• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
webster.png

Staff Andrew Webster

Coach Grade
  1. NRL Head Coach
Date of Birth
Jan 17, 1982
Birth Location
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
I need to vent. Andrew Webster needs to grow a pair of balls and stop with the shit about not seeing a high and late tackle. I know he wants to build a culture where the players do not blame the refs for the results. I get that but where a player is hit late and high where one of the players broke their jaw due to the force of the hit he needs to stand up and say enough. If nothing is said nothing is done. We will just see the same shit where our players get targeted because the NRL will not protect our players.
Political pricks like Annesley will never do the right thing. He will just mouth what the NRL wants to hear. Andrew needs to stand up and get a reputation for protecting his players. Doesn't matter if we win by 20 or lose by 60 if illegal shit happens to our players and the refs do nothing he needs make them know it is not OK. He doesn't need to have a fit like Ricky but he needs to make the NRL uncomfortable.

NZWarriors.com
I need to vent. Andrew Webster needs to grow a pair of balls and stop with the shit about not seeing a high and late tackle. I know he wants to build a culture where the players do not blame the refs for the results. I get that but where a player is hit late and high where one of the players broke their jaw due to the force of the hit he needs to stand up and say enough. If nothing is said nothing is done. We will just see the same shit where our players get targeted because the NRL will not protect our players.
Political pricks like Annesley will never do the right thing. He will just mouth what the NRL wants to hear. Andrew needs to stand up and get a reputation for protecting his players. Doesn't matter if we win by 20 or lose by 60 if illegal shit happens to our players and the refs do nothing he needs make them know it is not OK. He doesn't need to have a fit like Ricky but he needs to make the NRL uncomfortable.
I’d rather Webster not become the next Geoff Toovey. I believe these matters are better addressed in private between club and NRL (which they are). It’s a far more professional way to behave while traditional and social media will always provide criticism for a howler anyway.

The only group missing out are the fans who feel like they are without retribution, which I concede..

Food for thought: Looking back a few years, at the time I found the following incident hilarious and satisfying, now I find it closer to cringeworthy: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...-whistle-warriors-boss-wants-rowdy-home-crowd

I’d rather Webster not become the next Geoff Toovey. I believe these matters are better addressed in private between club and NRL (which they are). It’s a far more professional way to behave while traditional and social media will always provide criticism for a howler anyway.

The only group missing out are the fans who feel like they are without retribution, which I concede..

Food for thought: Looking back a few years, at the time I found the following incident hilarious and satisfying, now I find it closer to cringeworthy: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...-whistle-warriors-boss-wants-rowdy-home-crowd
Story from 2019 shows not much has changed in 5 years. Calls that astounded us was a quote I saw in that article and still seeing calls that are astounding me . You’re right though, that’s not the answer from CG. Shows the levels of frustration though

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

i thought we were keeping track of all these subconscious bias decisions going against us.
This is another clear one to add to the list.

I cant even remember what the incident was when Jason Paris did his outburst??

i thought we were keeping track of all these subconscious bias decisions going against us.

Tofu getting smashed in the face by a swinging arm by Leota, bunker checked and cleared it in front of a packed Suncorp of Magic round crowd, a few weeks after a clutch bunker decision to rule a try to the Storm when every single person saw the ball knocked onto Dallin’s face then back into the Storm player.

Our sponsor stood up while everyone saw the disgusting behavior, probably why Matty Jones show and 360 were trying to gloss it over and praise the dogs to prevent the same blowback.

Last edited:

I would bet money that the club is already doing that. The issue with doing it behind closed doors is that the NRL doesn't need to do shit. I am not worried about dud calls as all clubs get those or even conscious or unconscious bias . My post is about where illegal shit happens to our players. That needs to be aired publicly as the NRL may actually do something if we are loud about how our players are not protected. All the HIA protocols that the NRL brought in would not have been about player safety. It would have been about protecting the NRL legally. If you are publicly airing that the NRL is not protecting your players they will listen.

What we saw was a fucken lunatic breaking his own jaw so he could put a late hit on TMM. If he had been penalised or better yet sent off in the game you can be guaranteed that the coaches will make sure that players don't do that. Now if it is 10 minutes to got and the score is level it is a free for all on our players. But hey lets take it behind closed door because that will work like never. Fuck me the club has got to get tougher. We keep the NRL going over COVID but the NRL will not even protect our players.

