• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2024: Will we make the top eight?

Will we make the top 8?

• Yes, we will go on a run starting from the Tigers game

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Yes, we wiill scrape in mathematically & with a miracle

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No, we will just miss out and come 9th or 10th

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • No, we will fall apart and lose most of our remaining games

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
NZWarriors.com
Love that guy, but that loss hurt more than the Titans massacre, I'm still in the early stages of grief.

Manly and Eels could go either way, if we drop one of them it could come down to the Sharks game. Hynes might still be injured though.

Nek minute, Tigers put 66 on us but we win every other game and storm into the finals to take out the big one. Who fukn knows, we're not fortune tellers.
I'm with you. Haven't felt so numb after a game since the 2019 one against the Eels where they trialled the reverse strip rule. The only time we ever saw Kearney turn green at the press conference in torn purple pants.

I have Manly a win clear of us. Newcastle to pip us by a point was my ladder predictor result.
95% certain my picks will be wildly inaccurate if my previous form as a tipster is anything to go by. Could be way too generous as to how the Sharks will fare without Hynes & also how Reynolds' form will be once he returns for Brisbane View attachment 8203

I hope we do get 5 wins, that will get us above water by a win and a draw, with the crazy upsets going around that should be enough IMO, would be funny if we play the final game against the Sharks for the No.8 spot, full circle 🤣 Hynes vs CHT golden point 🤣

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I hate that we are having this conversation and having to do maths. Maths is not fun unless it's adding or multiplying your money. Subtracting money is not fun maths. Negative money is very not fun maths but still a reality. See maths is only fun under certain conditions and doing maths to work out if we make they 8 is not my type of fun maths

Heart says yes, head says no.
We need to show up and take whoever is named and apply team and individual bests every game. Its attitude and injury management so what if we get all our blokes fit for the rest of the season. Ain't going to happen but take who we have and do a all in like against Penrith. Yes I'm salty about losing this weekend vs the dogs but proud that we actually tried all night. Very proud. I'd like to finish the season very proud of our team 8 or not.

Massive sign of the club's attitude will be how they perform from here.
I suspect making the 8 is to a certain extent out of our control ie we can win our games, can't make sure the Sea Eagles/Wheover don't win theirs.
We have got to play the rest of this season like we can, not "Nah! Screw it! Let's just fart around 'til season's end! Get it together for '25, BRAH!" attitude.

I've tried to take an analytical approach to this.

I'm pleased to say that I have us losing two more games and we would be 9th on points diff only - so bigger wins will change that and of course more wins.

6 wins and we are definitely in, 5 wins with good margins and we are almost certainly in.

I consider the Warriors to be one of 9 teams vying for 5 spots.

- Bulldogs
- Cowboys
- Dragons
- Sharks
- Manly
- Newcastle
- Warriors
- Broncos
- Dolphins

In my analysis I am saying Raiders, Rabbitohs, Titans and below are not in contention.

Analysis

Games remaining against Top 3 (Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters)

3 - Dolphins
2 - Dragons
1 - Cowboys, Manly, Knights, Broncos
0 - Warriors, Sharks, Bulldogs

Games remaining against Bottom 2 (Eels, Tigers).

2 - Warriors
1 - Cowboys, Dragons, Sharks, Manly, Knights, Broncos
0 - Bulldogs, Dolphins

Games remaining against eachother.

7 - Bulldogs
5 - Sharks, Broncos
4 - Cowboys, Manly, Warriors, Knights, Dolphins
3 - Dragons

What does it all mean?

Warriors benefit by playing no games against the top 3 and the most games against bottom 2

The Dolphins have the toughest run home - they play the most top 3 teams and no bottom 2 teams - They will miss the 8

The Dragons also have a tough run home - two top 3 teams and the least number of games against the group meaning their results will have less effect

Ironically, the Bulldogs can be our saviour - we should hope to beat them while having them win all other games. That would be a perfect outcome for us. All 7 of their remaining games are against the group.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Won't make the 8. Wouldn't surprise me if they drop the Raiders game to all but lock it in.

Consistency hasn't been there all season, effort has been lacking for large parts too. Have lost some close ones but overall where we sit on the ladder is probably a good reflection of how the side has performed.

Won't make the 8. Wouldn't surprise me if they drop the Raiders game to all but lock it in.

Consistency hasn't been there all season, effort has been lacking for large parts too. Have lost some close ones but overall where we sit on the ladder is probably a good reflection of how the side has performed.

Yep, and the Raiders are expecting Jamal Fogarty back after the bye so no doubt he will be rearing to go.

No doubt all teams vying for a spot are going to give it their best shot. Quite frankly, we cant keep a side together with guys succumbing to some form of injury. We need some luck on the injury front and for the team to find a formula that works and run with it.

You never say never as there is still time, but sadly this year, I feel that the team just has not been able to find the consistency due to various factors, and there is no way that all of a sudden everything clicks with 7 odd rounds to go. Is the Bulldogs game enough to change the fortunes and spark something? Well, we had a bye round straight after so i'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I wouldn't say it's "destiny out of our own hands" as if we win 5-6 out of 7 we still go through, out of own hands technically means you win ALL your games AND still need others to lose

But yes it will be tough to win that many game against teams that are as desperate as us

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I think people will be surprised where we get to if we can win a few on the bounce.

We simply must win the next 3 of Raiders, Tigers & Eels. Of that there is no question.

We are guaranteed to be 7th, 8th or 9th if we win all 3.

The flipside is any week we lose we are guaranteed to drop down the ladder.

Strap in.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back