Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well done congrats PENRITH!!!

I have mad respect for this team. They are the benchmark and we are not far away.

We gave it 💯 and played the full 80mins

No injuries
No suspensions

Ref bias and a few brain farts was the difference

The future looks bright boys

Onwards and upwards.

Warriors strong.

Puck off those coaches you bagging are the reason we are playing next week.

Our coaches are not perfect

They failed with selection, game plan and bench strategy.

But that is not terminal to our chances and I expect us to win next week.

Coaching performance for this match though was the worst of the season and it started with Webby looking like a deer in headlights getting off the plane

Growing pains. No team is going to go from Wooden Spoon contenders to Premiers in one freaking season! (Well, I do have a wee hope, there :), but honestly...)

Some of what we did was poor, certainly, but Penrith are evidently in their zone - Finals Football. We're the newbies, I really think experience in Finals Football as a team trumps experience in Finals Football as players.

As the Raiders are my second team, much as I think Sticky's a git, I hope they beat the Knights tomorrow.

Roosters over the Sharks for tonight...

Panthers are very experienced and a high quality side that has been together for a fair few seasons now. They are incredibly clinical.

Effort hasn't been an issue this season. But this game highlights that we have some players in our side that have some fairly obvious flaws that need to be improved on or replace them with players who can do better. Too many errors put us under pressure all game. We showed we could get in to the grind in that second half. Good sides like the Panthers do that for much, much longer.

Our bench make up and timings of changes was weird. Thought Bunty starting with Barnett off the bench would have been better rather than Lussick getting 5 minutes. Curran doesn't get enough game time.

On to next week. Mt Smart will be pumping.

Our coaches are not perfect

They failed with selection, game plan and bench strategy.

But that is not terminal to our chances and I expect us to win last week.

Coaching performance for this match though was the worst of the season and it started with Webby looking like a deer in headlights getting off the plane
Bingo.

It can turn around quick. Boys played their heart out.

• Curran Needs longer game time. He can tackle and ball play and has form.
  • Niukore cannot ball play, the ball dies with him. he should be in the middle.
  • Sironen offers nothing, constantly heads in the wrong direction, and falls off tackles.
  • Jazz is rusty af, but I get it - experience.
  • Montoya has been on the slide for a while and gives me 2021-2022 vibes. More clipping players than tackling them today. Not a big game player. Will cost us.
  • As glass as Egan can be, it's a wasted bench spot having Lussick there.
  • There was no game plan, no real bench strategy, no excuses for Webby.

On a positive note, the effort was there.

Efforts there, but we really need to clean up the unforced errors. Can’t be shooting our selves in the foot all the time. Tonight showed how bad it was to have the easy run home during the regular season.

Just can't expect to stay in the game when you're handing the ball over as much as we did. Especially at this stage of the comp. Was always going to be a challenge, top 2 teams are leagues ahead of the rest.

It was always going to be a tough game. We get some finals experience next week. Need to take advantage of the fact we get an extra life.

They should be motivated to turn it around at home. It will still be tough.

Back