General Boxing

snake77

snake77

Was that the brother?
I heard it mentioned during one of the trial matches and checked the Sky Guide. But looking at the day you posted I must have looked at the wrong day.

snake77

snake77

This could go in the Russia invades Ukraine thread.

The war is having a big impact on the boxing world.

One of the klitschko brothers is a mayor for one of the major cities. He and his brother have talked about picking up arms.

Vasiliy Lomachenko I think has also joined some reserve force to protect his home town.

Then you have Usyk instead of training for a rematch with Joshua he is protecting his homeland.

Puts minor day to day things in perspective.

Defence

Defence

Was that the brother?
I heard it mentioned during one of the trial matches and checked the Sky Guide. But looking at the day you posted I must have looked at the wrong day.
yeah hes a southpaw and sharp af- killer left hand.
if u get a chance to watch him fight hes worth a look- i think he'll go a long way- been groomed for it obviously. looks like he could easily drop down a couple of weight divisions too.

Reactions: snake77
john nick

john nick

This could go in the Russia invades Ukraine thread.

The war is having a big impact on the boxing world.

One of the klitschko brothers is a mayor for one of the major cities. He and his brother have talked about picking up arms.

Vasiliy Lomachenko I think has also joined some reserve force to protect his home town.

Then you have Usyk instead of training for a rematch with Joshua he is protecting his homeland.

Puts minor day to day things in perspective.

Certainly does put things into perspective.

Things like MANDATES slip into obscurity all things considered

snake77

snake77

I didn't know he threw the belts out of the ring. I saw him walk off and come back. The speech was a bizzare it was kind of like I've stormed off now I need to put things right.

He has handled his previous losses well. I can understand how tough it would be to train to fix the issues from the first fight and still come off short. He thought a better fight this time.

Usyk did well coming from the 9th round where he looked like he was struggling. Put on the pace in the 10th and came home strong.

Reactions: J_P
snake77

snake77

Some of the pictures of the post fight would have you confused who won.

Usyk has this confused look on his face Rightly so as Joshua is stealing his moment. Not sure if he is fluent in english or not as he was using a translator during the interviews but that could be due to being in front of the entire world.

Joshua has the microphone and in some of the photos the Ukranian flag across his shoulders.

Reactions: Noitall
snake77

snake77

There are still interesting fights out there for Joshua.

Ruiz to finish off the trilogy. Ruiz would want to make amends for being out of shape in the 2nd fight. For Joshua it is now a decent fight to market instead of finding a tune up fight.

Wilder fight although not as marketable now its not for the belts but it would still be an interesting fight. Joshua is more robotic but powerful whereas Wilder is unconventional but has power.

Also see Whyte listed as an option. He's coming off a loss in a title fight as well.

jonesy101

jonesy101

The way he behaved, even to the guy (who I think was a judge of one of the earlier bouts) once he left the arena was completely bizarre, I've never seen a meltdown from him like that before. He's been able to reflect on his actions yesterday and respect to him for that.

Reactions: Hardyman's Yugo
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Parker v Joyce. Who is going to win?

Parker has been knocking about Manchester this week

4553475A 913E 4D72 8E6C A74C4A2E0CB9

Reactions: bruce and Sup42