TeamList Storm vs Warriors - [Round 2, 2024]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you reckon our players will go ok with a 835 pm Nz time start?
Second half roughly 930 pm / 1015 Nz time

Are they flying over couple days earlier?

Bloody hell, please don't start this rubbish. If they can't play past there bedtime or adjust to a 2 hour time difference in their 20s we should close down the club
EXACTLY.

Funny how they apparantly can't handle a 9:30PMNZT kickoff but, yep, fine for late nights during the week to go see some overseas musician...

The "the late Australian kick-off times messes with their heads" argument should have died once the Breakers (who have to play in Perth - 4 hours difference) got successful.

There are several justifiable reasons why we haven't been as successful as we could have been over the years. Difficulty adjusting to a 2 hour time difference (and every so often 3 or 4 hours) is not one of those. Neither is "but it's hotter over in Australia."

It's also amusing how those who push those arguments aren't prepared to accept that it works both ways: Australian players have to come here and play us earlier than their body clocks would be comfortable with and it's colder than they would like.

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!

Warriors by 6.

I don't like the 9.30pm kickoffs as it finishes way past my bedtime 🤣

I get the idea that we play worse late at night, but if we are going to become a perennially successful team, we are going to play plenty of semi/prelim/grand finals which kick off after 9pm NZT.
So now I'm going to think of these games as practise 😊

Just heard him on the one take pod, he didn't mention it, hopefully he's fine.

I'm getting a strange feeling about the Storm game creeping in after listening to that, I think it might be hope?
I haven't had a chance to listen yet, just wondering if it could have been recorded last week? I recall last seasons episodes having a few days between the recording and the release

Hard not to get a little more excited & positive about this game now……providing this is the team that runs out on the day, both teams significant outs are about even in my eyes, the pressure is slightly more on Melbourne to back up from last weeks win and if they were coming here I’d reactivate my TAB account (ask for forgiveness later 😅) and quadruple my money Warriors 1-12. Reckon we’ve a decent shot

The plot thickens.

O

He talks about the loss to the Sharks.
Nice thanks.
Caught up and it would have been Monday 4pm ish based on the cricket chat.

Listened to Richie Agar as well.
He said both Egan and Capewell didn't have anything wrong structurally, more inflammation and soreness. But the fact they've been with the doctors and physios for a few days means they're a chance.

Sounds like it's more than a 50/50 chance but still a wait and see how they pull up later in the week

IMG_7946.jpeg

Injury list. Fingers cross this means both are good to play on Saturday.

Last edited:
When they rated the injured players fifty fifty they were always going to name the same line up 'just in case'....it is the old lets see till one hour before kick off trick.
They pulled this stunt with SJ last year remember?

So....still no idea who runs out between Egan, Capewell, but good on them for keeping the door open.

Also the clear scans thing means it is a legit strategy, people come right in seven days from bad knocks, quick healers with great medicos pumping them full of treatment especially.

Boxers fight injured all the time.

Bloody hell, please don't start this rubbish. If they can't play past there bedtime or adjust to a 2 hour time difference in their 20s we should close down the club
I actually think that’s a valid point. I have wondered if the Warriors train in the evening to mimic game time. I always hear how the have early starts during the week. Surely playing past 9pm would have an impact on performance, if they’re starting there days at 5am-6am.

An update on Kurt and Wayde provided by Webby:

Warriors coach Andrew Webster meanwhile has confirmed Kurt Capewell will play against the Storm after suffering a rib cartilage issue last week, while a call will be made on hooker Wayde Egan (elbow) after captain's run.

"We are really happy it's not a long-term injury, it's just whether he can get range in his elbow... if he can pass and tackle he'll play," Webster said.

An update on Kurt and Wayde provided by Webby:

Warriors coach Andrew Webster meanwhile has confirmed Kurt Capewell will play against the Storm after suffering a rib cartilage issue last week, while a call will be made on hooker Wayde Egan (elbow) after captain's run.

"We are really happy it's not a long-term injury, it's just whether he can get range in his elbow... if he can pass and tackle he'll play," Webster said.
Great news!

Should be fine bro. These are young men. That time of night most young men are ready to dance for hours, maybe get into a fight or avoid one at the local night spots, get lucky and go home with some hot chick and keep exercising for another few hours....or so I heard from a friend when I was their age.

Ali and Foreman fought at three AM in the morning and threw the most punches ever seen in a heavy weight fight, a record that lasted till David Tua and Hazim Rahman broke it in their twelve round epic.

Most young men are night owls anyway and really come alive long after the sun sets.

PLaying late in Perth though....or NQL is more of an issue for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back