General Warriors Junior Pathways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was out there at the games today and it was very hot - I was standing at the back of stands in full shade, joining most folks who were avoiding the sun. It might have "only" been 28 degrees when I arrived at 10am, but it felt much hotter due to the humidity. By the time I left the ground it was 37 degrees.

Both teams accounted for themselves well, but were shown up by technically better Eels sides that have probably played together much more than our boys. Lots of handling errors for both teams, but the Eels capitalised better. Parramatta won the SG Ball and lost in the Semis of Harold Matts last year - they're both very, very good teams, and our boys did well to stay with them for as long as we did. SG Ball should probably have continued on and closed out an upset, but that loose pass after scoring was just an absolute coach, crowd and momentum killer.

There were some dubious calls against us - as noted several times by the Parra fans we were standing near - but the boys just weren't quite up for the whole 60/70 mins in the heat today. Plenty of Warriors talent on show though, which bodes well for the future! Looking forward to see how much these two teams improve by the end of the season.

Was out there at the games today and it was very hot - I was standing at the back of stands in full shade, joining most folks who were avoiding the sun. It might have "only" been 28 degrees when I arrived at 10am, but it felt much hotter due to the humidity. By the time I left the ground it was 37 degrees.

Both teams accounted for themselves well, but were shown up by technically better Eels sides that have probably played together much more than our boys. Lots of handling errors for both teams, but the Eels capitalised better. Parramatta won the SG Ball and lost in the Semis of Harold Matts last year - they're both very, very good teams, and our boys did well to stay with them for as long as we did. SG Ball should probably have continued on and closed out an upset, but that loose pass after scoring was just an absolute coach, crowd and momentum killer.

There were some dubious calls against us - as noted several times by the Parra fans we were standing near - but the boys just weren't quite up for the whole 60/70 mins in the heat today. Plenty of Warriors talent on show though, which bodes well for the future! Looking forward to see how much these two teams improve by the end of the season.

Thanks for the side line eye account, much appreciated.

One of the Matts boys told my son that the ball was "wet" which might mean that it was covered in sweat lol. The handling was bad in the Roosters vs Bulldogs games as well.

They were staying with the Eels at half time. There was a bad forward pass call from the touch judge after half time that killed the boys momentum but they were generally outplayed anyway, especially in the forwards. The fullback for the Eels, Bloomfield, is gun in league and rugby. The speed difference between him and Ratcliffe was evident in his runaway try. Ratcliffe needs to work harder to cover the opposition shifts through the backline when defending his tryline too. I don't know his background but he doesn't look to be a league fullback to me. Not yet anyway. Gordan Afoa looked hungry for the ball once he got on, a bit more polish on his timing and he'd have scored a couple.

Pasikala looked good at fullback for the ball side. If Sio hadn't been concussed, I expect they would've gone on to win that game. It looked like a bad concussion too, that might rule him out of any first grade trial games this month. I thought the game was pretty good despite the late capitulation, a lot of what they did well was down to Soric's work at standoff IMO. That shit pass from the wing after scoring turned the game but overall, there was a lot to like.

Last edited:
Soric looks the goods, don’t think we would’ve been as close as we were without his kicking game & direction. Looks a class above.

Yeah I thought he looked dangerous every time he touched the ball. Nice rainbow pass to winger for a try and a couple other good moments. Should be a gun player in a few years.

Let us know how good the quality is, cheers!
Nothing wrong with the stream quality but no more Wahs games scheduled for Harold Matts and SG ball (unless we make finals).
Schedule not released for the two higher grades so I'll wait to see how many games they’re showing before deciding whether to extend the free trial.

Nothing wrong with the stream quality but no more Wahs games scheduled for Harold Matts and SG ball (unless we make finals).
Schedule not released for the two higher grades so I'll wait to see how many games they’re showing before deciding whether to extend the free trial.
What a joke, brand new teams, exciting times for our club & nation, and they stream one weekend. Glad I didn’t spend the $.

What a joke, brand new teams, exciting times for our club & nation, and they stream one weekend. Glad I didn’t spend the $.
They only stream one game per weekend, the majority of teams only have one game shown in the season. Since we only have 3 away games in Oz I think we’re probably lucky to have gotten one.

Last edited:
Some of our junior club football teams get to use VEO to record their games. Surely the club would be using something similar to be able to review games where other footage isn't being used. It wouldn't be hard to post that live it slightly delayed would it. And give supporters and the players some coverage to look at

Status
Not open for further replies.