General Your 2024 lineup

And no impact. It's a negative play trying to survive the oppositions initial energy, I would like to see us playing our game and have them trying to survive that instead.
Defensive positive.
Its like playing Adam Blair. Good work rate , great D , etc.
Bugger all attacking stat's. But at least Blair had an offooad/pass.

Surely also Fonzie. If minutes are divided 80 80 80 or some such
Surely every game is unique AFB is being spotted has made 20 tackles in the first 20 maybe he only plays 45 minutes this week for eg. ?

Listened to the TWL pod.
Jackson Ford.
Clunky? Yes....
Hardest position on the field maybe though
Is it him? When he combines with SJ he even looks a bit awkward.. when he scores its usually someone going for a legs tackle on him, his ungainly style like let's him slip lose and he almost falls over....

Its weird, but he is a highly mobile workhorse.... doesn't stop for 70-80.
Is it metcalfe who's the best combo with him though?
How long can TMM bide his time in cup?
I'm afraid Ford Falcon has all the motor but lacks that final gear for crashing over the whilte line. This could be the year he finds it, open your eyes and put your foot down Jacko it's right there in font of you brother!

I'm afraid Ford Falcon has all the motor but lacks that final gear for crashing over the whilte line. This could be the year he finds it, open your eyes and put your foot down Jacko it's right there in font of you brother!

Or he can just fall over before the line as usual, quick play the ball, Egan to RTS, left foot step, try 🤣

Looks good until Egan needs a rest or gets his routine head knock and is off for 15. He isn't resilient enough to not have cover.
If you're thinking Walker, I don't think he is good enough at dummy half.

Egan needs to just help out after initial impact, heck sometimes he gets elbowed in the throat just doing that, maybe just bark orders and be a marker, he’s too valuable to be involved in the donkey work lol

The more I think about it the more I prefer LM over TMM…..sure he’s a running 6 which compliments a predominantly passing 7.

That not to say LM can and imo develop a passing game also.

I think we’ll see an improved all around LM as the rounds go on.

Surely also Fonzie. If minutes are divided 80 80 80 or some such
Surely every game is unique AFB is being spotted has made 20 tackles in the first 20 maybe he only plays 45 minutes this week for eg. ?
I’d need to check to be sure I doubt AFB played less than 55 mins in any game last year other than due to injury

60 mins was his average

59 against Penrith, 53 against Brisbane (lower than usual)
All I'm trying to say is yeah I guess there's a rough outline for how many minutes one can play effectively. Everything from weather to just how the game goes will effect all that....
AFB is a bad example on My part...
I just don't know if sometimes they chuck a player on and go aww , let's just leave him out there he's doing fine... ( sironen mostly )

All I'm trying to say is yeah I guess there's a rough outline for how many minutes one can play effectively. Everything from weather to just how the game goes will effect all that....
AFB is a bad example on My part...
I just don't know if sometimes they chuck a player on and go aww , let's just leave him out there he's doing fine... ( sironen mostly )
You definitely need to adjust based on workload and how the game flows, but it’s not usually that drastic - more just bringing a bloke off 5 minutes earlier than planned

I’m coming around to a bench of:

Walker
Niukore
Lussick
Jazz (injury cover)

Example middle bench rotation:
20 min - Barnie > Walker
25 min - AFB > Niukore
50 min - Tohu > AfB
55 min - Niukore > Barnie
70min - Tohu > Barnie / Walker

5 interchanges, leaves you 2 to get Egan on and off for Lussick plus an injury sub.

If there’s an injury in the backs Walker fills it and Jazz moves to 13; if there’s an injury to an edge forward Niukore fills it and Jazz moves to prop.

Walker
Niukore
Lussick
Jazz (injury cover)

20 min - Barnie > Walker
25 min - AFB > Niukore
50 min - Tohu > AfB

5 interchanges, leaves you 2 to get Egan on and off for Lussick plus an injury sub.

If there’s an injury in the backs Walker fills it and Jazz moves to 13; if there’s an injury to an edge forward Niukore fills it and Jazz moves to prop.
Hard to argue with the logic- it makes a lot of sense.
I just don't like the look of it- that bench is so...... small...
Wouldn't be surprised if you're right though.

Hard to argue with the logic- it makes a lot of sense.
I just don't like the look of it- that bench is so...... small...
Wouldn't be surprised if you're right though.
Yeah some serious planning in Fonzie Fonzie post.

Though small, you are extremely well insulated against Injury with that make up and we will get injuries in every other game so I think it is pretty hard to beat that division of minutes and field positions coverage, especially when you factor in that the most injury prone players are in our forward pack and despite the loss of size, you could argue that you should still be in the fight with that line up when players drop out.

Also in a bad one (you lose a couple of eighty minute guys and or a hooker) Jazz and Walker scrape home if forced to play nearly a whole game where as if you pick Bunty and Ale you are almost guaranteed to lose that type of game.

Walker
Niukore
Lussick
Jazz (injury cover)

20 min - Barnie > Walker
25 min - AFB > Niukore
50 min - Tohu > AfB

Would you look at replacing Jazz with Sifakula when he comes back? Sifakula played lock a lot at cup level and would handle the prop role. Eventually the older guys will have to give way to the younger guys.
I have really enjoyed watching Jazz over the years as at times he seemed the only player who gave a shit but he never put his hand up during the preseason.

Would you look at replacing Jazz with Sifakula when he comes back? Sifakula played lock a lot at cup level and would handle the prop role. Eventually the older guys will have to give way to the younger guys.
I have really enjoyed watching Jazz over the years as at times he seemed the only player who gave a shit but he never put his hand up during the preseason.
Yep you could look at Sifa or Ale for that role for sure

Be surprised if Sifa comes back to his pre ACL form this season.

Would be banking on some reggies this year, a full pre-season, and hopefully ready to go 2025.

Back