• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics ðŸ¤¡ Donald Trump

Ummm, 'Aunty Cindy' perhaps
Misogyny - dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

I don’t have a problem with women leaders, just autoritarian ones. Aunty Cindy is a reference to a terrible far left wing leader who just happens to be a woman.

It would be like saying I hate male leaders because Justin Trudeau is a goose. Come on guys, this is not complicated thinking.

This is how the far left gets us thinking….

Misogyny - dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

I don’t have a problem with women leaders, just autoritarian ones. Aunty Cindy is a reference to a terrible far left wing leader who just happens to be a woman.

It would be like saying I hate male leaders because Justin Trudeau is a goose. Come on guys, this is not complicated thinking.

This is how the far left gets us thinking….
Far left. Jesus christ, this is how skewed the thinking is these days. Labour are neoliberal. They are pro capitalism. Like National, but with a kinder heart. If the frame of reference is centre right (Labour) vs right/hard right (National Act), and Labour is called hard left....there's no hope.

Aunty Cindy is a derogatory demeaning term, which is how you intended it. If you don't, then try using the former pm's actual name.

Are you aware of how much exponentially more abuse and vile threats the women in our parliament get? And that's from all parties as well.

Far left. Jesus christ, this is how skewed the thinking is these days. Labour are neoliberal. They are pro capitalism. Like National, but with a kinder heart. If the frame of reference is centre right (Labour) vs right/hard right (National Act), and Labour is called hard left....there's no hope.

Aunty Cindy is a derogatory demeaning term, which is how you intended it. If you don't, then try using the former pm's actual name.

Are you aware of how much exponentially more abuse and vile threats the women in our parliament get? And that's from all parties as well.
I won’t go on much about this because this is about Trump issues. I don’t hate the lady, but I hate what NZ became like under their government.

If she didn’t divide the country she would have got less vile comments and attacks. You are right, she was absolutely hated, but I don’t think that was because she was a woman. She should have been kinder.
While you seem to want to characterise her as a victim, her actions made lots of victims.

Issues that are foundational to any free society that lead a government toward being far left - the attempted attack on freedom of speech, and other freedoms and the relationship between free media and the government. There’s a start. Most countries at least had a left leaning and one or two right voice media outlets. Our counter balance was squashed.

Just my views bro…

I won’t go on much about this because this is about Trump issues. I don’t hate the lady, but I hate what NZ became like under their government.

If she didn’t divide the country she would have got less vile comments and attacks. You are right, she was absolutely hated, but I don’t think that was because she was a woman. She should have been kinder.
While you seem to want to characterise her as a victim, her actions made lots of victims.

Issues that are foundational to any free society that lead a government toward being far left - the attempted attack on freedom of speech, and other freedoms and the relationship between free media and the government. There’s a start. Most countries at least had a left leaning and one or two right voice media outlets. Our counter balance was squashed.

Just my views bro…
"Free" media. Based on your language you clearly come from the alt. right world.

Nowhere did I say that Jacinda Ardern was absolutely hated. Your projection.

‘Murica kind of deserve trump, imagine running Biden again. What’s worse for the world? The bullet connecting or not. I don’t know. Imagine he’s mostly interested in pardoning himself in perpetuity, not competent or interested enough to enact the handmaids tale for real. Imagine how many abortions he’s paid for over the years.

Concern about how soft he is on Putin, but the US shouldn’t be the world police, just don’t know.

‘Murica kind of deserve trump, imagine running Biden again. What’s worse for the world? The bullet connecting or not. I don’t know. Imagine he’s mostly interested in pardoning himself in perpetuity, not competent or interested enough to enact the handmaids tale for real. Imagine how many abortions he’s paid for over the years.

Concern about how soft he is on Putin, but the US shouldn’t be the world police, just don’t know.
There's a truism, no man is an island. Neither is a country an island in that to fight for genuine rights they have to band together to fight injustice for peoples and individuals. WW2 is an example.
Trump is all about personal wealth, always has been. He might say otherwise but his bottom line is about his own personal gain. He's fooling a lot of people with his rhetoric but his whole life shows what he is about.
Its no coincidence that Jared Kushner has sealed a multi-billion dollar deal with Saudi Arabia recently or a multitude of other manouevres (and policies) that he has implemented over his time is all about his own persnal wealth.
Yet time and time again he cons people into thinking otherwise.
He says the economy grew under his leadership but in fact it didn't. He inherited an upswing from Obama & then it went south. Same old, same old, its his life story
All the bankruptcies, his other failures are swept under the carpet. He's not a genius, he's a failed businessman (all on the public record) but somehow he convinces them all he's the messiah.
God (lol) save America.

"Free" media. Based on your language you clearly come from the alt. right world.

Nowhere did I say that Jacinda Ardern was absolutely hated. Your projection.
I didn’t vote for Ardern but was quite open and excited when she came in.

By the time she left I hated her more than any politician in our history. Not as in wishing her harm but hated her idiology.

Nothing to do with being a woman. I disliked Robertson just as much. I hated the effect on me personally, my community and our country from their idealistic, failing and plain daft policies.

I especially hated the divisiveness. Farmers vs city; racial division; renters vs landlords; rich vs poor; COVID; etc, etc. Divide and split us.

Last edited:
I didn’t vote for Ardern but was quite open and excited when she came in.

By the time she left I hated her more than any politician in our history. Not as in wishing her harm but hated her idiology.

Nothing to do with being a woman. I disliked Robertson just as much. I hated the effect on me personally, my community and our country from their idealistic, failing and plain daft policies.

I especially hated the divisiveness. Farmers vs city; racial division; renters vs landlords; rich vs poor; COVID; etc, etc. Divide and split us.
Fascinating thing politics and our perceptions because I feel exactly the way you articulated about our current government

Fascinating thing politics and our perceptions because I feel exactly the way you articulated about our current government
You were looking forward to them at the start and as you saw the country going backwards as their policies took effect you slowly became disillusioned?

And then as their policies were blowing up in their face they talked weasel words and blamed everything and anything for why it was going wrong.

Has National had enough time for this to happen yet? 🤣

I didn't mind jacinda she kept us relevant and won recognition and business on the global stage in a similar way that John Key did. Her politics was there to see so she wasn't hiding anything and I think they both cared about nz. The biggest problem was she didn't have bill English to run the place, he is the real hero of the last few governments.

You were looking forward to them at the start and as you saw the country going backwards as their policies took effect you slowly became disillusioned?

And then as their policies were blowing up in their face they talked weasel words and blamed everything and anything for why it was going wrong.

Has National had enough time for this to happen yet? 🤣
Sorry. I misread. I wasn’t looking forward to them at the start either

I didn't mind jacinda she kept us relevant and won recognition and business on the global stage in a similar way that John Key did. Her politics was there to see so she wasn't hiding anything and I think they both cared about nz. The biggest problem was she didn't have bill English to run the place, he is the real hero of the last few governments.
I think Ardern was a strong leader but on policy and big picture thinking, she was just a front person for the likes of Robertson.

Arden with someone like English, as a strong left leaning but economically centralist govt could have got 9 years.

Whereas Luxon is a weak leader, full of corporate speak and unable to think on his feet.

Do you see anyone strong behind him?
The problem for the right is there are multiple strong personalities with more experience than Luxon (Peters and Seymour). This forces a lot more compromise and swallowing dead rats than Ardern had to worry about.

I actually think he’s the opposite of Ardern. Strong idea of where he wants to head but hugely inexperienced. He freezes up and says nothing (or throw away lines) rather than say the wrong thing, which comes across wishy washy.

Back