Social ðŸ¦¹ Crime.

Pretty surprised these lads are out so quickly.
I would say they must’ve paid off a serious amount of people or someone in power.

This Polkinghorne trial on at the moment for the P smoking / hooker shagging eye surgeon whose wife died mysteriously.... is the most salacious trial for quite some time.
I'm surprised some of those recordings of private family convos aren't suppressed and in the public domain.

This Polkinghorne trial on at the moment for the P smoking / hooker shagging eye surgeon whose wife died mysteriously.... is the most salacious trial for quite some time.
I got called up for Jury Service. Starting 29 July and got told there would be a case lasting four-five weeks.
No bloody way our business would survive me not being there for five weeks so wrote in said Nup.
Then read/Googled information that said the vast majority of people called up for Jury Service just "forget" to turn up. And very few of those actually get fined as doing that to all those who "forgot" they had jury service would A Take a Shitload of Time and B Cost a Shitload of Money.
Then I read that permanently disabled folk can be permanently excused. BADA-BING, BADA-BOOM! So I applied and got excused but got told I might get called up again, so might have to get a medical certificate again.
Done Jury Service once. Sexual abuse case where a former husband of a woman was accused of abusing the woman's sister's daughter. Turned out the daughter had been told several times that all male touching was bad, so, logically, went to -whoever, forget exactly- said "So-and-so touched me" etc which ended up in court for a week, where one of the accusers admitted to lying about one small thing (which ruins the whole thing, frankly) and in the first lunch break one of the jurors didn't come back so we did the week long trial with 11 and we all had decided - although, officially, you're not allowed to discuss the case until you've heard all the evidence. YUP. NUP. - by the end of Day 1 that it was probably a Not Guilty situation...
As to Polkinghorne, I think he dunnit. The urine on the woman's body is interesting in that - sorry for being kinda gross here - that was an argument in the Bain case. Robin Bain had voided his bladder on his death and the amount of "voidance" was, one expert said, the amount you would expect to accumulate over a night's sleep and having not gone to the toilet so that implied A) He didn't kill his screwed up family or B) He did kill his screwed up family and had the most stunning sphintor control until he felt guilty enough to kill himself/was killed by David....

I got called up for Jury Service. Starting 29 July and got told there would be a case lasting four-five weeks.
No bloody way our business would survive me not being there for five weeks so wrote in said Nup.
Then read/Googled information that said the vast majority of people called up for Jury Service just "forget" to turn up. And very few of those actually get fined as doing that to all those who "forgot" they had jury service would A Take a Shitload of Time and B Cost a Shitload of Money.
Then I read that permanently disabled folk can be permanently excused. BADA-BING, BADA-BOOM! So I applied and got excused but got told I might get called up again, so might have to get a medical certificate again.
Done Jury Service once. Sexual abuse case where a former husband of a woman was accused of abusing the woman's sister's daughter. Turned out the daughter had been told several times that all male touching was bad, so, logically, went to -whoever, forget exactly- said "So-and-so touched me" etc which ended up in court for a week, where one of the accusers admitted to lying about one small thing (which ruins the whole thing, frankly) and in the first lunch break one of the jurors didn't come back so we did the week long trial with 11 and we all had decided - although, officially, you're not allowed to discuss the case until you've heard all the evidence. YUP. NUP. - by the end of Day 1 that it was probably a Not Guilty situation...
As to Polkinghorne, I think he dunnit. The urine on the woman's body is interesting in that - sorry for being kinda gross here - that was an argument in the Bain case. Robin Bain had voided his bladder on his death and the amount of "voidance" was, one expert said, the amount you would expect to accumulate over a night's sleep and having not gone to the toilet so that implied A) He didn't kill his screwed up family or B) He did kill his screwed up family and had the most stunning sphintor control until he felt guilty enough to kill himself/was killed by David....
I've just received a letter for jury service for the 5th time in 10 years - random picks off the electoral role yeah right. Anyway I've always attended, even though I'm on permanent disability. I find it interesting, This time it clashes with my mother getting cateract surgery & my own hospital check up. Buggered if I'm puting the hospital stuff off so wrote a nice letter & informed them of all the ways their timing is inconvenient . Just waiting for the reply & if the Justice Dept doesn't see it my way I'll be one of those jurors who just doesn't turn up. .

Back