Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
winston peters is a fucking cock. that’s plainly obvious.
i admire your passion and your heart, but your hard on for the left leaves you so blindly oblivious to the own goals down your end dude.

but since you’re calling out lies, i’d love to get your take on;

rawiri waititi claiming national and act WANT maori dead 7-10 years early.

rawiri waititi doubling down on his claim that maori are genetically superior - “It is a known fact that Māori genetic makeup is stronger than others.”

View: https://youtu.be/oCoofCbrgq8

i think all politicians should be held to the same standards and deserve the same criticisms, don’t you?

I don't think he's completely wrong. Maori die 7-10 years sooner than Pakeha NZers. They have reduced access to healthcare. Removing the Māori Health Authority further entrenches that life span discrepancy.
Rawiri does use inflaming language, which doesn't help the discourse.

Waititi, Seymour, Peters and to an extent even Chloe are great politicians because they talk to their audience and their voters, which is not the centre.

Labour was so successful because for every new policy, the right opposed them as ‘to far’ and the Greens and Maori opposed it as ‘not going far enough’ making Labour appear central and getting it just right.

National is just doing the same, NZ First and Act are playing the extremist to counter the lefts argument and make National appear the middle guys.

All just politics.
I agree with what you are saying but National has been pandering far too much to the right imo.

I don't think he's completely wrong. Maori die 7-10 years sooner than Pakeha NZers. They have reduced access to healthcare. Removing the Māori Health Authority further entrenches that life span discrepancy.
he’s not wrong at all no, but the way he paints it to his own people is fucking deplorable.
talk about politics of fear or whatever that fucking buzz term at the moment is.

haha

winston peters is a fucking cock. that’s plainly obvious.
i admire your passion and your heart, but your hard on for the left leaves you so blindly oblivious to the own goals down your end dude.

but since you’re calling out lies, i’d love to get your take on;

rawiri waititi claiming national and act WANT maori dead 7-10 years early.

rawiri waititi doubling down on his claim that maori are genetically superior - “It is a known fact that Māori genetic makeup is stronger than others.”

View: https://youtu.be/oCoofCbrgq8

or ginny anderson accusing the police minister of being paid to kill people

i think all politicians should be held to the same standards and deserve the same criticisms, don’t you?

For sure. Ginny Andersen apologised right?

The content of Winston's monologue rant though is clearly conspiratorial, bordering on delusional. And he's the deputy pm.

His words are fantastical. If he truly believes what he's saying then he is not grounded in reality.

he’s the ultimate conman.

he’s young, good looking, personable, and has a somewhat captive audience.
what oppressed people wouldnt look to someone like him to solve the worlds woes.

its a shame because what a wonderful endorsement for NZ and in particular maori someone like him could be on a world stage.
He's not a conman, wtf.

MBT8, While I agree with little you post, I do enjoy your posts. I haven't seen anyone trying to cancel you and I hope you continue.
Frank White has told us his Dad is African, he is probably darker than most forum members, he has never come across as a racist or right wing.
I'm sure you think I am right wing because I am critical of the previous Govt, particularly their economic management.
I vote for a party that shows some economic nous, like live within your means, spend on things that help everyone, you know what they are. Accordingly, the majority of my voting has been split between National and Labour. I think there are lots of people that are not hard wired to the left or right.
Thanks Dean, appreciate the post and I really do need to listen a bit more, far too trigger happy on the kb today.

Maori live 10 years longer than South Africans. NZers die 3 years younger than Australians if they get cancer. Shouldn’t the aim be to peruse best practice and the underlying issues no matter what the race?

My main issue with ‘race’ based policy is that most bad outcomes are actually driven by poverty rather than race, which affects all races but disproportionately Maori.

Address the poverty.

Using race assists Maori not needing assistance and denies other races that need help because it’s blunt, not targeted right and addresses the incorrect root cause.

Statistically if your not drunk, drugged, on a motor bike, a tourist, and not out after 10pm and have a full license you have almost 0 road toll risk no matter what speed you do.
Could you expand on what you mean by statistically? This study on speed vs road deaths conducted in 10 different countries concludes that higher speed is associated with increased occurrence and severity of road crashes.

Could you expand on what you mean by statistically? This study on speed vs road deaths conducted in 10 different countries concludes that higher speed is associated with increased occurrence and severity of road crashes.

And yet NZ and Australia have focused almost exclusively on speed and the road toll goes up…

I’ve posted before the govt graphs showing about half are caused by drinking/ drugs; about 10% motorcyclists and the rest the other areas.

For sure. Ginny Andersen apologised right?

The content of Winston's monologue rant though is clearly conspiratorial, bordering on delusional. And he's the deputy pm.

His words are fantastical. If he truly believes what he's saying then he is not grounded in reality.
after initially refusing to apologize she said….

"I apologise to Mark Mitchell. It is unacceptable to personally attack someone" she told Morning Report on Monday.

all of us as a kid have had an adult stop us from doing whatever we’re doing and apologize. she couldn’t even manage that level of apology.
no mention of what she even said.
so yes, she did apologize, but barely.

i’m sure she’d find that apology worthy of a 50% sentence reduction for remorse though.

Maori live 10 years longer than South Africans. NZers die 3 years younger than Australians if they get cancer. Shouldn’t the aim be to peruse best practice and the underlying issues no matter what the race?

My main issue with ‘race’ based policy is that most bad outcomes are actually driven by poverty rather than race, which affects all races but disproportionately Maori.

Address the poverty.

Using race assists Maori not needing assistance and denies other races that need help because it’s blunt, not targeted right and addresses the incorrect root cause.
Address the poverty as well. The rest of your critique is BS.

Address the poverty.

You are not wrong but they don't address poverty, so removing the maori health authority will only hurt them more. Remember Seymour will probably remove most of the school lunches too.

I think I'm pretty flexible with my politics, all you need to do is help the country and not help the ones that don't need help. Add back $5 prescription, no problem (because those that spend more than $100? I think get the rebate), rego increase, that's ok, it's bound to happen. Giving landlords tax refund and not charge cgt, no. Not charging the tax brackets, no.

Also, waiting on their tough on crime and gangs policy to enact.

Critiquing a policy simply because it is race based, without understanding the policy itself, is the realm of the unserious - People like Winston.
Exactly, It's an ideological minefield. Affirmative action to address past injustices that lead to current inequality of outcomes is easy fodder for attack rhetoric because it's obviously race based.

Oh really? It’s *reduced access* is it? I’d love to see that quantified. I have no doubt about the reduced lifespan.

As per the vegan study, a vegan diet is worse for you. Vegans however make healthier lifestyle choices.

And yet NZ and Australia have focused almost exclusively on speed and the road toll goes up…

I’ve posted before the govt graphs showing about half are caused by drinking/ drugs; about 10% motorcyclists and the rest the other areas.
1711251261851.png

It has been steady numbers wise since the 'Road to Zero' campaign was introduced, noting 2020 and 2021 were affected by Covid with a reduction in road deaths between 2022 and 2023.

I do agree with you that measures such as more drug/alcohol testing, better, safer roads and enforcement needs to accompany reduced speeds depending on the road rather than scrapping it entirely.

Back