Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Storm

Team Lists

The Phins win could potentially compress the ladder further, but this time on the top end. If we win this, we'll be 5 pts away from top position.

Contextually 3 points from the Storm if we win as they had 2 byes already, and 5 off the Sharks who will drop a few more then we play our final regular game against them

I wouldn’t mind if Sharks get lucky to finish 2nd and we reach 3rd and play them R1…

Sounds to me based on Webbys comments that SJ will do the kicking and TMM will run the cutter.

If defensive numbers are overloaded on one playmaker, get it to the other.

Keep the in form man going and if things get stuck SJ can continue similar plans with his flare or back to old plans that worked vs Storm etc early on with aggression

Loving the confidence ladies and gents but it's the fucken storm, and everytime over the last 100 years or how ever long it has been......every time we have got close, fate, bad luck or the fucken NRL has intervened to screw us.

So I am taking a neutral position. I will watch the game and if we can take it, it will be a win of epic hoodoo breaking significance if we lose, I just hope we go down fighting.

Loving the confidence ladies and gents but it's the fucken storm, and everytime over the last 100 years or how ever long it has been......every time we have got close, fate, bad luck or the fucken NRL has intervened to screw us.

So I am taking a neutral position. I will watch the game and if we can take it, it will be a win of epic hoodoo breaking significance if we lose, I just hope we go down fighting.

Even the bookies have us as favourites.

Don't think there is any question that this will be a close game - we could do without any heartbreak.

Sounds to me based on Webbys comments that SJ will do the kicking and TMM will run the cutter.

If defensive numbers are overloaded on one playmaker, get it to the other.
Yeah vast majority of long kicking to SJ for sure, would like to see TMM get plenty of opportunities to kick within their 20 though.... definitely mix that up.

Yeah vast majority of long kicking to SJ for sure, would like to see TMM get plenty of opportunities to kick within their 20 though.... definitely mix that up.
its an interesting one. I thought TMM's kicking game has been solid enough. The thing I liked is the variety and the contestability of a lot of his kicks. I'd rather a bomb that lands 15m-20m out that we contest for than one that lands 5m-10m out that we don't. I think that would be one of the biggest differences over the last 3 games with our kicking.

its an interesting one. I thought TMM's kicking game has been solid enough. The thing I liked is the variety and the contestability of a lot of his kicks. I'd rather a bomb that lands 15m-20m out that we contest for than one that lands 5m-10m out that we don't. I think that would be one of the biggest differences over the last 3 games with our kicking.
I don't think even tmm knows quite where his are gonna land- as u say that's not always a bad thing.
It does seem we've gone back to contesting kicks though- earlier in the season it was clear the chasers were under instruction not to contest while the nrl were having their token crack down on it.
I think a couple of the rule changes around kicks have hurt us this year. The change around short kick offs have also taken away from the in goal/ repeat sets which sj is brilliant at- u don't get the same reward for those anymore and a lot of clubs have shelved them too.
So its not just the personal but also the gameplan which has been changing and webby is flexible/ smart enough to do that.

I don't think the quality of the his long kicking game is sustainable over the course of a long season personally, it's served us ok in the our last 3 wins but I think it's been one of the weakest aspects of our game. There's not a lot of range and accuracy there and and I think it would get exploited at some point.

Last edited:
Anyone who is going tomorrow and wants an earlier fix of league, there's a free entry game at Mt Smart #2....

There is an earlier game on Saturday but it’s a free non-ticketed event on Go Media Stadium #2 with a Sky Sport Future Warriors under-17 selection taking on Kirwan State High School from QLD Morons (which produced Warriors legends Micheal Luck, Jacob Lillyman and Brent Webb, who all played 100-plus NRL games for the club).

Id rather the one that lands 5-10m out but also we contest. At best we score or regain possession, at worst the opposition are having to work the ball off their line. Win win

As u say tho TMM's kicking was solid enough, quite liked the variety of his short kicking game. Was noticeable (imo) on his longer kicks opposition wingers had set themselves in that usual 5-10m out from their line suddenly struggling to get to the ball as they were only making it to that 15-20m mark, think we managed a couple of turnovers like that......dont think that was from design, just not having quite the same distance. Worked out for us in those instances tho lol

Id rather the one that lands 5-10m out but also we contest. At best we score or regain possession, at worst the opposition are having to work the ball off their line. Win win

As u say tho TMM's kicking was solid enough, quite liked the variety of his short kicking game. Was noticeable (imo) on his longer kicks opposition wingers had set themselves in that usual 5-10m out from their line suddenly struggling to get to the ball as they were only making it to that 15-20m mark, think we managed a couple of turnovers like that......dont think that was from design, just not having quite the same distance. Worked out for us in those instances tho lol

The Hammer knock on was EPIC

I don't think even tmm knows quite where his are gonna land- as u say that's not always a bad thing.
It does seem we've gone back to contesting kicks though- earlier in the season it was clear the chasers were under instruction not to contest while the nrl were having their token crack down on it.
I think a couple of the rule changes around kicks have hurt us this year. The change around short kick offs have also taken away from the in goal/ repeat sets which sj is brilliant at- u don't get the same reward for those anymore and a lot of clubs have shelved them too.
So its not just the personal but also the gameplan which has been changing and webby is flexible/ smart enough to do that.

The Cows were copying our earlier losing kick chase strategies, the commentators were blowing up about them for not contesting.

I think the grubbers are still viable because you either get it back via a long or short range drop out, or if you lose the short contest, they'll start from their 10m, and you get it back with good field position again anyway. Sometimes you get implosions causing the halfback to spray the centre, oh wait that was us 🤣

Back