• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Manly vs Warriors - [Round 24, 2024]

Sea Eagles vs Warriors

Sea Eagles

Kickoff In:

4 Pines Park

Friday
Night
20:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Once or twice a game he produces attacking magic?! Reckon you would struggle to get to 10 in his career. He is a solid centre with his defence being his biggest strength and his attack being his biggest weakness.

For the record I don't think any of our players produce attack magic at that rate/level
He has and does get a ball away while being tackled to a winger and has a little stutter step which does come off sometimes

NZWarriors.com
The opportunity to play together at FG level with the coach backing them. They would thrive.
Further to this, these young forwards have an infectious, youthful exuberance that has a visible influence on players around them such as Addin.
Sifakula has an unjaded confidence and was pleading for the ball because he knew he could score, what happened, they got him the ball and he scored! That mentally lifts the team, it's what Barney has been doing all season while others dwindle.
The season is gone and the future is banging on the door, there is far more upside in giving the next gen more appearances and decent minutes with what is left of this miserable season and end it with the positivity and promise for 2025..

If SJ is giving a hint that CHT will be played as a ball playing lock next year, even if Hansen is promoted we’ve only got two other halves in Metcalf and TMM? It’s often said that a club needs 4 in the squad. I guess if CHT is in fact played at lock, he could still be a halve if injuries transpire?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Good watch on once a warrior with Adam Pompey on it. Didn’t realise he came through in the halves at the roosters. Said he plays there at training sometimes. Sees his strength as attack and his running lines and wants to work on defence and reads a bit better. Always been a big fan of this guy
He is our best centre but Webster shunted Pomp’s out for RTS
Rts prob gets paid more too

A bit of hate on here for CHT, I'm wondering how people would feel about him had he kicked those conversions.
For the Points Difference stat as a half he is +55. Johnson is -85 and TMM -34.
A couple of kicks go his way and he could have had an 8-1-0 record this season.

Mar 31Round 4W20-12NewcastleT: 1
May 26Round 12W24-20DolphinsT: 1
Jun 8Round 14W42-12North Qld
Jun 29Round 17W32-16BrisbaneT: 2, G: 1/1
Jul 6Round 18L12-13Canterbury*
Jul 19Round 20L18-20CanberraG: 0/3**
Jul 26Round 21W28-16Wests TigersG: 4/6
Aug 2Round 22L20-30ParramattaG: 1/1***
Aug 11Round 23L32-34DolphinsG: 4/6****

* Ref missed penalty on TMM just before fulltime. Bulldogs player probably offside gets a fingertip deflected on the drop goal attempt in Golden Point. Lost by 1.
** Our 1st and 2nd kicker are off the field. CHT misses one from the side-line, then a much easier one, and then the shocker from right out in front. Lost by 2.
*** Only game with a SJ/CHT pairing since injury forced that combo in-game Round 4. Lost by 10.
**** CHT misses another easy conversion. Lost by 2.

I'm not really advocating for him or anything, just trying to show how easy things could be different if he was a more clutch performer.

CHT is being picked apart as a starting half.

The reality is though if everything went the way we wanted it to this year, he would not have started a single game at 6.

He's done an above average job in my book which is all you can ask for from a guy that is probably better suited to being a utility.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
CHT is being picked apart as a starting half.

The reality is though if everything went the way we wanted it to this year, he would not have started a single game at 6.

He's done an above average job in my book which is all you can ask for from a guy that is probably better suited to being a utility.
You have nailed it
He s a
Mister versatile able to do roles ok but not masterfully

Damn we really fucked up recruting RTS and wasting 6-700k on him.

Hasn’t made us better one bit.

Should have gone to bunnies or doggies and become Mr MVP again at fullback.

You have nailed it
He s a
Mister versatile able to do roles ok but not masterfully
Lance Hohaia knocks on Chanel Harris-Tavita's door and the old Jack Of All Trades Master Of None hands the JOATMON Throne to the new Jack Of All Trades Master Of None.
That's how I see CHT, certainly given the year away he had - I expected he might come back to rugby league but as a semi-pro/amateur, see out his days in Fox/whatever lower level, actually.
Not the GOAT, but the JOAT. (C) mrblonde 2024.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
He okayed the decision though, so webby to me had no worries having Rts there.
He was quick to bring Laumape’s comments about a return back to reality. Don’t think there’s any doubt he was happy to have RTS return. Happier than CNK I think. Wonder if his drop in form has been hearing the noise of RTS needing to return to fullback. Feel like he and Webster were off the mark with their comments that fullback was CNK’s and both should have come from the view that they’ll do what’s best for the team

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
He okayed the decision though, so webby to me had no worries having Rts there.
He was quick to bring Laumape’s comments about a return back to reality. Don’t think there’s any doubt he was happy to have RTS return. Happier than CNK I think. Wonder if his drop in form has been hearing the noise of RTS needing to return to fullback. Feel like he and Webster were off the mark with their comments that fullback was CNK’s and both should have come from the view that they’ll do what’s best for the team
RTS is a great marketing choice and Webster when the decision was made was in his first year as a FG coach. It maybe that he was happy with getting RTS. I just find it strange that we wanted a 30 plus year old that had never played Centre to be a first choice Centre.

What is neede. The Forwards have a solid look with JFH coming to replace AFB. With the young guys having another pre seaon the pack has a domonant look to it.

Metcalf seems a lock to replace SJ. Who partners him? Personally I would try Tuaupiki as he has good feet and D and kicks goals. The other I have a feeling about at 6 os MTG. There are plenty of Centres, but we need another finisher.

Reactions: j_p
RTS is a great marketing choice and Webster when the decision was made was in his first year as a FG coach. It maybe that he was happy with getting RTS. I just find it strange that we wanted a 30 plus year old that had never played Centre to be a first choice Centre.
The 30 plus year old was as irrelevant as it was regarding Capewell to Webster I reckon and was more about what these type of guys can teach the young guys coming through in work ethic and professionalism, I’ve always believed that upon hearing of their signings. RTS to come in a be a roving centre as was touted in the manner of Manu was optimistic at best

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back