Pick Your Team Warriors v Knights - Round 4, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker was fine especially in round 2, not sure about why he’s getting bagged
A victim of his own success.

Last year he set up a try almost every single game coming off the bench and made try saving tackles, a one man momentum swinger and the best bench impact player in the NRL.

No player running on a dicky ankle can do that two years in a row, Warriors fans have become greedy little pigs, expecting miracles from all seventeen players every week, drunk on top four success.

Injured Walker has been solid for the Warriors and yet we read people saying his is over the hill.....

Forgive them lord for they know what not they do.....the great unwashed are so used to shit Warriors teams .

Last edited:

Last year he set up a try almost every single game coming off the bench and made try saving tackles, a one man momentum swinger and the best bench impact player in the NRL.

No player running on a dicky ankle can do that two years in a row, Warriors fans have become greedy little pigs, expecting miracles from all seventeen players every week, drunk on top four success.

Injured Walker has been solid for the Warriors and yet we read people saying his is over the hill.....

Forgive them lord for they know what not they do.....the great unwashed are so used to shit Warriors teams that the normal fluctuations below level genius are met with criticism.
He also hasn't had CNK out the back to link to.

Anyway I say give him two or three weeks off to heal properly. It is a long season and we need the healthy Walker out there. The one who is an elite 14.

Forgive them lord for they know what not they do.....the great unwashed are so used to shit Warriors teams that the normal fluctuations below level genius are met with criticism.
Geez thanks Dave
I feel
Much cleaner

On Walker though he has been playing nrl for about 100 years - people wear out

Would you peeps like to see Leiataua at centre if Rog has to cover fullback this week?

I think it's a no-brainer, we know what pompey will bring and he's solid, but certainly a depth guy now. I say develop Leiataua in at centre this week against Gagai, the more we see the more we will find out.

Anyone know how Leiataua’s been doing in cup?

Would prefer Bunty starting and Barney off the bench for some impact

Good we have depth this is basically the same starting backline as last year RTS for CNK and Pompey back in, even after injuries to 2 fullbacks.

This time last year it’d have been DWZ at FB and Kosi/rookie Ali on the wing when both FB are out

Would prefer Bunty starting and Barney off the bench for some impact

Good we have depth this is basically the same starting backline as last year RTS for CNK and Pompey back in, even after injuries to 2 fullbacks.

This time last year it’d have been DWZ at FB and Kosi/rookie Ali on the wing when both FB are out
IMO Ale offers much more. Bunty looked good in the preseason but has not kicked on with his opportunities. Barnett would always start for me. He leads the line speed on defense and is more of a competitor. For impact use Ale until Niukore and Walker come back.

IMO Ale offers much more. Bunty looked good in the preseason but has not kicked on with his opportunities. Barnett would always start for me. He leads the line speed on defense and is more of a competitor. For impact use Ale until Niukore and Walker come back.
Agree, Nuikore is the missing element here. For me when Nuikore is fit AFB and Barnett start, as mentioned Barnett energy on defence is huge and so valuable.

AFB for Ale and Barnett for Nuikore rotation doesn’t lose too much (taking into account AFB status) and Ale is on the improve for me.

Walker and CHT complete the bench

Niukore has been out with an ankle injury so might need a run in Reserves to blow the cobwebs out.

Lussick and CHT doing the job at Hooker no risks with Egan thank you.

If fit CNK starts I do not think our attack operates well with both him and Egan out.

Work has to be done to straighten the attack. Think of a boat Egan and CNK are the rudder and compass. No good going 50 knots in the wrong direction.

Would you peeps like to see Leiataua at centre if Rog has to cover fullback this week?

I think it's a no-brainer, we know what pompey will bring and he's solid, but certainly a depth guy now. I say develop Leiataua in at centre this week against Gagai, the more we see the more we will find out.
I think the only thing wrong with Pompey is RTS. He's incumbent to return in my opinion. Leiataua is like last four rounds when we are a lock in for the finals and we pick a team of reserves. He's young enough to develop and wait and be a great centre within our "window"

Are we still talking about bunty taking opportunities after 132 games of first grade? 😂

I think webby sees bunty as a good battering ram to take early sesson punishment. Then when finals comes he's parked for more dynamic forwards.

Simply on what I've seen this season Ale lookes more threatening.

Last edited:
Is Ale defending well? Can see Bunty’s blocks against big guys with his fluffy hair lol
Neither Ale or Bunty really do it for me as props but Zyon Maiu'u isn't yet a viable bench prop in what is still a young season. I don't hate Ale but I don't think I've seen his best and as it's spoken of widely that he's a better edge, how do we use him as a middle to get high impact? He seems little in that section of the field.

No way I'd rush Egan or CNK back yet, unless they think they're ready let them heal properly.
TMM would of been my fullback choice played very well for the Broncs in 22. Prefer to let RTS further develop as a centre. Having said that I don't think Webbys got a 4th choice fb.
Mind you I've noticed good coaches keep the team changes to a bare minimum.
Webby will field the right players he's got available v Knights.

Dylan Walker hasn't done much wrong but hasn't created much either relative to the standards he set last year and relative to his role in the team of being an offensive spark plug off the bench.
In two games
Zero Try involvements, Try Assists, or Tries
Zero Line Breaks Zero Line Break Assists
He'll be cooking again once Egan is back and we are rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back