Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

Sorry. I just saw a post you liked about an 80% drop in ram raids and it implied it was because of government and wondered why a 70% increase in sexual assault wasn’t due to government as well? Easy to cherry pick to back your point but the overall picture doesn’t always tell the whole story
nah,
i like a bunch of crap here.
that in particular for getting the conversation started again.

it’s been pretty stagnant lately.

if my life depended on it, and i squinted and tried my hardest, i could possibly see an arguement where banning phones in schools and increased police presence are possible reasons ram raids might be on the downward slide.

i cannot though see any reason to do with current government why sexual assaults are on the up, other than what i said earlier.

nah,
i like a bunch of crap here.
that in particular for getting the conversation started again.

it’s been pretty stagnant lately.

if my life depended on it, and i squinted and tried my hardest, i could possibly see an arguement where banning phones in schools and increased police presence are possible reasons ram raids might be on the downward slide.

i cannot though see any reason to do with current government why sexual assaults are on the up, other than what i said earlier.
I saw you cry out earlier that you wanted to find out more about neoliberalism Marv - this is a good start -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz3mZeKRCEI&t=1373s

Sorry. I just saw a post you liked about an 80% drop in ram raids and it implied it was because of government and wondered why a 70% increase in sexual assault wasn’t due to government as well? Easy to cherry pick to back your point but the overall picture doesn’t always tell the whole story
All warriors home games have sold out since the new government has been in place as well

FB_IMG_1718262482142.jpg

I happy with this. You can't blame speed for all accidents.

The road toll hasn’t come down with all the speed reductions.

In fact it’s gone up because it’s more complicated than just speed.

Ie if you drive 10% slower your on the road 10% longer so have 10% greater chance of having a crash in the first place, even though it may be less severe.
The truth is probably somewhere in between.
Remember the old saying.
Statistics are like the drunk guy who used the lampost for support and not illumination

The road toll hasn’t come down with all the speed reductions.

In fact it’s gone up because it’s more complicated than just speed.

Ie if you drive 10% slower your on the road 10% longer so have 10% greater chance of having a crash in the first place, even though it may be less severe.
Someone's smoking the crack, lowest holiday road toll EVER

How many taxi drivers are involved in fatal crashes?
Are there any taxi drivers left?

Uber kills more of them that the road 🤣

In 2022 61 people died in truck crashes - higher weigh = more deaths, but I will argue time on the road is more of a factor than speed and reducing speed counterintuitively increasing the opportunity for accidents.

Last edited:
If you slow all cars by 10% and they need to spend 10% longer getting from A to B, then of course your going to have 10% more cars on the road at any one time.

Simple maths isn’t it?
Considering there has been a 20% increase in population between those two dates, is a 35% increase in road deaths expected? Or is that too many? I would expect the increase in road deaths to not be exactly linear with population growth.

It's not as simple as increase in road deaths = bad, so many factors to take into account. Not simple maths at all.

If you slow all cars by 10% and they need to spend 10% longer getting from A to B, then of course your going to have 10% more cars on the road at any one time.

Simple maths isn’t it?
Either that or you have the same number of cars for 10% longer, does that cause 10% more accidents? 10% more potential but they're going slower so 10% less potential. In summary, fucked if I know.

Last edited:
Back