• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
JFH Kiwis 5.png

Player James Fisher-Harris

Full Name
James Fisher-Harris
Date of Birth
Jan 5, 1996
Birth Location
Kohukohu, Northland, New Zealand
Nationality
  1. 🇳🇿 New Zealand
Height (cm)
187 cm
Weight (kg)
104 kg
Position/s
  1. Prop
  2. Second Row
  3. Lock
Nickname
Ika, Fish
Forum Nickname/s
JFH
Signed From
Penrith Panthers
Junior Club/s
Whangarei Marist Brothers
Previous Club/s
Penrith Panthers
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. NZ Maori
  3. Junior Kiwi
Awards/Honours
  1. Golden Boot
  2. Dally M (Positional Award)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Fisher-Harris
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/james-fisher-harris/summary.html
NZWarriors.com
Much as I believe JFH is a very good get for the Wahs in truth he is a poor man’s AFB
He need not be any kind of AFB. A key is him being exactly who he is. He has qualities Addin doesn't. He lacks abilities Addin has. Different and rightly so. I'll miss Addin but it won't be as bad as Fish is as good a replacement as we could have hoped for. And probably more than we thought. I'm sure you know all this though. 👍

He need not be any kind of AFB. A key is him being exactly who he is. He has qualities Addin doesn't. He lacks abilities Addin has. Different and rightly so. I'll miss Addin but it won't be as bad as Fish is as good a replacement as we could have hoped for. And probably more than we thought. I'm sure you know all this though. 👍

Agreed.

JFH elevates team-mates.

AFB performs at a high level, individually.

The question, I think, is which one do we need more?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The way I’ve framed this is, AFB is a better player for the short term. Fish is a better player for the long term.

Addin has better statistics & on paper, is a better player. He’s a try scoring, high metres, high minutes alpha prop.

Fish brings better intangibles that aren’t seen in statistics. He’s been brought to improve the culture of our club, brings mana & a history of winning. He’s also a mentor to our young props coming through.

The addition of fish may not yield benefits in the first 12 months, but what he’ll do for the club over his four years will be immense.

I'm a huge fan of AFB and what he provided us. They are different players. Willie Mason pointed out when we signed JFH how AFB would use a late step at the line while JFH will try and go through you.

AFB was playing big minutes for us. JFH may have his minutes broken down differently at the Panthers but he does do a lot while he is on. He does a lot of work off the ball. He is also a different body shape and looks a lot quicker across the ground.

When the AFB departure was announced some of the names thrown around probably needed two players to replace AFB. If we are going 1 for 1 we probably landed one of the best replacements.

The analysts usually mention AFB and Haas when discussing the best front rowers in the game. If someone added JFH into the conversation they would likely talk of him in a similar way it is like he is forgotten about as the Panthers have so many playing at a high level that he doesn't stand out as much.

The Panthers fans would likely JFH the best. They have won 3 Grand Finals in a row and also lost one before that. A lot of their success was built off the platform set up by JFH.

In the past we have had different players like Campion or Price that get discussed how they teach the young guys what it means to be a professional footballer. Looking at the way the Panthers and his family talk about JFH we have got a good one for that coming to the club.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
JFH is consistently top tier - the classic measure being his games are never lower than a 7. We need that at the Wahs! I agree with the sentiment that people say which is that he makes the whole team better. When was the last time we had a player of his calibre and his intimidation play for us?

On another but related note. He needs to be captain. He will sign another 2 year contract with us so minimum has 5 years. Make him captain, raise the mana levels, and set the standard.