warriors forum if there wasn't at least one player to bitch about. Decades ago, one poster tried to blame a lost that didn't happen on a player, Manu, who was injured and not even playing. Actually, I wonder how Facepalm is doing these days.... haven't seen him on here for years.
That's the one thing wrong with this current team - there's no easy scapegoat. Bring back the good old days of having go-to excuses when we lost, I was particularly fond of blaming Kata and/or Bam Libone.

That's the one thing wrong with this current team - there's no easy scapegoat. Bring back the good old days of having go-to excuses when we lost, I was particularly fond of blaming Kata and/or Bam Libone.
Bam Libone.... the dropkick superstar.

If Te Maire keeps this play up poor old Luke ain't getting back in when he is fit ahead of TMM.
I am trying to remember when we had multiple spine players pushing up together....don't think I have ever seen all four...the hooker, Halfback, Stand off and Fullback push through the middle third like they are now under Webster (ok so it was just one week, but they will try it again, maybe not this week, but it will start to become a thing).

Closest thing would be under Anderson, when players kept turning up to catch the second phase, but that is not the same as all four spine players getting involved.

I prefer seeing SJ and TMM with CNK at the back finishing off middle third breaks, rather than Websters plan to have Roger come into the middle in a Roving role.

Hopefully we won't need Roger to come in, hopefully he can stay out on the edge holding up the opposition three quarter line, keeping them honest while the little men do a Stacey Jones and cut right through the middle of the park looking for an offload or a pass.

Roger is better utilized in such a way that he spends all his time learning how to set up a Winger on an overlap. Otherwise if he is going to the middle often, you risk duplication with CNK already doing those Dummy half scoots.

Also to be frank, Roger was never the best support player of breaks, nor was CNK, which is why CNK doing it against the Rabbits should see him retain that role now.
SJ seamed a lot more confident with TMM as his partner. I think there is more trust there.
I do feel for Metcalf, he was starting to grow on me and hate any warrior injuries but TMM is class!! Top two inches.
Also the solo try!! Not something we know him for but it was nice!!

That first try to SJ I have replayed several times just watching the deception from Egan to put CNK through the gap. Its like a very good magic trick and watching it back again and again to pick up the slight of hand.

It was slick and it was so good it was made to look very easy.

Taine at halftime joked he couldn't have gone through the gap with that play, I re-watched it a few times and realized Charnz actually fended off Cook to get away so ya it makes a difference when he's playing otherwise Taine would have made a half break and get his jersey pulled and we're still at the 40m line lol

Jazz could just tackle and dummy run all day lol.

It was funny watching Egan bypassing him to another forward towards the end of the 1st half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back