• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Manly vs Warriors - [Round 24, 2024]

Sea Eagles vs Warriors

Sea Eagles

Kickoff In:

4 Pines Park

Friday
Night
20:00

Warriors

Team Lists

Could not agree more. All have had major defensive lapses in their games even though they play 10 minutes
That’s a false narrative

Laban played consistently long minutes. What happened to his FG development?

Leka did a decent shift

Roache can handle big minutes.

Sifakula & Zyon Maiu’u are the only ones with. short motors. But they play Prop so let them bang.

Love to see at least 3 of them get a run together before season end.

The opportunity to play together at FG level with the coach backing them. They would thrive.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Lol don't make me bring out the screen shots of our veteran players doing exactly this all season long

100%
No accountability by the vets who make rookie mistakes yet the rookies apparently need to be nurtured into FG like babies.

They have proven as a collective group of 3-4, together they can raise up and beat the best in class aka Penrith.

Where’s the consistency in accountability by the coach? The standards of excellence are not maintained by the vets but they all get passes for some strange reason…. Wingers can’t tackle, CHT can’t kick, Nikoure can’t break the line, RTS doesn’t know where he is, AFB doesn’t want to be there… the FG team are littered with problems but let’s not fix it because it no one’s fault

So if it’s no one’s fault especially CHT, then it must mean the collective group fucked up so the collective group can do a shint in NSW Cup now the season is over and let the kids play

While I am in a ranting mood

Would a 20 yr old Reece Walsh be the star he is today had we not given him the opportunity to play FG?

Had he stayed in Brisbane he might still be in reserve grade for the good of his “development”…

think outside the box fellas
Exactly.
Never to young if you have that X factor.
Walsh makes mistakes still. But they still keep him every game
Keeps the oposition Guessing
Not like us now........... same thing every play and wonder why there are no gaps to break through
Webster and his sidekicks are SLOW learners

Exactly.
Never to young if you have that X factor.
Walsh makes mistakes still. But they still keep him every game
Keeps the oposition Guessing
Not like us now........... same thing every play and wonder why there are no gaps to break through
Webster and his sidekicks are SLOW learners
I'm sure if we had an absolute blue chip prospect like Reece Walsh we'd be playing him.
They're rare...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
If they sidelined most of the vets... thats a lot of money not playing when they can.. and most will still be here til end of 2025

I guess business wise, it don't look like a good investment, sponsors may think twice.. and other stakeholders etc...

If anything a chance for these players to save face. However, the club shouldn't rule out 1 or 2 young fellas playing either...

I don't get it. Reserve grade/cup squad is there to replace first grade players in case of injury or poor form?
So our young players are not ready because some are defensively weak and/or to slow? Is that right?

So Montoya , Pompey , DWZ , Rts , Kosi are terrible constantly on defense and lack speed. All year.....Most of the time. And get a pass? Get picked every week. But our young ones have a couple of games and get caught out a few times and they shouldn't play 1st grade til 2029? Lol. Sweet!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If they sidelined most of the vets... thats a lot of money not playing when they can.. and most will still be here til end of 2025

I guess business wise, it don't look like a good investment, sponsors may think twice.. and other stakeholders etc...

If anything a chance for these players to save face. However, the club shouldn't rule out 1 or 2 young fellas playing either...
Also, Capewell came back to replace Laban, who would you pick if you're trying to win games, the origin player or a two game rookie, Jake looked good though, didn't do anything flash but his defence held up well enough, he'll have learned a lot, could be a regular in a year or two.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
A bit of hate on here for CHT, I'm wondering how people would feel about him had he kicked those conversions.
For the Points Difference stat as a half he is +55. Johnson is -85 and TMM -34.
A couple of kicks go his way and he could have had an 8-1-0 record this season.

Mar 31Round 4W20-12NewcastleT: 1
May 26Round 12W24-20DolphinsT: 1
Jun 8Round 14W42-12North Qld
Jun 29Round 17W32-16BrisbaneT: 2, G: 1/1
Jul 6Round 18L12-13Canterbury*
Jul 19Round 20L18-20CanberraG: 0/3**
Jul 26Round 21W28-16Wests TigersG: 4/6
Aug 2Round 22L20-30ParramattaG: 1/1***
Aug 11Round 23L32-34DolphinsG: 4/6****

* Ref missed penalty on TMM just before fulltime. Bulldogs player probably offside gets a fingertip deflected on the drop goal attempt in Golden Point. Lost by 1.
** Our 1st and 2nd kicker are off the field. CHT misses one from the side-line, then a much easier one, and then the shocker from right out in front. Lost by 2.
*** Only game with a SJ/CHT pairing since injury forced that combo in-game Round 4. Lost by 10.
**** CHT misses another easy conversion. Lost by 2.

I'm not really advocating for him or anything, just trying to show how easy things could be different if he was a more clutch performer.

Off the top of my head. Pompey has pretty much always been involved in our best patches of form and great wins last year and this.
Once or twice a game he produces attacking magic.
Once or twice a game he produces attacking magic?! Reckon you would struggle to get to 10 in his career. He is a solid centre with his defence being his biggest strength and his attack being his biggest weakness.

For the record I don't think any of our players produce attack magic at that rate/level

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back