• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Dolphins vs Warriors - [Round 23, 2024]

mt.wellington

Contributor
Dolphins vs Warriors - [Round 23, 2024]
PICK YOUR TEAM

Sunday 11th August 4pm NZST Suncorp Stadium

dolphins_1120-getty.jpg
Here's your chance to select your dream team for the next rounds match so don your coaches cap on and lets hear it. This thread will be closed without notice once the TEAM LIST thread opens for this game...

NZWarriors.com
6. CHT
7. SJ

Metcalf isn't going to make a difference and needs more game time IMO.

SJ can own it and see out the season.

Leave TMM in cup and hopefully he qualifies for finals appearances.

Rotate in young forwards in to first grade for experience for next season.

NSW cup team with everyone available who qualifies will be deadly in the finals.

You blew it this season AW I'm afraid. Too stuck on last season, inability to accept or adapt, poor selections and bench use. Big learning needed before next season.

Last edited:
6. CHT
7. SJ

Metcalf isn't going to make a difference and needs more game time IMO.

SJ can own it and see out the season.

Leave TMM in cup and hopefully he qualifies for finals appearances.

Rotate in young forwards in to first grade for experience for next season.

NSW cup team with everyone available who qualifies will be deadly in the finals.

You blew it this season AW I'm afraid. Too stuck on last season, inability to accept or adapt, pour selections and bench use. Big learning needed before next season.
Webster has a lot of learning to do.
Metcalf without injuries would have made a huge difference to our awful attack.
We have preserved with older guys and not getting the youngster thru.
Coaching experience is a loong hard road

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
1. RTS
2. DWZ
3. CNK
4. Montoya
5. Leiataua
6. CHT
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Lussick
10. Barnett
11. Halasima
12. Niukore
13. Ale
14. Egan
15. Maiu'u
16. Sifakula
17. Capewell

Katoa and Isaako could tear up that left edge, but fuck it.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
1. Tuaupiki
2. DWZ
3. CNK
4. MGT
5. RTS

6. CHT
7. SJ

8. AFB
9. Lussick
10. Barney
11. Laban
12. Capewell
13. Ale

14. Roache (9 and halves sub)
15. Niukore (middle sub)
16. Sifakula (middle and edge I suppose)
17. Halasima (centre, back row)

18. TMM
19. Jazz
20. Bunty
21. Egan
22. Somebody

All I'm asking for is that everybody gives their all for the entire game. For each other. For the supporters. For themselves.

Now I’m not blaming him for last night (or the season) but………..

Can someone kindly explain why DWZ just gets a free ride onto everyone’s team list? The guy makes so many mistakes at costly times and yet just completely flies under the radar. It’s astounding that he makes exactly the same mistakes over and over again. He’s getting paid a pretty penny too I’m sure.

I see people calling for this player that player to get dropped but he just gets a free ride. By rights RTS should be playing on his wing cause that’s actually where he’s historically played. Almost all RTS’s highlights are on the right side of the field.

I just don’t understand how he’s barely even questioned for selection.

If he didn’t have a cool haircut and theatrical finishes. Everyone would hate him…… Everyone.

Someone please explain this phenomenon.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Leiataua
4. MGT
5. RTS
6. CHT
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Niukore
11. Laban
12. Capewell
13. Barnett

14. Lussick
15. Ale
16. Tevaga
17. Halasima

We need to keep building these combinations through continuity in selection in the backs.
Niukore needs to head to the middle. Laban and Halasima to share the edge minutes.
Start Egan, get a rest 10 either side of half time.

Last edited:

Can someone kindly explain why DWZ just gets a free ride onto everyone’s team list? The guy makes so many mistakes at costly times and yet just completely flies under the radar. It’s astounding that he makes exactly the same mistakes over and over again. He’s getting paid a pretty penny too I’m sure.

I see people calling for this player that player to get dropped but he just gets a free ride. By rights RTS should be playing on his wing cause that’s actually where he’s historically played. Almost all RTS’s highlights are on the right side of the field.

If he didn’t have a cool haircut and theatrical finishes. Everyone would hate him…… Everyone.

I'm with you.

1. Taine
2. RTS
3. Ali
4. CNK
5. MGT

Things that wouldn't surprise me this Tuesday.

SJ's 'achilles' still not right so won't be playing

Monty to wing and RTS to left centre

Metcalf picked despite only playing half a game.

My hope is that AW, while never going to publicly acknowledge it,has realized the season is over and will continue to pick TMM and Metcalf in cup to make the team as strong as it can be for finals time while building combinations for first grade next season.

Would be a great confidence booster for the players and club heading in to next season. And AW and the club need some good news story to sell after this seasons results

1 T Tuaupiki
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R T Sheck
4 C N Klokstad
5 E Kosi
6 L Metcalf
7 T M Martin
8 A F Blake
9 F Lussick
10 M Niukore
11 K Capewell
12 L Halasima
13 M Barnett

14 C H Tavita
15 J Tavaga
16 T Ale
17 J Laban / D Walker

I've seen enough of SJ, Sail off into the sunset princess.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

His flying perm makes the game attractive for lady viewers.

Our defence is huge for 15 minutes then folds like paper, same shit every week, get the team to defend for the other 65 minutes and it might get interesting
We defend with purpose but can’t score ourselves. Then they score first opportunity in our 20 and heads drop.

We could say we need more resilience but the reality is the players see we are lame at attacking and can’t win if we can’t pose a threat…

We need SJ’s achilles to flare up again unfortunately.

Bit harsh t
We defend with purpose but can’t score ourselves. Then they score first opportunity in our 20 and heads drop.

We could say we need more resilience but the reality is the players see we are lame at attacking and can’t win if we can’t pose a threat…

We need SJ’s achilles to flare up again unfortunately.
Bit harsh to wish ill of SJ but FM how we could do with a Kevin Campion. We desperately need to find some resolve.
The best teams overcome shit calls,injuries ,coaches mistakes ,etc.

Bit harsh t
Bit harsh to wish ill of SJ but FM how we could do with a Kevin Campion. We desperately need to find some resolve.
The best teams overcome shit calls,injuries ,coaches mistakes ,etc.
Bumped into Campo bout 3 months ago.
Kept it brief.
Said you played bloody well for us.
Thank you.
Took it in good spirit great guy and was a great player
Gee his nose looks shocking though…

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back