Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Storm

Team Lists

It would be wrong to underestimate any team that Bellamy puts out there. He has a long track record of taking ordinary players with a solid work ethic, and producing performances that are beyond their apparent ability just by them understanding with real clarity what their role is and executing on it.

No, not underestimating them, just acknowledging that the air of invincibility they had is gone.

They are first for a reason. I think they have been a bit lucky, but winners make their own luck to an extent.

I think some of those ordinary players are are bit more ordinary than their predecessors, and some of their stars are also a bit more ordinary than what was before sans Hughes. I was more alluding to the feeling that they wouldn't get close to previous iterations of the Storm in a head to head.

Yes, they will always be well coached, and usually ahead of others in terms of innovating the most effective way to play the game.

Prefer tohu harris starting on the bench & coming on as a impact player

The 6 and 7 are playing sided now, sharing on the ball?
Or how can anyone envisage this for me.
The way Webby talks about it in the interview it sounds like TMM isn't going to be restricted to just being on the left as he has been most of the time playing with SJ, expect SJ and TMM to both play both sides of the field giving the team a lot more options with both playmakers linking up more.

Possibly a discussion for another thread - Do you think that League has been a strong benefactor of the money and development that Union has put in to grassroots, youth and secondary schools, without having to actually
Possibly a discussion for another thread - Do you think that League has been a strong benefactor of the money and development that Union has put in to grassroots, youth and secondary schools, without having to actually contribute to it?
Yes but union bias through high schools has brought this on themselves.

No, not underestimating them, just acknowledging that the air of invincibility they had is gone.

They are first for a reason. I think they have been a bit lucky, but winners make their own luck to an extent.

I think some of those ordinary players are are bit more ordinary than their predecessors, and some of their stars are also a bit more ordinary than what was before sans Hughes. I was more alluding to the feeling that they wouldn't get close to previous iterations of the Storm in a head to head.

Yes, they will always be well coached, and usually ahead of others in terms of innovating the most effective way to play the game.
Well said!

Warriors by 1.

On Saturday I might revise that to Warriors by 8.

Ten minutes in I might re-revise that to Storm by 36.

At full-time I'll be yahoo-ing in post match about how amazing Charnze was in defence. How SJ pulled the dummy step step step for his first try.
How Barney ran through traffic to get close and pop an offload to Pompey who scores untouched.
Then how Addin ran from halfway swatting Storm defenders before finding Te Maire who quick passes to DWZ backing up for a try of the week candidate.
Then how amazing it was for Egan to actually sell a dummy from one metre out that actually works to score under the posts. Yep that sounds about right.

Getting the vibes now

It is tantalisingly good.

Edit:

I don't necessarily think it is up to Webby either. His skill lies in giving them the space and environment to figure it out themselves. That's pretty exciting.
Yeah I've had a watch on the training environment. Webby really pushes players to go ahead and study their own game, come back to him/coaches for feedback and thoughts, pros and cons, things they can do better, positives they can lean into more and learning to mitigate the negatives in their game. It really popped out last year because you could see individuals show growth in skill, game awareness, timing etc. Players like SJ, Berry, DWZ especially. I think that can be the case for both SJ and TMM working in tandem.

I rewatched that rd 2 game. We controlled the middle that night which allowed us to suffocate Hughes, Papenhuyzen, Coates for 38 minutes of that second half. That's got to be the gameplan again. Boys in the middle will make or break our chances in this game. Melbourne pack won't roll over like the Cows pack did. I'd even be tempted to start AFB off the bench to neutralise NAS's impact when he comes on the field.

I rewatched that rd 2 game. We controlled the middle that night which allowed us to suffocate Hughes, Papenhuyzen, Coates for 38 minutes of that second half. That's got to be the gameplan again. Boys in the middle will make or break our chances in this game. Melbourne pack won't roll over like the Cows pack did. I'd even be tempted to start AFB off the bench to neutralise NAS's impact when he comes on the field.

That's a juicy idea - although AFB really is best used throwing something back at them - which is why I favour just starting strong and going on with it.

Can Tohu off the bench be that neutraliser? Bring him on and tell him not to let NAS out of his sight?

Back