• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2024: Will we make the top eight?

Will we make the top 8?

• Yes, we will go on a run starting from the Tigers game

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Yes, we wiill scrape in mathematically & with a miracle

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No, we will just miss out and come 9th or 10th

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • No, we will fall apart and lose most of our remaining games

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
Our redzone attack was robotic earlier in the season with a strong field/possession stats, our kick defusal have been miserable right throughout, worse lately with teams targeting Pompey every game since the Storm game and CNK dropping it playing busted.

NZWarriors.com
Its probably worth breaking the remaining games into 2 groups.

Next 3 games following the bye are the easier games on paper and are all must wins.

Bye
Raiders Away
Tigers Home
Eels Home

If we don't win 3/3 of these we very likely aren't going to get to that 6/7 winning mark that most are quoting.

Then the last 4 is where we will have the biggest tests and may need the luxury of being able to drop one game.

Dolphins Away
Manly Away
Bulldogs Home
Sharks Away
Bye

We could easily win all the remaining games and also probably lose all of the games.

It all starts with raiders away, a good performance there, refreshed after the bye will be massive for confidence leading into the two sold out home games.

We dont have the ability to unleash our backline. We only goto the backline when we are in the opposition 20. Top teams are able to score from anywhere. We arent there yet. No top 8 for us this year. Our forwards are doing a decent job, we just dont have the players capable of making our backline a threat.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I think we just played one of the two toughest games we had left in the season. Sea Eagles the other one which I suspect we’ll lose - always seem to struggle a bit against top class halves like DCE. However if we can play with the attitude of the Doggies game then I’m not writing us off yet. I think we can get there.

Last time I saw one of these threads I think it was that season where you only needed 10 wins to make the top 8 and we imploded after Reece had an off day with the boot and missed those goals against the Broncos.

I do feel different about the remainder of this season though. After the extreme low of the loss to the Titans I'm impressed at how resilient they have been since, and it was remarkable how long they held on for with 40 minutes of unprecedented reshuffles.

The remaining draw is not one to fear with no away games against the likes of the Storm, Roosters and Panthers so 5 wins out of 7 is by no means out of the question.

This guy will be a huge factor:

Last edited:
Yes.

Outside backs injuries mean Taine and a combo from Ali/MGT and Berry may come in v Raiders.
Barnett might not play because the game is 2 days after Origin.
Might get another youngster off the bench hopefully to join Halasima.

Last time I saw one of these threads I think it was that season where you only needed 10 wins to make the top 8 and we imploded after Reece had an off day with the boot and missed those goals against the Broncos.

I do feel different about the remainder of this season though. After the extreme low of the loss to the Titans I'm impressed at how resilient they have been since, and it was remarkable how long they held on for with 40 minutes of unprecedented reshuffles.

The remaining draw is not one to fear with no away games against the likes of the Storm, Roosters and Panthers so 5 wins out of 7 is by no means out of the question.

This guy will be a huge factor:

Love that guy, but that loss hurt more than the Titans massacre, I'm still in the early stages of grief.

Manly and Eels could go either way, if we drop one of them it could come down to the Sharks game. Hynes might still be injured though.

Nek minute, Tigers put 66 on us but we win every other game and storm into the finals to take out the big one. Who fukn knows, we're not fortune tellers.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Would have been nice to have consecutive seasons in the 8 for a change and strangely feel we have been playing much better than other years we have finished in a similar position to where we sit now.
It’s also strange how after years of begging for more go forward in the forwards we now have the opposite problem with little X factor n our backs. Need genuine speed.
The window is still slightly ajar and just making the 8 this year will be an achievement

Would have been nice to have consecutive seasons in the 8 for a change and strangely feel we have been playing much better than other years we have finished in a similar position to where we sit now.
It’s also strange how after years of begging for more go forward in the forwards we now have the opposite problem with little X factor n our backs. Need genuine speed.
The window is still slightly ajar and just making the 8 this year will be an achievement

Lesson learning season. Can't take a week off or you get slapped. Dragons, Roosters, Titans were probably the three games where we simply didn't turn up at all. Every other game we fought hard even when we lost or were outclassed. Those three games equal -98 on F/A.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I'm a terrible tipster but I've got us winning 5 out of our last 7 & finishing 1 point outside the 8 😥
I have Manly a win clear of us. Newcastle to pip us by a point was my ladder predictor result.
95% certain my picks will be wildly inaccurate if my previous form as a tipster is anything to go by. Could be way too generous as to how the Sharks will fare without Hynes & also how Reynolds' form will be once he returns for Brisbane 1000003786.jpg

Reactions: CWC
I have Manly a win clear of us. Newcastle to pip us by a point was my ladder predictor result.
95% certain my picks will be wildly inaccurate if my previous form as a tipster is anything to go by. Could be way too generous as to how the Sharks will fare without Hynes & also how Reynolds' form will be once he returns for Brisbane View attachment 8203
Penrith to beat Storm in GF then. Why even bother following this shit, it's all so tiresome.

Unless... Bulldogs make it all the way to the GF under the sphere of influence of well known underworld figure Gus "The Hyperbolic" Gould... wouldnt like to be Ivan when that happens, I wish him well.

Last edited:
95% certain my picks will be wildly inaccurate if my previous form as a tipster is anything to go by. Could be way too generous as to how the Sharks will fare without Hynes & also how Reynolds' form will be once he returns for Brisbane View attachment 8203
I had us 5 from 7 and finishing 8th by 1 point 😆. The best thing for us is for the Titans and Rabbitohs to continue their run of form and trip those other teams up while we go on a run ourselves.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
That’s why I laugh at comments we have easy games coming up.
There are no easy games.
We have Dolphins at Suncorp on 11 Aug - I went to this game last year we got smashed.
Was our b or c team though wasn't it?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back