• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
Josh Curran 2023 crop.png

Player Josh Curran

Full Name
Joshua Curran
Date of Birth
Jun 10, 1999
Birth Location
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Height (cm)
185 cm
Weight (kg)
104 kg
Position/s
  1. Second Row
  2. Lock
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Aug 2, 2019
Warriors Debut Details
NRL 2019, Round 20, Canberra Raiders at Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2019
  2. 2020
  3. 2021
  4. 2022
  5. 2023
Signed To
Canterbury Bulldogs
Signed From
Sydney Roosters
Current Club
Canterbury Bulldogs
Rep Honours
  1. Indigenous All Stars
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Curran
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/josh-curran/summary.html
........to go on to graduate from the school of life.
How do you graduate from there? I'm not sure how many credits I need. Can I sit any externals cause I don't think I have enough internal credits.

NZWarriors.com
Josh was on Monty’s show

Still loves the club and the fans.

Interesting when asked he said he went to Webby to ask for a release due to being hime sick

But earlier was asked what he thinks about players who signed then backed out from coming to NZ in 2023 he said when you sign for NZ you are expected to come to NZ, each to their own but…

So maybe him sick was just an official story, but he’s doing well for the Dogs and having family watching him live is a joy for him, he’s keen to see the fans and play us in Auckland again

Josh was on Monty’s show

Still loves the club and the fans.

Interesting when asked he said he went to Webby to ask for a release due to being hime sick

But earlier was asked what he thinks about players who signed then backed out from coming to NZ in 2023 he said when you sign for NZ you are expected to come to NZ, each to their own but…

So maybe him sick was just an official story, but he’s doing well for the Dogs and having family watching him live is a joy for him, he’s keen to see the fans and play us in Auckland again

He got home sick after Phil Gould offered him a job at the doggies...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
My feeling is that the whole punch a kid in the face in the nightclub toilets thing didn't sit well with Webby. I can only assume that Curren would have been pretty distracted by the court case etc for a good chunk of last season and I don't blame Webby if that was a factor in his selection decision making.

View: https://www.facebook.com/100064768056375/posts/pfbid026RqRKq166JycuLRNLL1Y347V4K349DzUPpGJRrCZYVfwxcFWjwMNJxh2rkcZbhyLl/?app=fbl

If thats legit(I haven't heard the podcast) then Curran comes across as a bit of a sook. Glad hes gone if that's the case.

Dogs fans in the comments think they have the second coming of Wayne Bennett as coach. Will be entertaining to watch them crash and burn next year.

All jokes aside, you'd think clubs would have the review before letting players get on the large. So it becomes Terrific Tuesday/whatever rather than Mad Monday? So what? Finish all the "professional" stuff related to the season - which includes the reviews - then it's Let's Get 'Faced While Dressed as Cartman Time...
Curran's entitled to think "well, you told me you loved me two months ago, why are you making Bambi eyes at Marata now?" but it sounds a bit like the RTS/CNK situation, did Webster make promises/assurances no coach should really make, like "You'll always be 'whatever position', unless you break something."??
Dogs fans are in the same position we were in last season, basically.
Are we seeing a performance relationship where if one ex-Panther Coach has a good season, the other is doomed by some unholy other-worldly connective curse ("There can be only One" rule?) to have a bad one? That's how their two seasons have gone so far...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
All jokes aside, you'd think clubs would have the review before letting players get on the large. So it becomes Terrific Tuesday/whatever rather than Mad Monday? So what? Finish all the "professional" stuff related to the season - which includes the reviews - then it's Let's Get 'Faced While Dressed as Cartman Time...
Curran's entitled to think "well, you told me you loved me two months ago, why are you making Bambi eyes at Marata now?" but it sounds a bit like the RTS/CNK situation, did Webster make promises/assurances no coach should really make, like "You'll always be 'whatever position', unless you break something."??
Dogs fans are in the same position we were in last season, basically.
Are we seeing a performance relationship where if one ex-Panther Coach has a good season, the other is doomed by some unholy other-worldly connective curse ("There can be only One" rule?) to have a bad one? That's how their two seasons have gone so far...
Don’t think you can underestimate the value of Stephen Crichton’s leadership and the trust from players knowing he practices what he preaches picking up 3 premierships and a big game player. I think JFH is going to have a similar impact

The events with Curran leaving were always a bit off.

