Rep Honours
  1. Indigenous All Stars
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Curran
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/josh-curran/summary.html
I challenge anyone to drink every time he says "it's crazy" you'll be bloto by the 3 minute mark.
Likeable guy and good player but u listen to capewell speak (and I'm no Rhode scholar myself) but u can see why capewah looks a better fit to bring these young guys through into first grade.
Good luck to josh though- he always left it all on the pitch and it's understandable why he felt it was time to move on- would be stoked for him to achieve his goal of playing origin one day.

That’s what I thought, until listening to the Bloke podcast where he said Webster asked him at the end of the season what was up and he said he wanted to go back to Aussie..

Sure, but it also highlighted that he was likely to be a bit-player off the bench for fleeting minutes. I can see how Josh was unhappy with that, and it shows the Warriors weren't overly committed to him.

Sure, but it also highlighted that he was likely to be a bit-player off the bench for fleeting minutes. I can see how Josh was unhappy with that, and it shows the Warriors weren't overly committed to him.
Yeah I understand him seeing himself as a lock , but he's no Tohu Harris or Isiah Yeo.
" I felt I plated my best footy when brownie would just say play my natural game" or something to that effect was what he said, which is cool and all but yeah maybe not much of a studier and probably not as into video as Webby likes?

Yeah I understand him seeing himself as a lock , but he's no Tohu Harris or Isiah Yeo.
" I felt I plated my best footy when brownie would just say play my natural game" or something to that effect was what he said, which is cool and all but yeah maybe not much of a studier and probably not as into video as Webby likes?
Siliva Havili, and at least three ex Warriors hookers told the coach that they knew what was their best footy in contrast to what the coach said, all of them ended up released.

This is not hard.

Stupid players who think the coach has the wrong model are dead men walking at any NRL club under any NRL coach with any team set up.

Glad Curran is gone, we cannot afford more ''stupid' after decades of releasing guys who know better than the coach.

Hëy Josh ya dumb kient Webster won Daley M coach of the year, Ciao!

I find it odd that he said recently he left because he was playing off the bench , didn't enjoy it and saw bigger and better things for him , mostly starting ball playing lock.
Might have been beaten to that position by that weak gutted dog Salmon...

I find it odd that he said recently he left because he was playing off the bench , didn't enjoy it and saw bigger and better things for him , mostly starting ball playing lock.
Might have been beaten to that position by that weak gutted dog Salmon...

I suspect he had an attitude problem that Webster picked up on, remember how he was kept out of the side for a bit and told he had work ons in NSW cup last year.

I am glad he pissed off.

I remember being offered a chance to leave college with dignity instead of being expelled. I suspect the same was true of Curran.

Whether he stayed or not, 2024 was going to be his final season with us and clubs have always had an unwritten rule about releasing fringe players who are offered multi year deals at another club. He knew the writing was on the wall and it was time to move on. I bet we will see an increase in skill level and enthusiasm that greener pastures usually bring and the inevitable lamenting from fans about his premature release. Fact is it was probably the best move for both parties.

Seeing the abundance of young talent running around our lower grades and at the recent trial game proves to me that the clubs decision to release him was completely correct. With all due respect to Curran his ceiling is much lower than some of the prospects we have coming through. We really do have an embarrassment of riches which other clubs should find frightening.

No hate on the bloke at all. Curran played his role exceptionally as an edge forward and should be proud of what he achieved while here. The Warriors should also be proud in identifying him and developing his game to where it is now. Its easy to forget that he had previously only had one NRL game before joining us so he's a rarity as far as the Warriors development of Australians go.

His defensive workload will be missed as will some of his support play. Wish him nothing but the best for the future and thank him for his service to the club especially during the covid period where he was one of the highlights during a pretty bleak period for the Warriors...