Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's more about who owns 7 houses and is campaigning to give tax relief to other landlords.

Of course interest deductibility isn't going to solve the whole issue but its one small tool.

Making this issue a campaign issue while simultaneously campaign on doles bludgers is pretty obscene...
Interest duductibility is daft. Was not supported by treasury, was not supported by IRD, is not supported by any accountant, is not used in any country overseas, is not applicable to any other business…

Labour did the stupid move introducing it, not National taking it to how it should be.

But he can’t revert back to standard practice because he owns houses…. Right… 🙄

Play the policy not the man.

Totally agree but then they would ask what evidence does he have.

I cannot think of a Saturday I am so looking forward to in my life. Not because of the result, but because it will hopefully stop all the MSM crap we have to endure every day.
Still weeks to go before Winston announces the coalition of chaos... with the NZ Labour Party! We might get our own Jan 6 insurrection if he does that again.

Still weeks to go before Winston announces the coalition of chaos... with the NZ Labour Party! We might get our own Jan 6 insurrection if he does that again.
I've got to the stage where it doesn't really matter, I just want it over and we can maybe (but doubtful) move on to issues as attached.

Sorry for the length but there's only so much you can do over 6 years in charge.

Last edited:
I've got to the stage where it doesn't really matter, I just want it over and we can maybe (but doubtful) move on to issues as attached.

Sorry for the length but there's only so much you can do over 6 years in charge.
One thing I am sure of is that in a few years time we will still be moaning about the state of affairs in NZ.
The system is broken and no particular party will make it any better.

I could actually see it happening.

And I do believe the country would be torn apart if it did with a massive loss of confidence in democracy and people taking issues into their own hands.

If Labour get in again it will be on the back of a deliberate misinformation campaign that has lacked integrity. If they get in democracy has failed and the result will be illegitimate. You can’t campaign on lies and misinformation in a democracy..

It will be like a lightning rod to the crazies to revolt.

Cue juju getting all upset and defensive 😂

Benefits to inflation is sound economics.

Your spreading misinformation.
Sound economics by a party that can't get consensus on their tax policy ANY economist or any minor party to say its credible.

The changes will have a very real & tangible impact on beneficiaries

They have also campaigned on stricter sanctions on beneficiaries despite unemployment being lower than under most of the National reign.

All the while wanting to make it easier for landlords with interest deductibility and no cause evictions (check on Bishops conduct on that)

No misinformation - just nasty & out of touch policy... probably why despite having $8m of funding and Labour still being underwhelming they're still struggling in the polls.

Luxon would benefit though because interest deductibility will bring a people back to hoarding property and send prices up.
A Core Logic rep on RNZ Morning Report was saying it had cooling effect on certain parts of the housing market.
The argument is he would benefit financially because he would be able to claim personally the interest deductibility….. which is impossible because none of his properties have mortgages on them.

Interesting voting strategy 🤔
I get where you are coming from. It isn't uncommon in an MMP system for people to vote for a potential coalition partner.

My guess would be he voted for ACT either to as he prefers their policies or wanted to be strategic. For the local MP it could just be he didn't like the National candidate. You have said yourself the local National MP isn't the best individual. From what I've seen myself when he's been in the news I wouldn't vote for him.

We have been in an MMP system for over 20 years now. A lot of people probably haven't moved to strategic voting, instead sticking to the two main parties. I wouldn't be surprised if younger voters go for the minor parties more due to 1-2 appealing policies.

Back