I would bet money that the club is already doing that. The issue with doing it behind closed doors is that the NRL doesn't need to do shit. I am not worried about dud calls as all clubs get those or even conscious or unconscious bias . My post is about where illegal shit happens to our players. That needs to be aired publicly as the NRL may actually do something if we are loud about how our players are not protected. All the HIA protocols that the NRL brought in would not have been about player safety. It would have been about protecting the NRL legally. If you are publicly airing that the NRL is not protecting your players they will listen.

What we saw was a fucken lunatic breaking his own jaw so he could put a late hit on TMM. If he had been penalised or better yet sent off in the game you can be guaranteed that the coaches will make sure that players don't do that. Now if it is 10 minutes to got and the score is level it is a free for all on our players. But hey lets take it behind closed door because that will work like never. Fuck me the club has got to get tougher. We keep the NRL going over COVID but the NRL will not even protect our players.
Montoya smacked in the head going for a try against Titans - We even had it reviewed and it was turned down after being assessed.

All good because it was a wrapping action 🙄

Same game RTS was sent off in the name of player safety…

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

Can't remember the incident either. Wasn't it the Penrith game though? Refs were pretty one sided that day and it may have been growing frustration rather than a single incident that set him off.

I would hate to become the next Raiders where the coach consistently deflects from his and his teams own failings to take shots at the ref/NRL for costing them losses.

"I didn't see it" is really just Webby speak for "no comment". It would definitely get addressed behind closed doors and that's the important thing.

Can't remember the incident either. Wasn't it the Penrith game though? Refs were pretty one sided that day and it may have been growing frustration rather than a single incident that set him off.

Swinging arm on Tohu's face, bunker cleared it, later a dust up where Sifakula touched Cleary's chin - send off

In front of a packed Magic Round crowd for all to see

Swinging arm on Tohu's face, bunker cleared it, later a dust up where Sifakula touched Cleary's chin - send off

In front of a packed Magic Round crowd for all to see

One common factor in all this… the bunker. I can forgive the ref missing stuff.

The amount the bunker gets wrong or has inconsistent rulings despite extra time and multiple viewings is simply ‘unbelievable’.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

The amount the bunker gets wrong or has inconsistent rulings despite extra time and multiple viewings is simply ‘unbelievable’.

In union you have the bunker bringing in footage for the ref to see, along with 2 touch judges to make a decision, with the ref being the guy making final decisions, it's crazy how the bunker has the full authority to make the call, 1 ref pushed back last year but they probably forced the refs to not do it again as I haven't seen that again.

It's stupid.

I would hate to become the next Raiders where the coach consistently deflects from his and his teams own failings to take shots at the ref/NRL for costing them losses.

"I didn't see it" is really just Webby speak for "no comment". It would definitely get addressed behind closed doors and that's the important thing.
What is with this getting addressed behind closed doors thing? If it was it wouldn't be an issue. What is it going to take TMM having another brain bleed before we actually say something publicly?

Also read my post. I don't want Webster to be the next Ricky. I want him to actually fucken say something when something illegal happens to our players without repercussion. Such a fucken cop out by him to say he didn't see it.

What is with this getting addressed behind closed doors thing? If it was it wouldn't be an issue. What is it going to take TMM having another brain bleed before we actually say something publicly?

Also read my post. I don't want Webster to be the next Ricky. I want him to actually fucken say something when something illegal happens to our players without repercussion. Such a fucken cop out by him to say he didn't see it.

I already answered your post, you saying the same thing in a different way isn't going to change my view. Saying it publicly would be fan lip service and little more.

When it was introduced the Bunker was supposed to improve the turnaround times on decisions and get the majority of the decisions right. Sounds like one side of a TUI ad.

The percentage they listed for incorrect calls when the Bunker came in was always going to make them a laughing stock when they started getting calls wrong.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Agree. But just a thought, some are suggesting the game is corrupt and controlled by gambling interests, in other words the underground criminal mafia. What does that mean? Those guys don't play by the law, and if I were Webby I wouldn't be risking the welfare of myself or my family for speaking out against them either in what's essentially an entertainment industry. Tinfoil hat back in the drawer. I wish him well.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back