• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL Which team do you love to hate?

Who is your MOST hated team (why in thread)?

• Broncos

• Bulldogs

• Cowboys

• Dolphins

• Dragons

• Eels

• Knights

• Panthers

• Rabbitohs

• Raiders

• Roosters

• Sea Eagles

• Sharks

• Storm

• Titans

• West Tigers

• I don't hate any of them

Results are only viewable after voting.
My hates come and go depending on the players at various clubs.

Roosters and Manly have a special place due to us losing a Grand Final to them.

Storm over the dominant years due to the wrestle and the amount of stuff they would get away with.

Souths as they were wanting to stay in the competition as they had been around forever, where the clubs needed to meet specific criteria. They got admitted to the competition and were still cramp. They are better now but you'd occassionally hear about the pride of the league or league is going well when Souths are going well. The game must have been terrible from 1990-2006.

A lot of the time it is because a team is dominant and leads the way the game is played. Storm, Roosters come to mind. They are good to watch as they are good but also a pain in that they get away with a lot. Or push the rules to the limit.

The Storms reaction to their cap cheating.

The Sharks reaction to the peptide scandal.

NZWarriors.com
I've come around to the Storm now that all the salary cap era cheats have mostly retired.

They're such a great production line for Kiwi talent and they're one of the few teams in the NRL that can score can from anywhere on the field.

I don't what the stats say, but i'd be surprised if they don't have the best win rate in games where a teams lost yardage and field position.

Storm are the team I most love to see us beat - ANZAC thrashings have played a big part in this, but it helps that two of our most memorable victories against them were finals matches with dramatically exciting final tries to put the nail in.

Roosters a very close second, primarily for the 02 final, but given they are kind of the 'golden child' of the league (their fans will never own that label though!) there's certainly a little bit of tall poppy going on there too, I can admit that!

I don't love to hate them I just hate them. Storm because of the wrestle, chicken wings, leg drops you name it usually the dirty shit starts with them. 2 premierships stripped because the cheated but likely they did more. Fuck them.
Referees scared of Smith.
Club protected by the powers that be.
Had a reunion recently and still celebrated the premierships that were taken off them.

Dunno about love to hate.. I just plain Hate them.. the Storm. They are a joke really.. too many leg ups to be taken seriously for me.

NZWarriors.com
Well my most hated teams and most hated clubs are 2 separate things.
Ive hated the bronco and bulldog clubs since I started following it in the late 80s but most hated teams chop and change.
At present I can’t stand souths because of their players and death ride the raiders and cowboys due to their respective coaches.

1st - Bulldogs, Most c*nty fanbase in the world. Biggest Warrior haters too. Steven Chricton has a very punchable face.

2nd - Roosters Because of Aunty Nickole & shims sombrero.

3rd - Storm - Because of the money they(News Corp Ltd) leave in the referees changing rooms/Match Fixing.

Last edited:
I've come around to supporting the Storm now that all the salary cap era cheats have mostly retired.

They're such a great production line for Kiwi talent and they're one of the few teams in the NRL that can score can from anywhere on the field.

