Pick Your Team Dragons v Warriors - Round 7, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

An interesting team selection this week. We are short on middles so someone should get an opportunity.

Who will it be?

It has been mentioned Walker is due back for ANZAC Day. If that gets pushed back at all the person given the opportunity might get a bit more time in first grade. Assuming the coaches stick with the same player and they don't get injured themselves or suspended.

Let's hope we are a few weeks without injuries and get to a point where guys are coming back and not losing more.

A lot has been made the last few years when clubs get a big injury toll. The Bulldogs for example last year were losing middles similar to us. They have the advantage of Gould being in the media who can mention it.

Will it get mentioned for us?
It can be looked at either way. We lose and it's a convenient reason. I like Websters' no excuses, we have a team selected and are expected to do a job. Also if we win we have a resilient squad that keeps performing despite the challenges.

Btw how is this guy doing? He's got the size, worth the investment

Not saying give him a spot right now...

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 R T Sheck
5 M Montoya
6 T M Martin
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 T Ale
11 J Ford
12 K Capewell
13 T Harris

14 C H Tavita
15 M Barnett
16 Z Zyon Maiu’u
17 J Laban

Keep tohu on at 13 for the 80.

Barnett for Ale after 20 and hopefully for the rest of the game.

Zyon Maiu’u for AFB 10 before halftime 10 after half time to just go nuts!

Laban cover for backrow

And CHT utility.

I’d Chuck Halasima on the bench, even as a middle rotation. Watched the cup game and I liked his intensity on defence, carried hard and has X factor, first game back also

My bench would be

Harris-Tavita
Barnett
Halasima
Laban

Anyone else think the NRL need better cameras/angles/ wider shots of the playing field? It’s so hard to know what the strategy of opposing teams is with how zoomed in it is. I want to know why Turbo was so deep in the defensive line providing extra mn cover and why we didn’t chip and chase. I want to see shape of defence and attack. The commentators just don’t give enough insights into this stuff.

Anyone else think the NRL need better cameras/angles/ wider shots of the playing field? It’s so hard to know what the strategy of opposing teams is with how zoomed in it is. I want to know why Turbo was so deep in the defensive line providing extra mn cover and why we didn’t chip and chase. I want to see shape of defence and attack. The commentators just don’t give enough insights into this stuff.
I imagine it's all at the broadcaster's discretion: Camera positioning, angling etc. And, to be honest, I'd like some more analysis of the game and tactics rather than what so-and-so's Junior club was (especially if the commentators are talking about an opposition player!) but I think you and I are in a distinct minority and any analysis would bore those who just want the Big Hits! T R Y s! BIFF! in the game. Maybe an option for a weekly Sky TV programme/Podcast?? I like Cooper's bit on NRL360 and John's podcast, but maybe needs to be longer/more indepth.
Maybe simply a drone that keeps a wide view of the field from up high and when there's a try/attempted try, we get to see the buildup from Topdown?? Even if there's really only enough time to do that during half-time, I think that would be worth seeing..

Team:
Same as last week, Zyon Maiu’u gets his debut.

We hear a lot on the changing landscape of media and how sports is premium contact with it being live and covering a large part of the year.

I've liked some of the technology used to provide analysis like where the ball is going for kicks or players out of position. That either just gets used for pre/post game analysis or coaching/tactics on NRL.com. During the games it seems to come and go.

If sport is looked at as premium contact with the way media is changing there should be investment and a rethink on how sport is broadcast.

Some extra camera angles to see the defensive line or how far fullbacks are back would be nice. We typically get the same old, same old then it comes to a big event like Vegas, Origin or Finals and we get some innovation or the spidercam. The spidercam is different when they occasionally follow behind the play the ball.

I want that yellow line that the NFL use, would be great for forward passes
First-down-line.jpg

he was bad today but he wasn't the only one. If we take a hollistic approach, I think Ford has been our most consistent, improved performer over the last 2 years under webby. He now runs some of the best, most straightest lines off SJ I have ever seen. He deserves his starting spot imo. If he continues to have these clangers, then that's a conversation worth revisiting however.
Excellent post, it's all true, he runs straight and hard all the time. But is also prone to a loose carry.

He stays put, plus it's against his old club who never gave him a real chance.

Let's hope it's the reverse of kiwis playing in Auckland and he tears the Dragons a new one.

Last edited:
We hear a lot on the changing landscape of media and how sports is premium contact with it being live and covering a large part of the year.

I've liked some of the technology used to provide analysis like where the ball is going for kicks or players out of position. That either just gets used for pre/post game analysis or coaching/tactics on NRL.com. During the games it seems to come and go.

If sport is looked at as premium contact with the way media is changing there should be investment and a rethink on how sport is broadcast.

Some extra camera angles to see the defensive line or how far fullbacks are back would be nice. We typically get the same old, same old then it comes to a big event like Vegas, Origin or Finals and we get some innovation or the spidercam. The spidercam is different when they occasionally follow behind the play the ball.
Blame everyone's lord and Saviour LORD VLANDYS. precovid Fox sports was looking to revolutionize how the NRL was broadcast. They were going to have lines and camera angles showing the 10 meters and if referees were consistent with it. They had been working on technology based on something to do with cricket to show how far the ball travelled forward and if it was a forward pass. They had looked at how things were done in the USA in regard to both baseball and NFL coverage. that was shot down as it didn't want to expose referees to more scrutiny and the NRL believed the average fan didnt want that. You have to understand with the NRL they do not care about existing fans they because they believe they will watch no matter what. They want to attract new fans.

The NRL digital content team was working on having something similar to what the NFL network is right now. they had a bunch of incredible stuff that was going to come out before vlandys Sh1t canned them all. thankfully most of those great people found better places to work.

when it comes to different camera angels and the like, well the smaller suburban grounds wouldn't be able to support that

Webster's next man up scenario.
If not now when??
Now is the time. All he needs to do is temper his excitement and do his job. If he loses it emotionally, that’s when errors and dumb plays happen.

Blood him in the next 2 matches and give him a taste. He won’t let these guys down again - the trial was a one off error.

Back