Sports Black Caps

I wish they would Bowl him more, but they never seem to want to go there.
Its because he bowls about 115kms which is like medium pace even in senior men's club cricket. And in international cricket they like guys with gas or spin and slow medium is not in fashion these days.
Trying to think of anyone in the world who bowls it now??? (who is any good at bowling)
Back in the day Mystery Morrison was a strike bowler at 110 kms.

Then we would have deserved to lose.......can tell you one definite thing tho. If Kane isnt fit for the Aussie series, then we definitely aint got a chance.
I don't see us having a shit show against Aussie unless Rachin plays
However they don't seem to be ready to give him another run un tests yet,

Its because he bowls about 115kms which is like medium pace even in senior men's club cricket. And in international cricket they like guys with gas or spin and slow medium is not in fashion these days.
Trying to think of anyone in the world who bowls it now??? (who is any good at bowling)
Back in the day Mystery Morrison was a strike bowler at 110 kms.
How fast was Coney? Some say medium fast but I wouldn't think so. I'm sure most of his wickets were because the batsmen didn't think anyone could bowl that slowly and were through the shot before the ball got to them.

Man, I miss Coney and Waddle doing commentary.

How fast was Coney? Some say medium fast but I wouldn't think so. I'm sure most of his wickets were because the batsmen didn't think anyone could bowl that slowly and were through the shot before the ball got to them.

Man, I miss Coney and Waddle doing commentary.
Slow medium

Coney was a superb commentator
Better at that than as a player

In Ian Smith's auto biography Coney was the king of the slips and he used to make everyone play chicken throughout the day in tests.
Chicken is where in an international match no less, you watch the bowler run in and then close your eyes for the delivery and hold out your hands but hope it doesn't come to you.
Smith said he was excused from it since he was keeper but Coney made Jeff Crowe and Rutherford and every one else play it

Players need to be injury free but also in form through lots of playing?

Play the best in tests.
True but he could get time in the middle through ND as well. We got a bunch of early 30 year olds who are all going to retire around the same time......if we havent started bringing the new wave through by then were screwed.......once again if at home, against South Africa C team isnt the right time to play one or 2 of them, then when is?

True but he could get time in the middle through ND as well. We got a bunch of early 30 year olds who are all going to retire around the same time......if we havent started bringing the new wave through by then were screwed.......once again if at home, against South Africa C team isnt the right time to play one or 2 of them, then when is?
South Africa C will probably, in NZ conditions, be better than Sri Lanka and Bangers.
They will all be some of the better FC cricketers they have
Probably like us playing a team with Ashok, Ben Sears, Rachin, Henry Cooper, Cole McConchie etc

Isn’t that like saying we should have SJ running around in reserve grade until mid season so he doesn’t get injured and to allow youngsters to get an opportunity?

Blood the young cricketers in one dayers until they are better than the first choice players.

Isn’t that like saying we should have SJ running around in reserve grade until mid season so he doesn’t get injured and to allow youngsters to get an opportunity?

Blood the young cricketers in one dayers.
No. Because by that analogy the team the Saffas have sent over (which would be on par to our first class sides) is a reserve grade team, and the Warriors wouldnt risk SJ how he is atm against a reserve grade team

South Africa C will probably, in NZ conditions, be better than Sri Lanka and Bangers.
They will all be some of the better FC cricketers they have
Probably like us playing a team with Ashok, Ben Sears, Rachin, Henry Cooper, Cole McConchie etc
Yeah probably. Hence why our whole line up shouldnt be a bunch of newbies, but just 1 or 2 of them mixed in with our experienced guys.....just to start that development track now so by the time the current generation retires we've got guys blooded in.

Last edited:
Yeah probably. Hence why our whole line up wouldnt be a bunch of newbies, but just 1 or 2 of them mixed in with our experienced guys.....just think the benefits outweigh everything else
Yes 1 or 2 I agree. But Kane needs to play. If he plays we are guaranteed to win. I trust no one else.

Here is the link to their squad - have a click on their FC stats. This is more like a South African B team than a C team

Some of these players are very very good.

Yes 1 or 2 I agree. But Kane needs to play. If he plays we are guaranteed to win. I trust no one else.

Here is the link to their squad - have a click on their FC stats. This is more like a South African B team than a C team

Some of these players are very very good.

For me it's more of a question of how good are thier Bowlers? I think our Bowlers can take thier top order.

The team id run out/

1. Devon Conway (good chance to bat him into form)
2. Tom Latham
3. Will Young/Henry Nicholls (both have been batting well in the super smash)
4, Rachin Ravindra (well overdue)
5, Darryl Mitchell (GOAT ;) )
6. Glenn Phillips (both him and Ravindra also cover your spin option)
7. Tom Blundell (if he's batting at 7 thata good depth batting line up)
8. Kyle Jamieson (dont know what his status as far as injury is atm)
9. Tim Southee (c)
10. Matt Henry
11. Will ORourke/Ben Sears (let them rip)

And id ive give Ashok a run at the Mount for one of the seamers.

Last edited:
The team id run out/

1. Devon Conway (good chance to bat him into form)
2. Tom Latham
3. Will Young/Henry Nicholls (both have been batting well in the super smash)
4, Rachin Ravindra (well overdue)
5, Darryl Mitchell (GOAT ;) )
6. Glenn Phillips (both him and Ravindra also cover your spin option)
7. Tom Blundell (if he's batting at 7 thata good depth batting line up)
8. Kyle Jamieson (dont know what his status as far as injury is atm)
9. Tim Southee (c)
10. Matt Henry
11. Will ORourke/Ben Sears
I am sorry but I wouldn't money on that side to win. They should win. But wouldn't risk my money,
Super Smash form should be ignored. I would anyway.

Back