I don't what the stats say, but i'd be surprised if they don't have the best win rate in games where a teams lost yardage and field position.
I don't hate the Storm at all. All the talk of them starting this and that I looked into back in the day - saw heaps of the so-called 'they started it' plays like 'chicken wings' back then. Changed my mind.
Like the Warriors they've been on the receiving end of so much shite, its easy to blame them for 'starting' it but its just not true - so many wanted to find them guilry of something, anything. They were always outliers, just like the Warriors!
Apart from that though, wrestling coaches began and still do have influence on the game - and every club employs them! Did the Storm do it better? Possibly but thats not the whole story. Everyone, fans, and the nrl had to find someone to be the scapegoat - but they were never, ever the first! And, the idea they coach all the worst things...bs!
As for rorting the cap...yeh they did but so have the warriors, the bulldogs, the roosters & other clubs besides.
It was something like 5M over 3 years which is sfa when other clubs were found out around that amount yearly that they would probably haved reached that amount over the same period of time. Does that make it right? No, but we always like to blame the players regardless lol (2 comtracts etc etc - unfounded bs).
My points are, was any of what they did wrong, yes. Was it different or worse than others, no.
Hate all you like, any team, if it makes you feel self-righteous. but don't kid yourself, look deeper.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
I don't hate the Storm at all. All the talk of them starting this and that I looked into back in the day - saw heaps of the so-called 'they started it' plays like 'chicken wings' back then. Changed my mind.
Like the Warriors they've been on the receiving end of so much shite, its easy to blame them for 'starting' it but its just not true - so many wanted to find them guilry of something, anything. They were always outliers, just like the Warriors!
Apart from that though, wrestling coaches began and still do have influence on the game - and every club employs them! Did the Storm do it better? Possibly but thats not the whole story. Everyone, fans, and the nrl had to find someone to be the scapegoat - but they were never, ever the first! And, the idea they coach all the worst things...bs!
As for rorting the cap...yeh they did but so have the warriors, the bulldogs, the roosters & other clubs besides.
It was something like 5M over 3 years which is sfa when other clubs were found out around that amount yearly that they would probably haved reached that amount over the same period of time. Does that make it right? No, but we always like to blame the players regardless lol (2 comtracts etc etc - unfounded bs).
My points are, was any of what they did wrong, yes. Was it different or worse than others, no.
Hate all you like, any team, if it makes you feel self-righteous. but don't kid yourself, look deeper.
Yes the Dogs cap breach was bad and they paid the price by effectively being ruled out of the 02 season.
Warriors was self reported and a result of getting both Price and Wiki when I think we were banking on one or the other.
Storm was deliberate and calculated and they still to this day don’t own it so yes I’d say it was worse.
I refuse to believe the Sharks just so happened to not be on peptides the year they won it just the years directly either side…
Also don’t think all teams are playing a level playing field and would not be surprised in the slightest if some were rotting the cap, the NRLs integrity is questionable at best

Broncos and Bunnies.

They have the most insufferable New Zealand based fans by far. The way they look down on the club & fans in shit times & when things are good all of sudden we are their second team.

2024 most hated team - the Bulldogs - they have the most insufferable fans in general.

i have issues.

Yes, there is a very certain demographic of Rabbitohs fans here who seemed to jump on the Souths bandwagon as late teens when the club was winning and the Warriors were losing. My experience of them has always been, that they didn't like losing so just flip-flopped so they could rip the shit out of the Warriors. I work with a couple who are uncharacteristically quiet this year. I have been the bigger man, and am glad I was when the Warrior season took a turn. Souths are so grubby on the field too.

But, my most hated teams are based on the opposition fans.

At Shark Park on a sunny afternoon, you can see all of their gummy mouths and banjos glinting in the sun. Truly feral, as are Bulldogs fans.

Interesting that after 50 votes, no one has gone for the over celebrating, arrogant Panthers. Must be the Cleary love... and a respect for what they do on the field.

Good one Cam

Yes, there is a very certain demographic of Rabbitohs fans here who seemed to jump on the Souths bandwagon as late teens when the club was winning and the Warriors were losing. My experience of them has always been, that they didn't like losing so just flip-flopped so they could rip the shit out of the Warriors. I work with a couple who are uncharacteristically quiet this year. I have been the bigger man, and am glad I was when the Warrior season took a turn. Souths are so grubby on the field too.

But, my most hated teams are based on the opposition fans.

At Shark Park on a sunny afternoon, you can see all of their gummy mouths and banjos glinting in the sun. Truly feral, as are Bulldogs fans.
Shark park has been the most feral away ground I’ve been to. A mulleted woman wanted to fight me for wearing a Warriors jersey there once

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Back