Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Storm

Team Lists

Perform as well as he has? No one could foresee that level of performance - its been exceptional. Someone highlighted that SJ and Cleary have never had 4 try assists in a single game before for example.

But, there are plenty on here who rated TMM as a very good player. I feel they have been vindicated somewhat. Others have been made to look a little silly, some continue to do so. A few were even saying he wasn't first grade standard FMD!

In regards to the injuries forcing Webster's hand, I completely agree. He will have learned a lot from the last 7-8 weeks. From trusting his next man up philosophy to trying to get through games with too many players carrying significant injuries to the enthusiasm and energy injected by the younger players selected to the use of his bench and second row. The pleasing thing is he seems to have recognised and adjusted. One concern I have is that the previous three wins have highlighted a number of things which some have been pointing out on the forum and we are slowly turning back to some of these as players return. This week and the games after are potentially going to show whether some or all of these were just anomalies - Tohu at 13 for example. Walker has been great there over the last three games with speed, energy, leadership etc but here we are with Tohu starting at 13 again (assuming the team sheet is correct at game time) Was Tohu just busted, is he past being a 60 minute player, is he too slow now or a combination of things? RTS coming back in to the side at whose expense? Was it just that the team wasn't performing well previously or was he a contributor to things not gelling?

The next few games are going to be very interesting.
I have to admit that I have been a critic of tmm until the last 3 weeks were he has been great and gone to another level.
Very happy for him.
Hopefully that continues now he is back in the 6 jersey.

Not even in the stratosphere of how clinical and dangerous they used to be.

I think Hughes is their Moses/Ponga too...without him...
It would be wrong to underestimate any team that Bellamy puts out there. He has a long track record of taking ordinary players with a solid work ethic, and producing performances that are beyond their apparent ability just by them understanding with real clarity what their role is and executing on it.

I have to admit that I have been a critic of tmm until the last 3 weeks were he has been great and gone to another level.
Very happy for him.
Hopefully that continues now he is back in the 6 jersey.

Think a lot of people have. Seems to have partially due to game plan though and he's had a tough time with coming back from injury as well. Always thought he would be a good foil for Sj though and love how he puts his body on the line in defence and has put on some good shots. Hopefully they can get the game plan right for the rest of the year.

We owe Melbourne a flogging.

Actually, more than one. Over the years they have given us several. And it pisses me off. On eight occasions they have put more than 40 points on us. The points differential across all games is in excess of +500 in favour of Melbourne. Naturally, some of the worst results were obviously in the years where our defence was simply a shambles - think 2022 (70-10), 2020 (50-6), 2016 (42-0), 2004 (42-6), Round 20 2000 (56-10). That last one was the same time we first played for the Michael Moore trophy, an away game. Earlier that season in Round 1, the game was in Auckland. The Storm's inaugural Manager, Michael Moore, was tragically killed in the after match festivities down at the Auckland waterfront when he fell off the wharf and found concrete. It was tragic and it was sad. It shook us all.

But we need to stop subliminally apologising for it as though we were to blame as hosts. Its not our fault, and even if it had been - we've done the time. Far better to honour the man by playing some wonderful footy, and putting the Storm to the sword and bringing that trophy back to the Mt Smart cabinets. It's well overdue, and signs in the last three rounds are that we have the capability of doing that. Ironically, that same year (2000) was the same season that Melbourne received their biggest ever hiding in losing to the Dragons 4-50. It's testament to Bellamy's record as a coach that results like that are few and far between. Right now we have the coach and the roster capable of undoing them. Utu in blue and green.

Yep, out of respect we owe Melbourne a bloody flogging and I am really looking forward to Saturday night in the hope that finally, this is it.
Come on boys! Write some new history. Outsmart, outplay, outlast!

I like that approach and don't have an answer to your question. Unless he's using the incumbent rule or he's our captain and needed to ease back in to the game to get some miles under his belt after an injury layoff
or else AW will switch players late as he did in Townsville. We need to start fast with Walker linking up with the halves and then let Tohu use his bulk on attack and defence

Gee that is a first.
Been waiting for the cracks to show in the Islamic state of Rugby Union that controls this country and forces the villagers to worship false idols. Being simple folk bred from sheep botherers they think they are happy with kick, lie on each other, have a dry hump.

Now the people have seen faster, harder, more ball in play version they want out.
I love this take. Union may as well have been the state religion, but the youth are over being indoctrinated and are calling for revolution. Be glad the NZRU don't have a secret police force. Oh wait... that's what secondary schools are for isn't it..

I love this take. Union may as well have been the state religion, but the youth are over being indoctrinated and are calling for revolution. Be glad the NZRU don't have a secret police force. Oh wait... that's what secondary schools are for isn't it..
Possibly a discussion for another thread - Do you think that League has been a strong benefactor of the money and development that Union has put in to grassroots, youth and secondary schools, without having to actually contribute to it?

Who actually called that TMM was going perform like he has for the last three weeks?

Not 'he had the potential to'.

Like, 'hes going to, if put into that position'

The injuries forced Webbys hand with exploring new possibilities, and it appears that we may have some diamonds lying in the cupboard.

Plus, if SJ wants to call it at the end of the year: CHT is a pretty solid pairing already with TMM and who knows about Metcalf - could be even better.

When you're playing around with 'vibes' between players, you know you got good problems.

Another possibility is that TMM got into a comfort zone playing with SJ

Exactly. Who knows but one thing most of us know is that it wasn't working for one reason or another.
Let's hope we get a better result this weekend.

Ford getting shifted to the middle has had a huge impact too.

This weekend should provide some answers in the 7 department for this season.

I'm pretty stoked as it looks like we have good post SJ options, whenever that may be.

That had the potential to really suck.

Slow down Melbournes ruck speed and speed up ours will be the key to winning this.
Have a long hard think about what you have written here If you had written the same sentence with the word Titans instead of Melbourne you would get nodding heads but the above sentence with Melbourne in it is a tough ask. Melbourne spend all pre season on ruck control.

Back