3. Dally M (Positional Award)
  4. RLPA Players Champion
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Johnson
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/shaun-johnson/summary.html
Manu's redemption arc is not on the footy field but in life.

Does anyone think SJ will re-sign for another year? Tohu is 2025...

Unlike last year where he extended in July, I think we are going to have to wait until a few weeks after our season is done to find out if he is going to keep going or not.

Based on what he has been saying, and how well he has been playing, I am 70:30 at the moment, 70 that he will play on one more season, 30 that he will retire

Personally, I hope he doesn't play next year..
Because that will mean we will have won a premiership 👀

images (50).jpeg

Last edited:
Curious to know what he’s lacking not to be Captain.
Not this old chestnut.

I would have thought it is obvious. He has the wrong personality for it.

He is a virtuoso, a former child prodigy.

With prodigious talent comes exacting standards, intolerance of average performers going through the motions, inclined to be emotionally high strung, prone to out bursts....eccentricities, and perfectionism - an unobtainable goal, even for the boy genius.

When Shaun loses his shit he goes off. That is problem one for a leader.

When Shaun sees his team losing, he takes it all on himself to dig them out of the shit, that is problem two with him as far as leadership goes.

Which is why he is perfectly suited as the super star and not the cool calm leader that the Warriors need.

The Kiwis see this in him too.

Making Shaun the Captain is dumbest thing you could do, he cannot help put pressure on himself and those around him which is well suited to his organizing role, but needs to be offset by a calm figure to balance it out in a team environment.

If we made Shaun Captain, he would regress to trying to do it all on his own again.

Roger Tuivasa Sheck has the same problem, as did Simon Mannering, thrown in there because they are the hardest workers, which ends up seeing them carrying the team on their backs, and the team does not take the responsibility and own it in the way they should.

Tohu Harris is a perfect Captain, you don't see him out there, you would barely know he is the Captain of the team if you were watching the Warriors for your first time.

All the players respect Tohu, they know what he is about, he just talks, lets other people talk, and they get on with it like the Captaincy is no big deal....he is very much the kind of guy that does not give you the guilts, does not put pressure on you, and is not overbearing.

I would have loved to Work with Harris, in a day job, I would have given him a lead position in a heart beat.

Does anyone think SJ will re-sign for another year? Tohu is 2025...

Yes I do think he'll go around again.

Gus Gould made a point today that most of the games top HBs (other than Cleary & Moses) are old as fuck. Ben Hunt, DCE, SJ Reynolds, Townshend - all 32 plus.

I just don't see how he could give it away when he gets to play in this type of team

Almost have to throw the book at SJ for 2025. He's the most valuable to the side by a long shot. He's also playing career best football. Current side as it stands won't be near the 8 without he and AFB next year.