• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics đź¤ˇ Donald Trump

Who said today was better Frank?
If you'd personally prefer a timeframe where being lynched because of your race or being incarcerated because of your sexual orientation occurred, then who am I to judge?
I havent stated any preference. Im just highlighting the foolishness of moralizing over absurdities.

The govt MAGA movement was never about slavery or gay rights as much as the evangelicals or the left would like it to be. Its almost entirely economic and social policy. The followers themselves rate top 3 concerns as
Economy
Borders
Taxes

Those facists!

I havent stated any preference. Im just highlighting the foolishness of moralizing over absurdities.

The govt MAGA movement was never about slavery or gay rights as much as the evangelicals or the left would like it to be. Its almost entirely economic and social policy. The followers themselves rate top 3 concerns as
Economy
Borders
Taxes

Those facists!

The man generally credited with freeing the slaves, Abraham Lincoln, was a Republican Since that time the KKK was dominated by Democrats supposedly.

The man generally credited with freeing the slaves, Abraham Lincoln, was a Republican Since that time the KKK was dominated by Democrats supposedly.
100%.

I doubt many here are paying real close attention to Aus politics, but Labor and the LNP are dangerously close to under going ideological switch like Republican and Dems did. Peter Dutton is pushing for govt owned nuclear power, while Labor has long since abandoned the working class for global business and military interests.

Exactly right. The idea of Labor and Democratic parties supporting the Working classes finished with Blair and Clinton

Tell me you haven’t studied WWI or WWII without telling you haven’t studied it. Hitlers speeches are translated to English now via AI.

It most definitely was NOT a dog whistle.
Course it wasn't a dog whistle, he outright blamed them for globalism. These days you can't name groups of people so directly.

You are right, the right are big into free speech except for incitement to violence.
The argument here would be, have your books but for sexual content let’s make it age appropriate.
Hope they don't end up banning books that don't align to creationist belief and Biblical truth, that's the other end of the polemic if they succeed in ending separation of church and state

Back