• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
Josh Curran 2023 crop.png

Player Josh Curran

Full Name
Joshua Curran
Date of Birth
Jun 10, 1999
Birth Location
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Height (cm)
185 cm
Weight (kg)
104 kg
Position/s
  1. Second Row
  2. Lock
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Aug 2, 2019
Warriors Debut Details
NRL 2019, Round 20, Canberra Raiders at Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2019
  2. 2020
  3. 2021
  4. 2022
  5. 2023
Signed To
Canterbury Bulldogs
Signed From
Sydney Roosters
Current Club
Canterbury Bulldogs
Rep Honours
  1. Indigenous All Stars
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Curran
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/josh-curran/summary.html
I don't think his comments are too bad. The guy really loved it here (like Jazz). It must really hurt when you get that news and all you want to do is get out of the situation. I like that Webby tried to stay in touch and help him through even if he didn't want a bar of it.
I still like Curran but I saw a few plays where he was out of sync and rushing out of the line. Similar to Jazz, a bit to eager which sometimes can kill the cohesion. Looks great to the casual viewer but there are issues there.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
AW has a bias towards older players and Curran is a perfect example of why youth will not prosper at the Warriors.
Calling complete bullshit on this statement and you of all people should know better.

The reason why Curran was let go so easily was because of the extraordinary talent we have coming through whose ceiling Curran can only cry wank about ever possessing. Curran is a good journeyman but he's nothing on the potential of kids like Zion Zyon Maiu’u, Leka Halasima, Demetric Sifakula and Jacob Laban. Now I know potential is unrealized but you have to admit that just in that young group we are bound to get a couple strong starters that will eclipse Curran effortlessly. Not like Curran is over at the Doggies playing a Dally M level season. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

If you're not a marquee than you either a stop gap or a roadblock. Guess which of those Curran was...

My understanding when we signed him from the Roosters was talented but a lazy trainer. Think it was 2022(maybe 2021) he had a belly rivalling Georgie Rose, was well out of shape.

From memory we also signed Marata in early 2022, so not sure how that tracks either with what he's saying.

Decent player, but still not a starter in that Dogs pack. His minutes this year are about the same as last year with us, maybe a touch more this season. So I duno? Sounds a bit sooky, but good luck to him.

Calling complete bullshit on this statement and you of all people should know better.

The reason why Curran was let go so easily was because of the extraordinary talent we have coming through whose ceiling Curran can only cry wank about ever possessing. Curran is a good journeyman but he's nothing on the potential of kids like Zion Zyon Maiu’u, Leka Halasima, Demetric Sifakula and Jacob Laban. Now I know potential is unrealized but you have to admit that just in that young group we are bound to get a couple strong starters that will eclipse Curran effortlessly. Not like Curran is over at the Doggies playing a Dally M level season. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

If you're not a marquee than you either a stop gap or a roadblock. Guess which of those Curran was...

Curran wasn’t replaced by the young guns. He was replaced by Captain Kurt Capewell.

And I’m not doubting the talent pool; but i am doubting how much opportunity AW gives them.

A few had good cameos this year, like a tantalizing tease but no measurable minutes to show he has faith in them.

Laban graced us with a few mid-season matches, Zyon Maiu’u made a home cameo but both vanished back to NSW cup after.

Halasima dazzled with a landmark debut, almost clinching victory against the Doggies. Yet, he too disappeared from FG.

Sifakula strung a few games together which is promising.

If AW plays them regularly next season, possibly nudging out more seasoned players by the end of 2025, I’ll happily eat humble pie. If he plays two or three of them together, as a pack with JFH - perhaps during origin with Barnett and Capewell away, then yeah, Curran was a basketcase that needed to go 😂

only time will tell…….

The reason why Curran was let go so easily was because of the extraordinary talent we have coming through whose ceiling Curran can only cry wank about ever possessing. Curran is a good journeyman but he's nothing on the potential of kids like Zion Zyon Maiu’u, Leka Halasima, Demetric Sifakula and Jacob Laban.
huh? We ran out Tofu, Marata, and Walker mostly this year.
Now I know potential is unrealized but you have to admit that just in that young group we are bound to get a couple strong starters that will eclipse Curran effortlessly. Not like Curran is over at the Doggies playing a Dally M level season. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Huh? Our entire 2nd row is a stopgap or roadblock at the moment..

