Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since tenants are allowed to do work within a dwelling without getting the owners permission if it doesn’t need a building consent, why doesn’t Luxon just sell a few of his properties and pay for redecorating part of the project himself? Selfish rich potatoe head!!!

Two of the companies I consult for are having to let people go this month as a direct result of this government's economic and societal vandalism.
That’s interesting because while most architectural firms laid off staff last year, a few are starting to recruit again. I guess it’s where in the consultancy line for projects businesses are depends on the confidence they have to either let staff go or start recruiting again.

I’ve had a slight bit more inquiry but not an increase in committing to projects. Last year, I would probably have been better shutting the doors and going on the dole.

Please link again - did Ardern claim 1000 a week on a property she owned and had recently bought mortgage free?

Oh and while you're at it - please provide concrete actual fact about your insinuations around Grant Robertson. Still waiting.
Claimed it… you said nothing about owned and recently bought - don’t change the goal posts:

I’ve already said I don’t know what your talking about with my insinuations about Robertson?

That’s interesting because while most architectural firms laid off staff last year, a few are starting to recruit again. I guess it’s where in the consultancy line for projects businesses are depends on the confidence they have to either let staff go or start recruiting again.

I’ve had a slight bit more inquiry but not an increase in committing to projects. Last year, I would probably have been better shutting the doors and going on the dole.
One is engineering and the other construction - no pieine, just cancelled projects.

Also, I'm hearing that Beca, WSP and Aecom are looking to downsize too - same reasons.

Claimed it… you said nothing about owned and recently bought - don’t change the goal posts:

I’ve already said I don’t know what your talking about with my insinuations about Robertson?
Not changing any goal posts - providing fact. Luxon owns his property mortgage free - and then claims $1000 a week. While targeting beneficiaries and saying people with cancer on the benefit should be able to work some hours.

You're cherry picking so badly to try and turn this into a "BUT LABOUR" thing - in that disclosure she's not even close to most of the national mps.

Here's an example of the shit you've thrown that you seem to have forgotten:
1709514620801.png

And my reply:
1709514666404.png

Last edited:
There seems to be an unwillingness to recognise that there’s no questioning the entitlement, but a question of morally right when having the means to not burden the taxpayer with the expenses and while being outspoken on no free rides for anyone. John key was politically aware enough to realise the look of collecting a prime ministers salary while asking others rein in spending and big money to spend on an earthquake rebuild wasn’t a good look but unfortunately was also powerless to stop the mp pay rises that were placed upon them through his leadership. There seems to also be an attempt to turn the storyline to an envy on his wealth which seems odd considering posts on here suggest people have an issue with all parties being able to do this which I agree with
Despite my personal dislike of Key, he had a slick team and was a much savvier political operator than Luxon.

Not changing any goal posts - providing fact. Luxon owns his property mortgage free - and then claims $1000 a week. While targeting beneficiaries and saying people with cancer on the benefit should be able to work some hours.

You're cherry picking so badly to try and turn this into a "BUT LABOUR" thing - in that disclosure she's not even close to most of the national mps.

Here's an example of the shit you've thrown that you seem to have forgotten:
View attachment 5552

And my reply:
View attachment 5553
You lefties are like playing a game of whack a mole! Your issues changes all the time! I agree the optics of Luxon’s accomodation entitlement isn’t good but I see nothing wrong with it. I can’t see what you lefties main issues seems to be as it keeps changing:

1 - he could use Premier house - not up to building code or healthy homes and Chippy didn’t use - (non issue)
2 - first PM to claim accomodation entitlement - Jacinda claimed it (evidence supplied), entitled to it, 100+ of 120 MPs also claim it (non issue)
3 - he owns the house! Evidence Labour MPs also own their own houses and done the exact same thing (non issue)
4 - he’s mortgage free - irrelevant and just plain envy (non issue)
5 - he’s targeting beneficiaries - beneficiaries get everything they are entitled to just as Luxon has (non issue but bad optics)
5 - Dirty politics hit job against Luxon - 🧐 maybe…

On Robertson, I’ve provided more evidence than you have about Nationals supposed asset sales 🤣. I used to like Robertson but then he promised no new taxes before an election then laughed and said he was being to specific as he bought in new taxes. No had no integrity!

$550 million to be taken from public transport for pothole prevention. Proposed rego hike of $25 in 2025 and $25 more in 2026
Playing the numbers game....
I'd average $90 per week on petrol. The price of petrol in Auckland over the 12 months from Nov 22 to Nov 23 was just over $3.00 per litre so I'd fill up with around 30 litres per week.

The Auckland regional fuel tax (ARFT) was 10 cents per litre so that's a saving of $3 per week or just over $150 year, so I'm guess that is a win for people in Auckland.... but not so much for people outside of Auckland who wouldn't be getting the saving from the removal of the ARFT.

Even so, old Mayor Wayne won't be happy. There's over 1,450,000 vehicles registered in Auckland of which 50,000 are EV's. 1,400,000 vehicles averaging a very conservative $150 a year in the ARFT and that's just over $200,000,000 PA that Auckland transport won't be receiving. Or, put it another way, that's 333 raised pedestrian crossing which won't be built!!! Or, using the amount of $33 mil per km for the Hutt City cycle lanes, is 6km of cycle lanes.

Playing the numbers game....
I'd average $90 per week on petrol. The price of petrol in Auckland over the 12 months from Nov 22 to Nov 23 was just over $3.00 per litre so I'd fill up with around 30 litres per week.

The Auckland regional fuel tax (ARFT) was 10 cents per litre so that's a saving of $3 per week or just over $150 year, so I'm guess that is a win for people in Auckland.... but not so much for people outside of Auckland who wouldn't be getting the saving from the removal of the ARFT.

Even so, old Mayor Wayne won't be happy. There's over 1,450,000 vehicles registered in Auckland of which 50,000 are EV's. 1,400,000 vehicles averaging a very conservative $150 a year in the ARFT and that's just over $200,000,000 PA that Auckland transport won't be receiving. Or, put it another way, that's 333 raised pedestrian crossing which won't be built!!! Or, using the amount of $33 mil per km for the Hutt City cycle lanes, is 6km of cycle lanes.
The dumping of the fuel tax for Auckland will well and truly be covered by the rego increases over the next couple of years for the country overall so not a lot different of criticism of labour. Just rearrangement

Back