• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

TeamList Warriors vs Storm - [Round 15, 2024]

Warriors vs Storm

Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Storm

Team Lists

NZWarriors.com
My view about the Halves is it is a chickrn and egg thing. The middles have been more effective by playing simple and direct at speed. TMM and CHT complemented that with their straight running into the line which helped the Forwards. SJ plays more lateral

It begs the question

How effective is a step (SJ, RTS) as opposed to just running straight and hard (CNK, TMM, CHT)?

Gee that is a first.
Been waiting for the cracks to show in the Islamic state of Rugby Union that controls this country and forces the villagers to worship false idols. Being simple folk bred from sheep botherers they think they are happy with kick, lie on each other, have a dry hump.

Now the people have seen faster, harder, more ball in play version they want out.
Brilliant! I've never really understood the allure of "kick and clap". It's a weird nostalgia cult.

It is tantalisingly good.

Edit:

I don't necessarily think it is up to Webby either. His skill lies in giving them the space and environment to figure it out themselves. That's pretty exciting.

I can't help but think the forum is setting themselves up for a bit of a fall here. TMM's form has been encouraging, SJ is a good player, the second rowers are a better version of what we need than they were, but putting it all together is another thing. Hopefully the stars align.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
It begs the question

How effective is a step (SJ, RTS) as opposed to just running straight and hard (CNK, TMM, CHT)?

This is a great question.

Running it straight turns it into a game of attrition. Who can outlast who? You break through a defensive line with enough momentum and you're a good chance of scoring (with enough support runners)

I love a good step, but in most cases they're time wasters, right? They allow the opposition defensive line to set up again, attacking lines lose their momentum... Etc.

It's interesting eh, the RTS vs Pompey debate

On the one hand, RTS is an obvious danger man that always draws a few defenders and creates opposition uncertainty. On the other hand, the opposition doesn't seem to worry too much with Pompey, but he defends well and has been getting the ball away to Montoya, in space. Plus he's done everything asked of him

If I was Webster I'd be inclined to put RTS into Cup for a week (with limited minutes) to see how he goes

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I can't help but think the forum is setting themselves up for a bit of a fall here. TMM's form has been encouraging, SJ is a good player, the second rowers are a better version of what we need than they were, but putting it all together is another thing. Hopefully the stars align.

If you want to be them you gotta beat them.

We're fielding a strong team that's feeling good. I relish the challenge.

And if it all goes to shit, what's new? 🤣

Well this games big for our run I think the 2x bulldogs games are going be absolutely enormous the dogs are starting to fire and we need to gap them on the ladder so hopefully we can jag both !!

If we were to win this game, I think we could go on a wee bit of a run. We've already collected 2 points the last 4 rounds, if we beat the Storm then Titans away, Broncos at home and Dogs away before another bye, so we could see a 9 week period where we have 2 byes and 7 wins, coming in to those last few rounds fresh and in a great position.

I love a good step, but in most cases they're time wasters, right? They allow the opposition defensive line to set up again, attacking lines lose their momentum... Etc.
For me, this is where RTS as left centre has been a letdown, he's often jigging or moving laterally trying to create space but often ended up creating time for the defence whereas Pompey takes on the line, finds his front and makes a fast play the ball - it's not flashy but it's a high percent play. Or this is what my eyes have sold me at least!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
This is a great question.

Running it straight turns it into a game of attrition. Who can outlast who? You break through a defensive line with enough momentum and you're a good chance of scoring (with enough support runners)

Halves that run it straight - or just hit the line compresses the defense.
Homework on SJ shows he drifts right a few steps, then looks to offload.
These fews seconds count when you're trying to play at speed.
He generally doesnt hit the line directly and defensive lines will not compress against him
Instead, they will spread in anticipation of the quick ball wide or the dummy runner hitting it.
Everyone can see this.
What i hope to see is SJ running straighter and not afraid to hit the line for himself - direct running.
TMM keeps doing whats he does. Hitting the line early and making defenders think twice on whether he will pass or run.
Its a good problem to analyze and discuss.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back