• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social ðŸ“» Official Music Thread

I didn't realise it they were coming until someone asked at work if I was going. I looked into it and then saw the prices.

The setlist for this tour is a mix of Somewhere in Time and Senjutsu.

I really should have sorted out going as they have been a band I've listened to a lot in recent years. I never really got into them heavily when I was young.

Seeing Iron Maiden play Fear of the Dark live would be special. For those who don't really listen to Iron Maiden look up Fear of the Dark live clips on YouTube. The crowd singing along to it at different parts is amazing.

The other thing seeing them live I'd get a kick out of would be UFO's Doctor Doctor getting blasted out before they come on.

Have a great night.

Yeah, can't remember what I paid, but typical 'current day' gig prices hah (can't remember if they were same price as the cancelled 2020 gig either, probably not!)

Although I'd already seen them, I figured this is surely the last time they tour here, and the last show was awesome so guaranteed a fun night! Also looking forward to Killswitch Engage who are still opening for them (as they were slated to four years ago). For them I am mostly looking forward to This Fire Burns (aka CM Punks old WWE entrance) if that is something they actually play live 😂

I didn't get into them much when I was young either, though distinctly remember Run to the Hills in particular from the music video shows in the 80s & 90s which is why it's a bit of a nostalgic favourite (cliche being one of their most popular songs, but it's still a bop!). Plus in my on-and-off band we used to play that song live as well, so I just wanna see the man Steve Harris' fingers galloping along to it, as a finger picking bassist myself that is my jam 🤟

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
So they didn't play Run To The Hills again ( 'tear ) but they were still awesome as expected.

One of their guitarists is a maniac on stage, swinging his guitar around and pulling out all sorts of tricks and poses all night 😅

The fact all these dudes are nearly 70 and still going hard with energetic performances is quite inspiring hah!

Also Killswitch were great and played CM Punks theme woop woop 🙌

So they didn't play Run To The Hills again ( 'tear ) but they were still awesome as expected.

One of their guitarists is a maniac on stage, swinging his guitar around and pulling out all sorts of tricks and poses all night 😅

The fact all these dudes are nearly 70 and still going hard with energetic performances is quite inspiring hah!

Also Killswitch were great and played CM Punks theme woop woop 🙌
That’s crazy they didn’t play run to the hills a second time. Although probably their most commercial song, it’s a great one

Yeah, can't remember what I paid, but typical 'current day' gig prices hah (can't remember if they were same price as the cancelled 2020 gig either, probably not!)

Although I'd already seen them, I figured this is surely the last time they tour here, and the last show was awesome so guaranteed a fun night! Also looking forward to Killswitch Engage who are still opening for them (as they were slated to four years ago). For them I am mostly looking forward to This Fire Burns (aka CM Punks old WWE entrance) if that is something they actually play live 😂

I didn't get into them much when I was young either, though distinctly remember Run to the Hills in particular from the music video shows in the 80s & 90s which is why it's a bit of a nostalgic favourite (cliche being one of their most popular songs, but it's still a bop!). Plus in my on-and-off band we used to play that song live as well, so I just wanna see the man Steve Harris' fingers galloping along to it, as a finger picking bassist myself that is my jam 🤟
That high hat intro brings back memories of my teen years. I appreciates Harris' bass technique too. Cliff Burton was my guy before that.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
That’s crazy they didn’t play run to the hills a second time. Although probably their most commercial song, it’s a great one

I was having a look online, apparently they rotate it in and out of tours, if they had actually toured here in 2020 as scheduled it probably would've been played (setlist.fm shows their last shows in 2019 and first shows in 2022 had it, with 20/21 obviously the dark times of no shows).

Goddammit you bats/pangolins/scientists!!! 🖕

Another fun little live music tidbit from the weekend, got a haircut from barber close to the Akl office I worked out of on Monday, turns out the guy is in a band that will be opening for Ash in their tour here next month (alt rock band from Ireland that had a moment in the late 90s). I mostly know them for the Jackie Chan song that was used for the outtakes outro at the end of Rumble in the Bronx I saw at the movies in 96 😅, decided to head to their show in Welly - well done barber selling a couple of tickets effectively haha!

I was having a look online, apparently they rotate it in and out of tours, if they had actually toured here in 2020 as scheduled it probably would've been played (setlist.fm shows their last shows in 2019 and first shows in 2022 had it, with 20/21 obviously the dark times of no shows).

Goddammit you bats/pangolins/scientists!!! 🖕
One of the true great band mascots Eddie the head. Surely number of the beast was on the set list?

The thing with Iron Maiden is most of their songs are long so you still get a long concert but overall less songs depending on what they choose. So some songs end up squeezed out.

They have been doing album tours mixed in with history tours. So you either get people complaining they are mainly playing new stuff mixed in with some hits or you get a setlist from a tour from the past. I've got to the point I listen to all of their eras besides mainly the Blaze stuff.

This tour is supposed to be a mix of the current album and Somewhere in Time an album they haven't talked fondly of or played much from besides Wasted Years or Heavan Can Wait (think this has been out of the set for a while). They have been playing Alexander The Great which is one they have been asked about for years.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I saw Maiden at the Bandwagon Heavy Metal Soundhouse back in 1979. Then many times in 1980, Marquee, Music Machine then supporting Priest and finally headlining. A great band but I now refuse to pay through the nose for tickets.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back