General Your 2024 lineup

Really hope Montoya gets back his best. He really went backwards in the last half of the year. Watching him come in hard for a tackle and just slide off was weird. Kosi will put pressure on him for sure
Flash backs of Kosi v Mulitalo

He matured in that game and held his nerve, such a pity he got injured.

Montoya definitely went backwards, was not long after he signed too , the Pompey effect lol (to be fair, pomps went good last year)

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. Metcalf
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa/Ale/Jazz
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris
14. Walker
15. Barnett
16. Niukore
17. CHT/Going

AFB, Tohu and one of the others to start in the middle, who are subbed by Walker, Barnett and Niukore. This will mean no lull or drop off when AFB or Tohu are off.

Niukore to cover edge and centre
Walker to cover centre too if need be

17 spot is decided with half an eye on someone taking Sironens hooker back up duties. Up to Webby if he prefers an additional middle/edge forward or a back/half. CHT could also cover centre to keep Walker and Niukore in the pack.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. Metcalf
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa/Ale/Jazz
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris
14. Walker
15. Barnett
16. Niukore
17. CHT/Going

AFB, Tohu and one of the others to start in the middle, who are subbed by Walker, Barnett and Niukore. This will mean no lull or drop off when AFB or Tohu are off.

Niukore to cover edge and centre
Walker to cover centre too if need be

17 spot is decided with half an eye on someone taking Sironens hooker back up duties. Up to Webby if he prefers an additional middle/edge forward or a back/half. CHT could also cover centre to keep Walker and Niukore in the pack.
I don’t think going is even top 30 so u can put a line through him.
Good lineup though.

Good lineup though.
Wasn't there a chance to the top 30 eligibility rule this season? I'm pretty sure any squad member can play, regardless of top 30 status.

Wasn't that the rule previously? I'm sure I saw there was a change for 24' but I can't find the article.
Last I read it was still round 10, which is why clubs are still trying to create space in their top 30 where necessary.

Edit - from the net

Training contracts (train and trial). To rise to $1200 in 2024, $3,000 bonus for any NRL game, can only play NRL from Round 11 (ie after Round 10).

Mind you Jazz TMM and Pompey will be Allstars
Funnily enough Kodi and Jesse Arthur's made positions over TMM......
Rate them both higher than te maire TBH. Kodi offers a lot more in attack, and defence isn’t too far apart to put Te maire ahead of him. And Arthers a gun

Hoping Tu goes well during pre season, works on the little things and pushes for the other wing spot. Montoya and Kosi shouldn’t have that spot locked down.

Wasn't that the rule previously? I'm sure I saw there was a change for 24' but I can't find the article.

I think the rule you are thinking of applies to the development players rather than out and out reserve grade players, so we could have Halasima or Ben Farr play from Round One if we wanted, essentially making it a Top 36.

Dont quote me on that though lol

I think the rule you are thinking of applies to the development players rather than out and out reserve grade players, so we could have Halasima or Ben Farr play from Round One if we wanted, essentially making it a Top 36.

Dont quote me on that though lol
This is correct the way I understand it.

Good lineup though.
Ahh yeah good point. I also got the rule change muddled up.

In my alternate reality scenario I'll give him a top 30 spot 🤣 - on the proviso he has been training at hooker.

Otherwise captaining the Nswarriors for sure

Back