When it happened as it wasn't straight after the season it was getting deep into the off-season. I can't recall if there were rumours about him being given permission to move on or not. I am pretty sure there was the odd rumour linking him to some clubs.

Then when we signed Capewell the reasoning was that we lost some experience. That was from two players they released. Sironen was likely to free up a roster spot or rebalance the squad position-wise. After Curran left it seemed like the experience hole was self-inflicted.

Besides some discipline issues, it is hard to fault Niukore's output last year. Having that big body worked well either helping Johnson on defence or giving him a big body to dump the ball off to or a decoy to entice the defence.

Curran runs good lines but Webster was favouring Ford's workload on the other side.

Curran is being a bit petty here, it’s the 2nd time he’s publicly dogged Webby. The league world is relatively small and coaches won’t want a bar of anyone dogging Previous coaches. Also as a player you never know where u or a coach may end up down the track, doesn’t make sense to burn bridges. I was disappointed when Curran left but This and the ph incident would imply he has a bit of a short fuse which we may have dodged a bullet

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Curran is being a bit petty here, it’s the 2nd time he’s publicly dogged Webby. The league world is relatively small and coaches won’t want a bar of anyone dogging Previous coaches. Also as a player you never know where u or a coach may end up down the track, doesn’t make sense to burn bridges. I was disappointed when Curran left but This and the ph incident would imply he has a bit of a short fuse which we may have dodged a bullet
I am fully behind the club and AW with decisions like this. As much as I want talented players at the club I also want good people.

From what I have seen and heard on Curran, and I am a fan of his play, I am happy to be rid of him.

Nathan Brown recruited Niukore, not Webster so this doesn't really make sense. Curran wasn't playing out of his skin to begin 2023 with his court case looming. His body language towards SJ in the preseason game in Christchurch stunk. In Round 1 he had a 19 minute stint where he didn't run the ball at all.
Decent player but he's only started 2 extra games this season in a pack weaker than our 2023 one
1000005023.jpg

AW has a bias towards older players and Curran is a perfect example of why youth will not prosper at the Warriors.

23 yrs old.
World at your feet.
Invincible(or so we think)
Loves a drink
A party.
Hard to control.
Living life.

Tell me any 23 yr old who isn’t.

Unfortunately it’s this sort of talent we are desperately lacking - the xfactor that comes with youth.

This is AW achilies’ heel.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I love the beat up about a punching a "kid" that just happened to be in a bar. :ROFLMAO: Curran might be an emotional guy, but that doesnt mean hes a bad character. All talk of "cancer" is hilarious.

Coke - meh
Punching a clown who turns out to be underage - also meh, but a good lesson in how it can go wrong but lucky its low consequence.
Totally agree with the punching incident and he seemed to be a good bloke.
But when you come out and bag your ex coach so publicly people are going to ask questions.
Personally I would’ve resigned him but Webby went another direction which I back him to do.

Totally agree with the punching incident and he seemed to be a good bloke.
But when you come out and bag your ex coach so publicly people are going to ask questions.
Personally I would’ve resigned him but Webby went another direction which I back him to do.

It’s a tough one

I understand what Webby wants but you can go too far. Taking the fun out of the sport by weeding out the basketcase looks to be the case this season is counterintuitive . Our guys have turned into dull robotic versions of themselves.

Every class needs a clown. Maybe Jazz and Curran were it.? Now that Webby has replaced them let’s see what sort of a vibe the team has next year…. 🤔

It’s a tough one

I understand what Webby wants but you can go too far. Taking the fun out of the sport by weeding out the basketcase looks to be the case this season is counterintuitive . Our guys have turned into dull robotic versions of themselves.

Every class needs a clown. Maybe Jazz and Curran were it.? Now that Webby has replaced them let’s see what sort of a vibe the team has next year…. 🤔
Maybe the Jazz one i don’t get, he can be hot and cold but a club man and I think we need someone like that.

On Curran I do think that the punching incident probably was the beginning of the end, no matter how bad you think it was, if you wanna build a culture from scratch doing something like that would put you on the shit list.

All up wish he stayed, but I dont think Curran was a victim of being a clown more just a club trying to purge what has made it struggle.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement