General Your 2025 team

NZWarriors.com
My Couch Coach thoughts.
Pompey slow accelerating has been targeted lately. Will need to hit a speed Coach if he wants to play next year or transition into the second row. (Same with Kosi, second row/prop)
RTS FG centre experiment is over. Will need to play Left wing or spend the rest of the year in NSW cup at right centre to learn.
SJ, unfortunately is done. Back to NSW cup and will need to torture reserve grade to get a FG crack again this year.
Barnett back to the middle, lateral speed with Pompey absolute nightmare defensively. Capewell can hide some that with Pompey.
Lastly our Captain, Tohu Harris.
His time is done. His body just cant keep up anymore. Should be playing no longer than 25minutes. Off the bench or starting and coming off at the 15min mark with Walker replacing. Then back for the 10mins after half time.
Webby needs to make the tough call now or blood the young guns and focus on next year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Not giving up hope on 24, but this would be my 25 squad,
That’s 29 so would be targeting a quality tall prop. D. Saifiti etc

T. Tauapiki
R. Tuivasa-Scheck
C. Nicoll-Klokstad
A. Leiataua
D. Watene-Zelezniak
L. Metcalf
S. johnson
J. Fisher-Harris
W. Egan
M. Barnett
L. Halasima
M. Niukore
D. Walker

C. Harris-Tavita
Z. Zyon Maiu’u
D. Sifakula
K. Capewell

M. Pasikala
S. Kali
M. Graham-Taufa
A. Pompey
T. Martin
J. Cleary
M. Tafua
F. Lussick
B. Afoa
T. Ale
J. Laban

Pretty sure SJ goes around again next year. Tohu not so sure, but until he says otherwise he's on too much not to be in the side. As much as I want to see Tauapiki get more opportunity I don't see Webby shifting CNK. So I'll do a combo of realistic and what I'd like to see.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Leiataua
5. RTS
6. Metcalf
7. SJ
8. Barnett
9. Egan
10. JFH
11. Capewell
12. Laban
13. Walker

14. Harris
15. Halasima
16. Niukore
17. CHT/TMM (whoever provides the most utility)

If Tohu did retire then I'd bring in Sifakula. I know Sifakula has been playing prop in NSW Cup but a lot of coaches see middles as middles so it wouldn't shock me to see him come off the bench or start at lock. I'd probably prefer Walker off the bench, but no Tohu probably pushes him to start.

If SJ retired, I'd go Metcalf/TMM in the halves.

Not giving up hope on 24, but this would be my 25 squad,
That’s 29 so would be targeting a quality tall prop. D. Saifiti etc
Saifiti meeting with dragons apparently after they pulled their offer for Utoikamanu. Could Tohu play that tall prop role in adjusted minutes either starting or off the bench?

1. CNK / Tuapiki
2. DWZ / Montoya/ Pasifika / Setu
3. Berry / RTS
4. Leiataua / Pompey
5. RTS / Montoya / Pasifika / Setu
6. Metcalf / CHT
7. SJ / TMM
8. Barnett
9. Egan / Lussick / Roach
10. JFH
11. Nikoure
12. Capewell
13. Walker

14. Tuapiki (utility including hooker)
15. Halasima
16. Sifakula
17. Laban

we need to recruit another Walker type player.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I'm in two minds about this team and how many of our youth we need to bring through, how many games and how much game time they should get, and the balance of the team with experience vs youth.

From my point of view, with players I would like to see more of, I would love to see more games in first grade for:

TT
MGT
Laban
Halasima
Sifakula
Zyon Maiu’u

Ale is starting to show the benefit of being eased in to first grade over last season and this one. I think the forwards above could get two or three stints on the bench and then pushed back to NSW cup for full games in a rotation. Need to make the most of the JFH/Capewell/Barnett influence with these young players and showing them the professionalism required to be successful and condition them for the rigours of first grade. Must be a balance struck between pushing them without breaking them.

Then there is the issue of who we drop out of the current team to accommodate them

Last edited:
Tauapiki
DWZ
Nicoll-Klokstad
Berry/Leiataua/MTG
Tuivasa-Scheck
Metcalf/CHT/?D Brown
Martin
Barnett
Egan
Fisher-Harris
Capewah
Niukore
Walker

Harris-Tavita/Lussick/Roache
Ale (lock/prop)
Sifakula/Zyon Maiu’u (share)
Halasima/Laban (share)

Depth - Ford for Capewah and starting props, Afoa, Jazz on cheap $

If the entire starting pack got a cold and we have a crisis

Afoa
Lussick
Sifakula
Ford
Laban
Ale

Bench
Harris-Tavita
Jazz (lock/prop)
Zyon Maiu’u
Halasima
40-60min for each forward and 80 for Ford

We’re pretty set there?

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Leiataua
5. RTS
6. Metcalf
7. TMM
8. JFH
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Niukore
12. Halasima
13. Walker

14. CHT
15. Tuaupiki
16. Roache
17. Lussick
18. Zyon Maiu’u
19. Laban
20. Capewell
21. Graham-Taufa
22. Montoya
23. Sifakula
24. Ford
25. Ale
26. Ieremia-Toeava
27. Afoa
28. Free spaces

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
1. Taine
2. DWZ
3. Pompey
4. Ali
5. MGT
6. Metcalf
7. TMM
8. JFH
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Niukore
12. Halasima
13. Ale

14. CHT
15. Laban
16. Bunty
17. Zyon Maiu’u

That would be my ideal 17 next year.

CNK stays on ice as backs cover

Reactions: kos
1. Taine
2. DWZ
3. Pompey
4. Ali
5. MGT
6. Metcalf
7. TMM
8. JFH
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Niukore
12. Halasima
13. Ale

14. CHT
15. Laban
16. Bunty
17. Zyon Maiu’u

That would be my ideal 17 next year.

CNK stays on ice as backs cover
I like the fact there is six young guys in there to add speed and enthusiasm and energy.
And I like Bunty being in there. I m sure most punters dont pick him because he does nothing flashy. Just does his job and 98 per cent tackling efficency.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Tauapiki
Arthers-🙏🏾
Leiataua
Nicoll-Klokstad
Tuivasa-Scheck
Metcalf
Johnson
Fisher-Harris
Egan
Barnett
Capewell
Niukore
Walker

Harris-Tavita
Whyte-🙏🏿🙏🏾
Sifakula
Halasima

Berry
Pompey
Graham-Taufa
Kali
Martin
Lussick
Taufa
Zyon Maiu’u
Afoa
Stowers-Smith
Ale
Laban

Dev:
Pasikala
Moi-Moi
Auloa
Cleary

With a couple of Speedy backs being brought in and elevated and one more gun prop, also lessons learnt from this year we’ll be well and truly back in the race next year.

Hopefully Johnson can go around one more year don’t know what happened this year but hopefully he can put it behind him, come back 100% next year.
Fisher-Harris will be unreal for our young crop of forwards. Apparently he’s relentless in everything he does in lifestyle to training and game prep will rub off on the boys.

Arthers and Whyte are realistic gets and would be unreal for our squad, surely roosters could do with freeing up some cap and already have a stack of young forwards.

Broncos are back to being shit hopefully, and Arthers was keen to stay with us while he was on loan.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back