• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Warriors v Eels - [Round 22, 2024]

mt.wellington

Contributor
Warriors v Eels - [Round 22, 2024]
PICK YOUR TEAM

Friday 2nd August 8pm NZST Go Media Stadium

Eels1.jpg
Here's your chance to select your dream team for the next rounds match so don your coaches cap on and lets hear it.

This thread will be closed without notice once the TEAM LIST thread opens for this game...

NZWarriors.com
Assuming SJ, CNK, Berry, Pompey all injured

Taine
RTS
Ali
MGT
DWZ
CHT
TMM
AFB
Lussick
Afoa
Niukore
Capewell
Ale

Walker
Egan
Sifakula
Barney

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Warriors v Eels - [Round 22, 2024]
PICK YOUR TEAM

Friday 2nd August 8pm NZST Go Media Stadium

View attachment 7653
Here's your chance to select your dream team for the next rounds match so don your coaches cap on and lets hear it.

This thread will be closed without notice once the TEAM LIST thread opens for this game...
Irrelevant but, what a great shot, I just loved the sparkle in the grey stripe. Magnificent.

1. RTS
2. DWZ
3. Graham - Taufa
4. Leiataua
5. Montoya

6. SJ
7. TMM

8. Fonua-Blake
9. Roache
10. Barnett
11. Capewell
12. Niukore
13. Walker

14. CHT
15. Sifakula
16. Halasima
17. Tevaga

18. Lussick
19. Laban
20. Ale
21. Afoa

749303727199373719101094838. Kosi

1 T Tuaupiki
2 D W Zelezniak
3 A Leiataua
4 M G Taufa
5 R T Sheck
6 C H Tavita
7 T M Martin
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 M Niukore
12 K Capewell
13 D Walker

14 F Lussick
15 J Tavaga
16 T Ale
17 L Halasima
Probably best team we can name currently. I have a real concern with Egan. He is playing to many minutes and I think having involved in the opening 20 minutes is doing nothing for him or the team. Particularly playing in heavy, wet conditions like last night.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Probably best team we can name currently. I have a real concern with Egan. He is playing to many minutes and I think having involved in the opening 20 minutes is doing nothing for him or the team. Particularly playing in heavy, wet conditions like last night.
I agree re: Egan, but conditions weren't heavy nor wet last night at the ground.

Egans problems are of his own making.
Putting his head in front of the hip instead of behind .
We were taught that in under age footy.
Admire his ability & courage but lacks defensive technique.

True, I would basically reverse the minutes with Egan and Lussick. Our D is improved with Lussick. Also the Bench needs tweaking. If Ford is out I agree with Ales inclusion. We lose too much firepower when AFB/BARNET are subbed.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Not just D but general speed. Not sure what is up with Egan but he’s aged terribly this season.

When is Roache back? He brought the energy, speed and commitment we need from a good hooker.
Roache playing 7 yesterday in cup I think? Egan was getting his arms grabbed a number of times clearing from dummy half. Has he gotten that much slower with his service? Was surprised the independent doctor didn't send him for an HIA last night.

I didn't think Egan was bad at all tbh. Few tries were ably assisted by his engagement of the ruck defenders before passing. Obviously has a technique issue with defence that should have been sorted years ago.
Do think the use of Lussick could be better though

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Would be good if SJ is back next week. Give him a game or so to try and find some form before our tough stretch to end the year.

I just want to se a true prop on the bench. It’s more likely that we lose the 40 min to 60 min period in a game than the sun coming up tomorrow.
Bunty or Ale or Maiu(spelling?) should be on the bench!
I love Jazz but he is the one that drops out for me. Every game he is going to give away a dumb penalty/ set restart. One so bad that even my one eyed die hard warriors perspective can’t argue with!
He did it last night and it directly lead to their second try

I didn't think Egan was bad at all tbh. Few tries were ably assisted by his engagement of the ruck defenders before passing. Obviously has a technique issue with defence that should have been sorted years ago.
Do think the use of Lussick could be better though
That first try to Papalii was kind of Egan's fault though. Jazz was at marker and he was covering Api. RTS was sweeping around the back and would have backed up Jazz. Egan went to get Api which left a big hole for Paps to run through. Even if Egan couldn't tackle Paps, but just slow him down, Capewell and Jazz would be there to assist.

I know this is all on the fly and they are fatigued, but these guys have good footy nous, so should be able to know these things, Api isn't just running through from dummy half from that range.

I don't remember much from Egan last night and most nights he's been quiet. I think it's time to give him a spell against Eels and give Lussick some good minutes before the tough stretch home.

That first try to Papalii was kind of Egan's fault though. Jazz was at marker and he was covering Api. RTS was sweeping around the back and would have backed up Jazz. Egan went to get Api which left a big hole for Paps to run through. Even if Egan couldn't tackle Paps, but just slow him down, Capewell and Jazz would be there to assist.

I know this is all on the fly and they are fatigued, but these guys have good footy nous, so should be able to know these things, Api isn't just running through from dummy half from that range.

I don't remember much from Egan last night and most nights he's been quiet. I think it's time to give him a spell against Eels and give Lussick some good minutes before the tough stretch home.
One mistake doesn't mean you drop the bloke, and Api is one of the better hookers in the League. Egan isn't the first to get done by him nor will he be the last.
He's a much better hooker overall than Lussick and we'll need him against the Eels.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back