Rate the Match

• D

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • E

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • F

Votes: 78 67.8%

• Total voters
Bizarre bench. Webby is no fool, one of the backs must not be right to have a centre on the bench. Montoyas’ lost ball coming back into contact started the slide and his lack of a jump to catch the ball when Lomax jumped over him to score showed that either the coaches didn’t do their homework or they did and Montoya wasn’t t listening. Lomax does that every week.

We have often talked about the club being a sleeping giant. That is mainly due to the playing potential.

I'll put another spin on it. The supporters that come along when the side is overall going well.

It was pretty cool hearing Warriors chants at an away game. We've had that a few times the last year.

A shame the boys didn't get a win for them. Still great seeing them well supported away from home.

Tohu needs a rest. Capewell is a poor mans Tohu. Ford is alright, He works hard. At least he has speed which Capewell left in Brisbane.
We need a don't run at me biarrch Vic Radley type backrower. Backrow of robots is not it.

Dallin needs a hiding from Addin. Stop shooting in on dee Dallin, Upper cut - left hook! Ok toko? U got it siana? You want another bunch?
And his wing partner can drop balls in Nsw cup.

Rts? Fucked if i know. He either plays FB or wing. He is not a distributor. Hes a run , step guy. Let pompey feed him ball and just run roger rabbit! Straight too. Not fucking sideways.

When Nuikore gets back. We have a handy prop rotation. Missing one more big mean bugger to complete it. Doesn't have to be a Tohu Harris endurance bot. Come on for 10 - 15 mins and break some bones.

Feel like there’s something amiss mentally at the moment? We seem to either start well and not have the same impact as the game goes on, or else we either start slow and let the opposition put on points and we chase. We seem to have the most success from the latter

Something that has been bothering me this year when compared to last is that the introduction of Capewell has reduced our right side threat. We would start with hard runners Barnett or Niukore and sub in hard runner Curran or even Sironen. Capewell doesn’t present that same threat; it’s not his style and he is playing big minutes there’s not fresh legs keeping the defence on their toes

Seems a worrying trend and IMO - looking back at games so far this season we’ve scored significantly more from the left and middle.

Trusting Capewah can develop some silky lines and improve his link play with those around him.

… let’s thump Des’s Titans 😤

Looks like webbys gone for safety over attack/risk.

Could be his Achilles heel. It’s a young man’s game these days and deficits don’t mean shit. You need to be able to attack and attack quick.

Not capitalizing more on the mountain of possession at the start came back to bite us in the arse, particularly with a bench providing little to no impact.
Throwing Zyon Maiu’u out there alongside AFB & Tohu for even just the first 15 minutes would've made a lot more sense that carrying Pompey on the bench.
Flush it & onto the next one
Yeah Pompey 5 minutes and Roache 3 minutes. What was the point of them being there. If Pompeys learning a forward position, has had all of pre season and 7 weeks to do so, give him more time on field - not even sure who he came on for or where he was playing though and what other changes were made on field for his run on.

Zyon Maiu’u having a 15 minute stint would have been much better but the CHT injury may have changed the plans, we have no utility without Walker, Jazz, CHT and even Lussick, so i see the reason for choosing Pompey and Roache, just think they could have had a bit more game time

A credit to how the side has turned things around that a loss like this is such a shock.

They way we have been playing this year we may be a 50|50 team unless we sort things out. It is still early days if we are off in the later rounds instead of getting a good run of form like last year than I'll be worried.

Our gameplan invites team to match us

You still have to beat them though.

Tonight, with their piggy backs we lost field position and didn't have enough to wrestle it back.

Flanno knows exactly how to neutralize SJ so it did look like Shauns ball time was completely read.
It also looked like Flanno had watched the Warriors hidings against Penrith and the Broncos and set his defence to kill off our link players on our set moves, our centers and backrowers off SJ got killed tonight.

Sometimes you have to roll with those punches, Webster would be a fool to replace the plan just because one coach unraveled it early in the piece while our halfback shied away from kicking left and passing left.

The plan still works, we just aren't helping our cause by being readable on our right side heavy attack.

We need a left hook...otherwise we can be tied up and counter punched easily.
As far as targetting our playmakers (SJ and Egan)well thats an age old ploy to try and take some gas out of their tanks. SJ 29 tackles to Ben Hiunts 8......gotta say they did that effectively

Yeah think they obviously did their homework on our shifts with our multiple lead runners. Most outsides fall into the trap of planting and only having eyes on SJ when he runs hence the space opens. Their outsides looked drilled on closing down any potential receiver and they did that time and again.

I know we're heavily a right side orientated attack but we really need that left to be a genuinely capable alternative threat. Its almost like an after thought when we do go that side. The lack of shape on that edge is concerning. Thought we got it wrong and shouldve been targetting their left both on the kick and with ball in hand as it was Lomax's first game at centre and Ravalawa has shown he's easy to get on the outside of.

However tho as much as it was frustrating unable to crack their edges the penalties we were giving away and yielding 30 points indicates some soft D will probably concern Webby more. And i think that was down to not being able to handle the physicality of a much bigger team. Fatigue or flatness from a period of hardout games the reason? Quite possibly,,,,this is where i thought the bench use didnt do us any favours.

Last edited:
Back