NRL NRL Round 5, 2024 Discussion

By the sound of it, he wasn't doing well there.

Alot of stock to be placed in coach and culture.
He did well there for awhile. He was critical to their charges in 2019 and 2020. Seems like they just decided to go with Ethan strange afterwards. Strange is a great runner, as we just saw with that try, but lacks the ball skills of CNK. Raiders have always had the pack to compete with the best: the lack of attacking shape has always been their issue.

He did well there for awhile. He was critical to their charges in 2019 and 2020. Seems like they just decided to go with Ethan strange afterwards. Strange is a great runner, as we just saw with that try, but lacks the ball skills of CNK. Raiders have always had the pack to compete with the best: the lack of attacking shape has always been their issue.
Dont u mean Savage?

Bros and Sistas the top 10 biggest players in NRL 24 is in:

1: Nelson A.-Solomona(Storm) 200cm(6'7)135kg+

2: Benjamin TE Kura (Broncos)
205cm(6'9")122Kg

3:Jordan Miller(Tigers)
192cm (6'4") 131Kg

4:Taniela Paseka (Manly)
197cm(6'6") 120Kgs

5: NZ international and Para Prop Wirimu Greig 192cm (6'4")124Kg

6: Tom Burgess (Rabbits)
196cm(6'5")120 Kgs

7:Daniel Saifiti (Knights)
195cm(6'5")121 Kgs

8:Addin Fonua-Blake (Warriors)
189cm(6'2")123 Kgs

9: Junior Paulo ( Paramata)188cm(6"2") 123 Kgs

10: Toafofoa Sipley (Manly)
190cm(6'3)120Kg

DIISCLAIMER: This is based on aggregate between hieght and weight,there may be other bigger players.
Hezus Manly already have 2 of the biggest beasts in the game..now they get AFB too next year....We gotta win this year the window is now..

we'll likely finish this round in 5th because raiders-eels game is likely a 1-12 game either way. But if we keep winning, as I believe we will, it's only a matter of time before we end up there. The teams currently there run out of luck in terms of ease of draw over the next few weeks.

Ah I see my table has not awarded Sharks their bye

Sharks will bump us to 5th.

Eels or Raiders will bump us to 6th if either has the big near 30 point win

Yep sorry- typing at the same time as watching the raiders match.
Remember thinking it was wierd at the time. They wanted to go in a new direction with Savage so got rid of CNK.......then almost immediately the next season i see Savage in reserve grade where he pretty much stayed and they we're using makeshift fullbacks in Kris and Rapana to cover.......didnt really get it................worked out for the Warriors tho.

Ah I see my table has not awarded Sharks their bye

Sharks will bump us to 5th.

Eels or Raiders will bump us to 6th if either has the big near 30 point win
I don't think it makes much sense for us to focus too much on ladder position at this stage anyway. It's heavily distorted by ease of early draw and byes. We'll get a much clearer period closer to origin I where everyone stands. I suspect we will be in the four by then.

Going to make a sweeping generalisation on the basis of what I've seen this round - every other side is ragg-ed and dragg-ed... we're the best side in this comp
I think what this round shows is we have close to the best depth in the comp. Our second or third string sides are still very strong. Other teams not so much. Brisbane also have good depth tho- pushing a full strength Melbourne all the way without their stars.

Back