Post Match 2023 Broncos vs Warriors - Week 3 Finals (Post Match)

vs

-

MATCH COMPLETE

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.
This silly complaint to continue with. Fans whinged for years to get another team into Brisbane, they got that, now they're whinging that the Broncos get to play that new Brisbane team... in Brisbane.
You got to play an away game during Magic Round. Even playing a couple at the Gabba there were still more games at Suncorp than pitch invaders at Napier.

bad luck warriors would much rather you guys been on the other side of the draw as i wanted you guys in the GF this year just not at the expense of my own team,hopefully we get to run it back next year.

just a thought on your back 5 going into next year with RTS coming would a center pairing of RTS/CNK and a spine of 1.TMM 6.metcalf 7.johnson 9.egan be a bit better for you blokes?still get the hard carries from CNK and RTS but a but more play making out of your fullback?
1 CNK
2 D W Zelezniak
3 A Leiataua
4 RTS
5 M Montoya / Berry?
6 L Metcalf
7 S Johnson

Last edited:
You got to play an away game during Magic Round. Even playing a couple at the Gabba there were still more games at Suncorp than pitch invaders at Napier.

Your response here doesn't really help push this agenda any further.

We play our home games at our home.
We play Dolphins at their (our) home.
We play Magic Round away, at our home.
Rabbitohs bought a game to Sunshine Coast.

The Gabba games were OUR home games that were moved from Suncorp because it wasn't available for use during those rounds. They were regular home games, nothing special.

It's a dud complaint. Penrith left NSW 6 Times. We left QLD 7 times.

Your response here doesn't really help push this agenda any further.

We play our home games at our home.
We play Dolphins at their (our) home.
We play Magic Round away, at our home.
Rabbitohs bought a game to Sunshine Coast.

The Gabba games were OUR home games that were moved from Suncorp because it wasn't available for use during those rounds. They were regular home games, nothing special.

It's a dud complaint. Penrith left NSW 6 Times. We left QLD 7 times.
Its not an agenda. Its factual. Not that I'm complaining because the Broncos crowds are the best in the NRL which makes it a smart financial decision, also looks good on TV, almost as good as Napier and understand why they would want to do it. That the Warriors have to travel so much is the reality of playing in a competition dominated by Eastern Australian clubs, but the heartwarming thing about this season was how well they played in most of their away games.

The commentators mentioned that after the break, the touch judges hadn't actually caught up to be inline with the play, so can understand them missing it. Now, I know it's technically outside the rules, but I kind of expect that Klein in the bunker would have had more than enough of an opportunity to get in the ref's ear ad tell him 'mate that was a bad one, your call but you should pull that up'.
They tried 2 refs & dropped that, how about 2 touchies do one half of the field each side & the other 2 the same for the other half? They have to do something or just let all forward passes go.
The touchies can't keep up with the speed of the game (or players) and could start getting a run on as play approaches their half so they can keep up with Reece 😆
Seriously though, it's either a rule or it isn't and if it is they need something to 'police' it.

They tried 2 refs & dropped that, how about 2 touchies do one half of the field each side & the other 2 the same for the other half? They have to do something or just let all forward passes go.
The touchies can't keep up with the speed of the game (or players) and could start getting a run on as play approaches their half so they can keep up with Reece 😆
Seriously though, it's either a rule or it isn't and if it is they need something to 'police' it.
i mean for the obvious ones should be as simple as calling it a knock on im sure the bunker can rule on those

Again these are the 1%'s I'm looking at.

I have at times been critical of Tohu's lateral defence this season. Last week was herculean and needed to be repeated. Last night the issue was he is so critical on at as a ball playing lock, that when he doesn't play that role, our attack stifles. It looked like his groin / knee was fucked and you could see he wasn't taking the ball to the line and passing *at pace*.

Watch the replay from 20mins and focus on Tohu. He's completely stuffed. Cant run. You know his body is done in because he has the heart of a lion.

Like Penrith without both Luai and Yeo, we become one dimensional.
I watched the pace being set by Brisbane and not us. SJ could have put the ball out every kick to enforce a walk to the scrum. We could have slowed them down in the tackles except they smashed us in the tackles. We could have slowed down their ruck speed but they won that too.

We tried to go with them but they out sprinted us like Bronson Xerri did to Gutho before he failed his drugs test 😁. Only it was young legs outpacing us.

What I'm getting at is while I agree we need a better more mobile pack, we could have mitigated the Brisbane speed by competing better at shutting down their offloads, dominance in tackles and ruck speed. We lost all of those and the game.

Its not an agenda. Its factual. Not that I'm complaining because the Broncos crowds are the best in the NRL which makes it a smart financial decision, also looks good on TV and understand why they would want to do it. That the Warriors have to travel so much is the reality of playing in a competition dominated by Eastern Australian clubs, but the heartwarming thing about this season was how well they played in most of their away games.

Your post absolutely disregards facts though. I'd implore you to go and actually look at the draw and compare it to other Aus based teams, don't just trust what NSWRL journos are spitting out to try and sell stories.

I also just read here that the Warriors travelled commercially into Brisbane on Thursday. You'd do better questioning that decision than going after a false narrative that the Broncos never left our home ground. In what world do you charter a plane for a game in Napier and fly on AirNZ for the biggest game the team has played in over a decade, choose to travel on a Thursday giving only a single full day in your new timezone?

Your post absolutely disregards facts though. I'd implore you to go and actually look at the draw and compare it to other Aus based teams, don't just trust what NSWRL journos are spitting out to try and sell stories.

I also just read here that the Warriors travelled commercially into Brisbane on Thursday. You'd do better questioning that decision than going after a false narrative that the Broncos never left our home ground. In what world do you charter a plane for a game in Napier and fly on AirNZ for the biggest game the team has played in over a decade, choose to travel on a Thursday giving only a single full day in your new timezone?
You're way overthinking it now. Slow your brain.

i hope the panthers win the GF on a blatant forward pass.... like 3m forard type stuff
I hope the Panthers and the Broncos lose. Then give the Churchill medal to the ref and all the reffing team and bunker blokes come on stage with the trophy and start singing "ya ya yippee yippee ya"

i mean for the obvious ones should be as simple as calling it a knock on im sure the bunker can rule on those
That could work. Problem is everyone moans about bunker input into the game as it is & nek minnit 'the ball floated forward' 😆
Pretty sure there's technology around that takes the human aspect out.
I

Pompey was a diamond last week but a gravel rock today

Couldn’t kick a conversation to save his life. Lost the ball in the first tackle off the scrum. Gets binned for 10. What a god dam disaster. Also losing the ball on the first tackle killed our confidence and fight back.

Ford - not paying attention to Walters that close to the line and getting fooled by the dummy pass is criminal.

Jazz’s absolute brain explosion trying an offload and tiring position over was so Jazz like.

It’s these critical moments from our usual brain fart players that changed the momentum of the game. I could see heads dropping after each play.

DWZ doing what he does on D and cutting on catching no one was so DWZ like…

SJ looked super frustrated also.

I dunno. It is what it is. You take the highs of last week then need to swallow the lows of defeat
They either learn from it or we put new players in there lol

DWZ probably will be fine, he did hold his nerve in earlier games, went nuts in that first half tackling oxygen

Jazz horror passing, Ford should have given him a mouthful lol

Just do AI offside, knock on and forward passes lol, we are gonna be taken over by it anyway hahaha

Heck head high as well, AI adjudicating Harry Grant slap on the face on the big screen

Back