• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social 💪 Savage September

NZWarriors.com
Nah not massive. Hovering around 90kg at 185cm/6ft1. 13% body fat on my last DEXA 3months ago. Been moving through endurance and hypertrophy for the last few years. Not a massive fan of strength work. That will change to hit 1000.

Current numbers

Bench 120kg
Squat 140kg
Dead 185kg *trap bar
You are there already, those are good numbers for a taller guy. If you manage to do a marathon as well and maintain those lifts , that is some achievement.

Nah not massive. Hovering around 90kg at 185cm/6ft1. 13% body fat on my last DEXA 3months ago. Been moving through endurance and hypertrophy for the last few years. Not a massive fan of strength work. That will change to hit 1000.

Current numbers

Bench 120kg
Squat 140kg
Dead 185kg *trap bar
Those are some good lifts. I've never had a scan done. The only time that would have been any use would have been about 20 years ago when I had my diet on point for an entire year. I still regret not taking pictures to see the difference. It would have been good motivation for my 30s when I went of the wagon with my diet.

I was at a 145kg squat and a 160kg deadlift (standard olympic bar) years ago. My bench press has always been pretty poor. I used to do dumbbell presses with the 35kg or 37.5kg dumbbells. I should have checked my bench press then.

The squat and deadlift numbers were at the same time. The dumbell presses were when I was a lot younger.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Another 500 swings down. I was potentially going to have to go out with the family so I tried to get it done quicker.

Yesterday I was massaging injuries in between which should have taken up a bit of time. Tried to shorten some of my rests today. Only saved 3 minutes. Too tired to sort out that conundrum. I'll put it down to motivation.

Had the 8 year old out in the garage with me. He seems to be obsessed with training his abs. Good having some company though.

Another 500 swings down. I was potentially going to have to go out with the family so I tried to get it done quicker.

Yesterday I was massaging injuries in between which should have taken up a bit of time. Tried to shorten some of my rests today. Only saved 3 minutes. Too tired to sort out that conundrum. I'll put it down to motivation.

Had the 8 year old out in the garage with me. He seems to be obsessed with training his abs. Good having some company though.
Men only want one thing

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@dadpackdotcom/video/7235742122178071854

Just finished a night session

Stretching after work. Hammies calves achilles lower back shoulders forearms.

Crunches

10, 15, 20,, 15, 10

Googled Pilates with no reformer thing

Went through learning some basic exercises and found them all challenging because of new movements, weaknesses in my structural build, breathing is harder than I thought. Those things tell me to keep going on it.

Look forward to hearing your progress tomorrow team. 👊👊👊

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
That Pilates is so effective bro. Even at my beginner level. Oh the possibilities 👊

Awesome effort this morning bruz
Yeah its wild, that workout makes me more able to do the other two.

Core was feeling it today. Had a very slight stitch like feeling on the left hand side for part of the run. Think im getting close to my ceiling. Will taper down the next two days.

Core was feeling it today. Had a very slight stitch like feeling on the left hand side for part of the run. Think im getting close to my ceiling. Will taper down the next two days.
I know aye. My core..... You know? Where my visible and chiseled abs will be soon. They are screaming today. Lower back and shoulder stretching for me tonight. Well stretching everything really

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Did my 200 press ups in stints of 60, 50, 40, 30, 20 with planking and other core exercises in between each.
Did one set of 20 burpees at the end with a star jump after each burpee.
Back on the Exercycle tomorrow for 40 minutes which is between 20 and 22km.
Have the odd 30 second burst to really get the lungs going.
Just the one 80 minute men’s game this weekend.
BTW I am 57.

Did my 200 press ups in stints of 60, 50, 40, 30, 20 with planking and other core exercises in between each.
Did one set of 20 burpees at the end with a star jump after each burpee.
Back on the Exercycle tomorrow for 40 minutes which is between 20 and 22km.
Have the odd 30 second burst to really get the lungs going.
Just the one 80 minute men’s game this weekend.
BTW I am 57.
BTW. You're my hero 👊👊👊

Gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold, know when to walk to work and know when to run.

Tapering and resting is as important. That Pilates honestly stretched me so I'm tapering too but just need to get good balance of what I CAN do in this moment.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Yup Day 5 and energy is low, but body is feeling better that I thought it would.

Thursday features a psycho (milf) Pilates instructor who makes you work, then into a heavy but cut down shoulder session.

Focus for today is eating. IMG_9812.jpeg

Having a much better food day today and its helping.
I have work drinks tonight. I’ll limit myself to one pint. Trying to cut down on sugars. Those cravings have come back. Was tempted to binge on ice cream last night but limited myself to two oranges, blue berries with plain Greek yoghurt. Dinner was rice, lamb chops, a couple of eggs and brussel sprouts. Clean.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back