• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
addin.png

Player Addin Fonua-Blake

Date of Birth
Nov 6, 1995
Birth Location
Meadowbank, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
  2. 🇳🇿 New Zealand
  3. 🇹🇴 Tonga
Height (cm)
189 cm
Weight (kg)
123 kg
Position/s
  1. Prop
Nickname
AFB
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 13, 2021
Warriors Debut Details
NRL 2021, Round 1, Gold Coast Titans
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2021
  2. 2022
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed To
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Signed From
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Junior Club/s
Mascot Jets
Previous Club/s
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Current Club
New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
  2. Dally M (Positional Award)
Status
Active
NZWarriors.com
Massive loss but it may also force a rethink of our team and bench rotation. Need to cover his minutes and output somehow. That may mean more impactful minutes from some of our bench players. Maybe?
Yes that's about all we can do. With Fish arriving and young blokes developing I see no reason to panic and every reason to plant our feet and get ready for another shot next year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Price or AFB as the best prop to ever play for the Warriors?

So hard to separate

Price was a leader, made HUGE metres at a time that you had to create the roll on (it seems a lot easier these days with the speed of the game), surprisingly quick on his feet, and his pressure on the kickers was awesome.

AFB very dynamic footwork, strong, durable, huge motor, great defence, ultra-consistent, best prop in the modern game.

Price by a whisker for me due to the tougher environment (he played in cauldrons that don't exist anymore) and leadership, though I could easily be convinced to flip due to AFB's motor and fitness.

Both the starting props in the All time XIII though.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I wonder if Addin will win Daly M prop of the year this year.

Most meters by a prop (as per Fox stats), great D, loads of tries for a front rower. Not too far off last year's stats, aside from a few more tries.

I wonder if Mitch Barnett will also get a look in, he's listed as 3rd most meters for a prop which is pretty nuts. Debut for NSW, played like an absolute demon.

Most meters by a prop (as per Fox stats), great D, loads of tries for a front rower. Not too far off last year's stats, aside from a few more tries.

I wonder if Mitch Barnett will also get a look in, he's listed as 3rd most meters for a prop which is pretty nuts. Debut for NSW, played like an absolute demon.
I rate them both but rate Addin higher as prop measures go. Barney on psycho nut never back down measures.

I think we get both Dally M prop awards. They’ve both been awesome.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
doesnt it get decided on Dally M votes each game though? AFB should be right up there. Not sure Barney would have collected enough?
No, only top 3 players in overall Dally M scoring are guaranteed selection (unless their position is already filled), otherwise positional awards are voted on during & at the end of the season.

No, only top 3 players in overall Dally M scoring are guaranteed selection (unless their position is already filled), otherwise positional awards are voted on during & at the end of the season.
Left field thought. Would AFB be in contention for the overall award? Or is that a bridge too far for a front rower?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement