• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social 💪 Savage September

NZWarriors.com
Motivation is a strange thing my guy. Mine is a mix of things, but a large part is arrogance at being better, doing things others wont. Another part is joy, privileged to be fit and healthy.

I hate running and I work out until I feel sick, but the results make me love the process.
I've found the best motivation to be intrinsic vs extrinsic but in truth that theory doesn't completely fit my headspace.

I actually jumped in because you started it. So extrinsic does have a place. My other motivations are being stronger than ever as I hit the half ton in a couple more seasons. I also want to be an active Dad with my growing boys. And I'll be honest about being a healthier stronger man for my wife. I want her to get max benefits as much as I will.

Night time stretch after a big day on the terls.

Stretching seems another time consuming thing I'd like to neglect but it's so necessary for my shortened tight lower back muscles to help release my ugly tight hammies.

Crunches

10, 15, 20, 15, 10 with 5 - 10 sec rests between sets.

Calf raises. No weights just doing them.

10, 12, 15, 12, 10. Those were hard haha.

That's it for today 👍

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Day 3. Tues, Weds, Thur are my key days. Reformer Pilates into a heavy weights session.

Employee called in sick with 2hrs notice, so had to cut todays leg session down and heading in for a lovely 10hr day covering two jobs.

View attachment 9203
Do it legend. Your legs will still be there tonight. I'm on the terls again. Sloping 50° bank to brush cut. Getting into this and enjoying it

Do it legend. Your legs will still be there tonight. I'm on the terls again. Sloping 50° bank to brush cut. Getting into this and enjoying it
Luckily its heavy legs and Pilates was legs too. Loaded up on barbell then hack squat. That should be enough to stimulate some growth while being zero impact after 2 days of running.

Hip flexors are a bit unhappy though. I think they are fatigued more than stressed.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Luckily its heavy legs and Pilates was legs too. Loaded up on barbell then hack squat. That should be enough to stimulate some growth while being zero impact after 2 days of running.

Hip flexors are a bit unhappy though. I think they are fatigued more than stressed.
Awesome bro. Lot of nerves and wiring through the hips and groin area. Fatigue and stress. Whoa get the recovery right aye

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Set myself another challenge at the start of the year to do 75 Pilates classes 😅. That’s how important I consider it to be in terms of my overall physical health, which has taken a drastic improvement.

Hope to join the 1000lb club and marathon runner in the next 12 months.
View attachment 9204
What is the 1000lb club? Surely not the three powerlifts at that combined and a marathon?

Yup sure is. Not on the same day for the marathon though :ROFLMAO: . that's an unrelated challenge
Wow. Those are impressive numbers. I'm assuming you are not a big guy, and you have mentioned you are 41.
I used to sometimes do a few bench presses with an Olympic decathlete. He coached himself, what an athlete he was and still would be. At the age of 44, he decided to enter the world championship in his age group. Trained himself for a few months and won it. I think he beat guys like Daley Thompson. He didn;t do squats or deadlifts but if he did, he would be around that 1000lb.
His workouts in the gym were almost solely stretching, flexing, walking upside down and leaping like a frog from a crouch.
In the park, various trackwork and lots of stretching again and a sort of dance like routine. I've never seen anyone be able to do what he could.

Nah not massive. Hovering around 90kg at 185cm/6ft1. 13% body fat on my last DEXA 3months ago. Been moving through endurance and hypertrophy for the last few years. Not a massive fan of strength work. That will change to hit 1000.

Current numbers

Bench 120kg
Squat 140kg
Dead 185kg *trap bar

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back