• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
The covid response was the right one.

The COVID response which meant the net wealth of the 1%’s in NZ grow over 30% was the right one? Isn’t that at odds with all the other posts you’ve made?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Newsflash: Roading lobby gets bang for their buck, sets back all of nz's other infrastructure decades in one go

Every day is another gut punch by the neoliberal elite cartels, how do you not get severely depressed watching Atlas slowly and inexorably boil us like a frog in a pot? Do you have any hope left?

Health Mike. But you're right obscene wealth grabbing is awful.
Oh, the health response. Is that all the health response like the last lockdown going too long? Or the lying about COVID in the community when there wasn’t enough beds in MIQ? Or being told we were first in line to order the vaccine and would be the first to receive it but instead other countries ended up giving us their left over supplies? Or lies about PPE for medical staff? Or lies about people going through the COVID boundary North of Auckland? Or lies about two ladies not stopping before reaching Wellington but instead met someone on the southern Motorway before even leaving the city limits? Or claiming a KFC worker had put the community at risk when she was in fact obeying all the rules? Or the government telling us they’d ordered enough RAT’s tests and then confiscated privately ordered tests at the border when it was discovered they’d only ordered half the number of what was required? Or only the part of the health response you like?

Oh, the health response. Is that all the health response like the last lockdown going too long? Or the lying about COVID in the community when there wasn’t enough beds in MIQ? Or being told we were first in line to order the vaccine and would be the first to receive it but instead other countries ended up giving us their left over supplies? Or lies about PPE for medical staff? Or lies about people going through the COVID boundary North of Auckland? Or lies about two ladies not stopping before reaching Wellington but instead met someone on the southern Motorway before even leaving the city limits? Or claiming a KFC worker who was obeying all the rules? Or the government telling us they’d ordered enough RAT’s tests and then confiscated privately ordered tests at the border when it was discovered they’d only ordered half the number of what was required? Or only the part of the health response you like?
Bloody 'ell Mike I'd forgotten most of this, this enquiry could uncover an orchestrated litany of lies. That'll be in phase 2 of the enquiry I'm betting.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Oh, the health response. Is that all the health response like the last lockdown going too long? Or the lying about COVID in the community when there wasn’t enough beds in MIQ? Or being told we were first in line to order the vaccine and would be the first to receive it but instead other countries ended up giving us their left over supplies? Or lies about PPE for medical staff? Or lies about people going through the COVID boundary North of Auckland? Or lies about two ladies not stopping before reaching Wellington but instead met someone on the southern Motorway before even leaving the city limits? Or claiming a KFC worker had put the community at risk when she was in fact obeying all the rules? Or the government telling us they’d ordered enough RAT’s tests and then confiscated privately ordered tests at the border when it was discovered they’d only ordered half the number of what was required? Or only the part of the health response you like?
Which one of Bridges, Muller or Collins would you rather have had in charge? Sure plenty could have been better but it’s a blight on both parties our healthcare system is only just better than some third world countries, in icu units anyway

Which one of Bridges, Muller or Collins would you rather have had in charge? Sure plenty could have been better but it’s a blight on both parties our healthcare system is only just better than some third world countries, in icu units anyway
Personally, I’ve never met Muller but, from what I’ve observed through the media, don’t think he would have had the mental toughness to see it through. The other two, I have met and this opinion is based on my observations of them.

Collins would have been far too tough and would have done “A Boris” and be willing to sacrifice far too many people. Of the three of them, while I don’t know if he would have done a better job than JA and Chippy, Bridges would be the one with the best mixture of empathy, intelligence and toughness to hopefully have seen it through.

Personally, I’ve never met Muller but, from what I’ve observed through the media, don’t think he would have had the mental toughness to see it through. The other two, I have met and this opinion is based on my observations of them.

Collins would have been far too tough and would have done “A Boris” and be willing to sacrifice far too many people. Of the three of them, while I don’t know if he would have done a better job than JA and Chippy, Bridges would be the one with the best mixture of empathy, intelligence and toughness to hopefully have seen it through.
Thankfully we had a united government and I think the infighting that the national party was going through at that time that saw consecutive leadership changes would have been a disaster for the country

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Thankfully we had a united government and I think the infighting that the national party was going through at that time that saw consecutive leadership changes would have been a disaster for the country
For all the other faults JA had, she was a brilliant communicator who always kept on point…. not everyone will agree with me, but I think she was the right person to be PM at the time…. Doesn’t mean I think she did everything right but I can’t think off anyone who would have done the role better.

Newsflash: Roading lobby gets bang for their buck, sets back all of nz's other infrastructure decades in one go

Whatever the cost this road is essential for the survival of Northland.
It is decades over due.
Northland has been neglected by all govts since Muldoon and Think Big.
Kaitaia and Kaikohe are shitholes. White flight saw most businesses and investment vanish, leaving a largely Maori population without work. Crime and gangs have flourished and generation upon generation of Ngapuhi are thrown on the social scrap heap.
Isolation, through not maintaining highways and connectivety has been a big part of this. Nobody invests n these places, it is so expensive to get anything there.
There are rail tracks though but ideology hasn't done much for these folk.
You should take a look sometime.

For all the other faults JA had, she was a brilliant communicator who always kept on point…. not everyone will agree with me, but I think she was the right person to be PM at the time…. Doesn’t mean I think she did everything right but I can’t think off anyone who would have done the role better.
I think whoever was in charge would end up wearing the negativity of having to make huge life changing judgement calls under short notice with unclear data and info.

Covid was a hospital pass for any govt. anywhere in the world where you are never going to get it all right. Ardern would have been interesting as a leader outside covid, but that has defined her for better or worse.

Ironically I think Ardern’s strength in communication became a negative. Too much marketing speak and professionalism which came across as very controlling of what was said and lacking real empathy. Personal opinion someone less professional and polished would have ultimately come across as more down to earth in the end and less of a focal point of blame when things went wrong.

On the inquiry, as someone that had a family member pass away while we couldn’t get to the hospital due to lockdowns, I don’t support using it as a political football and believe we should move on and it should all be consigned to history. Every pandemic will be different and I don’t think there’s much to learn that will be relevant to the next one. Some policy analysts should evaluate and plan but it doesn’t need to be a public exercise.

We had huge documents of pandemic planning at my wife’s kindy as part of health and safety and once the pandemic came it was all irrelevant, scrapped and we just followed the govt, who followed the medical experts.

It is decades over due.
Kaitaia and Kaikohe are shitholes. White flight saw most businesses and investment vanish, leaving a largely Maori population without work. Crime and gangs have flourished and generation upon generation of Ngapuhi are thrown on the social scrap heap.
Isolation, through not maintaining highways and connectivety has been a big part of this. Nobody invests n these places, it is so expensive to get anything there.
Yep successive governments of neglect. A super highway isn't the answer to whatever questions you're asking.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
We can't afford these tax cuts for the rich. The health system in crisis - there isn't billions to be slashed.
We can’t afford to throttle the growth and success of our economy. There’s 100’s of billions to be make to pay for our needs.

Smart countries grow the pie; third world, inward looking, downward spiralling countries squabble over shares of the pie…

JFC. MaybeTop8 MaybeTop8 this is the true non-partisan issue in NZ. The way the roading mafia have controlled the national discourse. And whats worse in NZ is it isnt even heavy industry like oil and gas or car manufacturers, its the fucking clowns pouring asphalt. How did we let those guys have any power?

It is decades over due.
Sounds like they need education more than a massive highway

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back