TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

There’s no way he’s got a calf injury that would only keep him out one week. SJ likely won’t get too many more opportunities like this at the end of his career. He’s already got his contract sorted for next year. So you push through that shit and play.

I would say he’s done or it’s a multi week injury and they’ve said he’ll be available next week so ticket sales don’t fall off a cliff.

I would usually say the team is bigger than one person, but I think we’re close to being fucked here. Only because we have no one else with a semblance of kicking game, which is massively important in finals games. If Walker is moved to five eighth then I’ll chalk that up as a loss, if we can get Volkman in there somehow I give us a slight chance. Up the wahs regardless.

There’s no way he’s got a calf injury that would only keep him out one week. SJ likely won’t get too many more opportunities like this at the end of his career. He’s already got his contract sorted for next year. So you push through that shit and play.

I would say he’s done or it’s a multi week injury and they’ve said he’ll be available next week so ticket sales don’t fall off a cliff.

I would usually say the team is bigger than one person, but I think we’re close to being fucked here. Only because we have no one else with a semblance of kicking game, which is massively important in finals games. If Walker is moved to five eighth then I’ll chalk that up as a loss, if we can get Volkman in there somehow I give us a slight chance. Up the wahs regardless.
Volkman is the closest thing we have to a kicking game, i would rather him in a baptism of fire and be more ready for next weeks game at Mt Smart, it gives him three games in a row! He's been one of the better halves in cup, surely its him.

Berry to play no 3 and no 7 at the same time, kick goals and kick asses.

My sources say that Luxon was invited to games and the end of year awards to discuss a Rocco Berry cloning programme based in a small town down the line called “Kāmino”

The goal is for Rocco to line up at every position 1-17

0F21222F-97F7-4270-9F7B-FCB5DA69E791.jpeg

The footage I saw at airport it was his Calf was strapped but it didn't look to bad and no limp
He hasn't been goalkicking for weeks. His bombs have been as good as ever though. I wonder if this is a stitch up. 🤔

Volkman is the closest thing we have to a kicking game, i would rather him in a baptism of fire and be more ready for next weeks game at Mt Smart, it gives him three games in a row! He's been one of the better halves in cup, surely its him.
Not sure if it was talked about in the post match thread last week.

But the coaching staff had Volkman playing to the exact same kicking plan as they use with SJ. High and deep right, letting our right edge chase hard and pin them down.

Problem is Volkman doesn't have the same height or depth as SJ, so the kicks were landing short with the chase being not quite there as we've seen all season.

They will need to alter the plan if Volkman is to play on Saturday, because that didn't work against the Dolphins let alone Penrith.

Webby has talked about that "next man up" mentality all season, the next man up is Volkman. Get him in, and then it's on the rest of the team to do everything they can to make sure he has as much time as possible to make good decisions when he gets the ball. That means quick play the ball on the 5th, crisp service from dummy half and clear communication from the guys around him. Shifting guys out of their favored positions to fill SJ's spot makes no sense to me.

Back