• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social đź“» Official Music Thread

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
There was a good segment on Bill Maher yesterday talking about how Americans could learn something from the music industry at present with the amount of black artists collaborating with country artists and their respect for each other despite historically being polls apart
P Diddy could bring down the music industry, not to mention Hollywood and many politicians. He's the new Epstein.

#DiddyDidn'tKillHimself. Or did he?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
He's made a career out of his shtick posing as an oil rigger, never had a real job in his life. Pretty good Woody Guthrie impersonator though. Ghost of Tom Joad is my fave Bruce album. And Tunnel of Love.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MkFQHScyti0

They’ve all got their own personas. Your own Dylan has had many. Supposedly tweeter and the monkey man is about Springsteen from the travelling wilburys

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
A song about a worker like the Springsteen act
On the same theme, Dylan wrote Lay Lady Lay for a movie about male hustlers called Midnight Cowboy, but he didn't deliver it in time so they went with Harry Nilsson's version of Everybody's Talkin'. The movie was crap anyway. Bob was rumoured to have sold his ass on Times Square when he first hit NY, so he should know. That was before he started his comedy act as a hobo Woody Guthrie impersonator in the West Village.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
On the same theme, Dylan wrote Lay Lady Lay for a movie about male hustlers called Midnight Cowboy, but he didn't deliver it in time so they went with Harry Nilsson's version of Everybody's Talking. The movie was crap anyway.
Jon Voight. Strange chap. Dylan did knockin on heaven’s door for pat garret and the kid. Must be one of the most covered songs? Probably blowin in the wind too

Jon Voight. Strange chap. Dylan did knockin on heaven’s door for pat garret and the kid. Must be one of the most covered songs? Probably blowin in the wind too
Yeah the studio cut Peckinpah's movie to shreds without his consent before release, none of the songs ended up in the scenes they were intended for. I think Sam was an alcoholic wreck by then. The restored Director's Cut is better.

Yeah the studio cut Peckinpah's movie to shreds without his consent before release, none of the songs ended up in the scenes they were intended for. The restored Diirector's Cut is better. I think Sam was an alcoholic wreck by then.
You’d have to think they got it right with the Nilsson song everybody’s talkin and how that song has been associated with that film at the time. I could see lay lady lay being worthy though

You’d have to think they got it right with the Nilsson song everybody’s talkin and how that song has been associated with that film at the time. I could see lay lady lay being worthy though
The Nilsson one's better I reckon. Bob said he wrote Lady Lay for his neighbour, Babs Streisand.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back