Votes: 30 22.9%
  • F

Votes: 86 65.6%

• Total voters

mt.wellington

Contributor
Dragons v Warriors - [Round 7, 2024] POST MATCH

Dragons11.jpg

The official NZWF thread for all post match discussion on this weeks game. Celebrate. Vent. Who were your stand outs? Who needs to be dropped? Man of the match (MOM)?

Discuss...

IMG_3176.jpeg

What a miserable game.

Love Webby, but would take a bit of the edge of if he admitted to being shit with how he uses the bench. Or better yet, just stop being shit at it

I mean one middle forward? In favour of a mid-at-best centre and a reserve grade hooker, who played 5 min each?? Not all on the bench choices though, there’s plentttttyy to not be happy about.

We had a rough patch last year around ANZAC day when we had a lot of players out as well, but at least there was still plenty of heart in those loses this time last year

F-, but I still believe we will be in the top 4 this year

In some ways it is good for everyone to get their head out of the clouds, and be a bit more realistic. We haven't really looked like a top four club bar the Rabbitohs game, which was always an anomaly due to their shitness.

The Dragons defended well all game. I thought we threw enough to crack a team in the first 20, and they didn't. They were tough, and full of energy and played much of the game with a 90% completion rate. Every team we have played (bar the Rabbits) has looked good this year. It is probably no coincidence, and should be of concern.

I think the Aussie pundits saw the RTS name and let it move the needle too far. The expectations for him to be an elite centre are a bridge too far. The weaknesses his game has always had are exacerbated at centre, but where the hell do you play him?

I think we look good with direct runs and short balls among the forwards, but need to sort out our backline shape as teams have them covered, and the crabbing across is impotent.

Injuries are tough, but to use them as an excuse is papering over the cracks. Though I would say that our bench used to wrest the momentum at the 25-30 minute mark, which is where we are struggling at the moment.

Thank fuck we have the Titans next week. No Warriors fan should count their chickens, but I really think this is the right time to get them. I wouldn't be a fan of Anzac Day in Melbourne after the last two weeks.

I'm going to switch off before the string of "Yeah definitelys" in the Sky Post Match show.

Back