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Webster probably thought the Curran money was better spent on Capewell, especially if he could mentor the younger kids coming through on what's required to be a pro footballer.

I liked Currans passion for the club but those comments are pretty immature.

[IMG alt="Bullfrog2"]https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/data/avatars/m/33/33482.jpg?1712438783[/IMG]

Bullfrog2

Kennel Established​

26 minutes ago
Gotta be honest - after watching that interview, it kind of changed my perseption of Curran a bit.

There was a lot of "me, me, me" in there. Considering the assualt charges in 2022/2023, he was lucky Wahs didn't rip his contract then and there.

I don't know about you guys, but if my club tells me they don't see me in their plans once contract comes to an end - I still stick to that contract and work my **** off and possibly prove them wrong within the four walls before packing my shit.

He also contradicted himself as he says he didn't leave because he was homesick, but then also said he wanted out pre-2023 because he was homseick...

EDIT: Also don't like it when someone airs their dirty laundry to everyone. The way he put down Webby there at the end isn't consistant from what I've heard from his players.
Pretty much, get on with it Mr Curran!

Great posts off the bulldogs forum of all places

[IMG alt="Bullfrog2"]https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/data/avatars/m/33/33482.jpg?1712438783[/IMG]

Bullfrog2

Kennel Established​

26 minutes ago

Pretty much, get on with it Mr Curran!

Great posts off the bulldogs forum of all places

Alot of their lot coming back down to earth pretty quickly.

But yeah, a bit sad that he's decided to throw all of this out there. I feel that if it were really that bad, it would have come out earlier and been a bit more consistent with other players, right?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Decent player, but still not a starter in that Dogs pack. His minutes this year are about the same as last year with us, maybe a touch more this season. So I duno? Sounds a bit sooky, but good luck to him.
Interesting if his game time is similar. It just shows a lot of is down to perception. How the coach interacts with you, how you feel as part of the team. Or what part of the game you are on (coach having you on at critical moments). That in turn makes the player happy. Who then probably thinks he's getting more game time.

I've always thought he was better out wider as he can run into holes quite well. He could have been useful here this year when Ford moved into the middle.

The Bulldogs have been playing him in them middle. Either as a battering ram or trying to do some ball playing. Roach has been hyping him up as one of the buys of the year. They have a better recruit in the same team in Crighton.

He probably should have been released here after 2020. I think that was the year he had a gut. He managed to turn things around due to turning his fitness around. He came here as fringe first grader and improved while he was here and left as a first grader. The amount of times we have had players regress while at the Warriors it is good to see the opposite.

He is happy at the Bulldogs now as it is all new. Lets see what happens in a few years or if he needs to move on again.

Interesting if his game time is similar. It just shows a lot of is down to perception. How the coach interacts with you, how you feel as part of the team. Or what part of the game you are on (coach having you on at critical moments). That in turn makes the player happy. Who then probably thinks he's getting more game time.

I've always thought he was better out wider as he can run into holes quite well. He could have been useful here this year when Ford moved into the middle.

The Bulldogs have been playing him in them middle. Either as a battering ram or trying to do some ball playing. Roach has been hyping him up as one of the buys of the year. They have a better recruit in the same team in Crighton.

He probably should have been released here after 2020. I think that was the year he had a gut. He managed to turn things around due to turning his fitness around. He came here as fringe first grader and improved while he was here and left as a first grader. The amount of times we have had players regress while at the Warriors it is good to see the opposite.

He is happy at the Bulldogs now as it is all new. Lets see what happens in a few years or if he needs to move on again.
I didn't have a bad thing to say about him till he bagged Webby.

They call me Tom Petty.

I didn't have a bad thing to say about him till he bagged Webby.

They call me Tom Petty.
They tell me when you were young you were a real heart breaker. When you'd break up with a girl you'd take her for a walk amongst the wild flowers.

Hey it is better than calling you a travelling wilbury.