• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F---

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchells efforts on the line breaks was really poor. As a fullback facing a break involving multiple opposition players, the only thing you can do is close off the space on the man with the ball to try and force a mistake. Mitchell completely gave up on the first break and tried to hedge his bets on the other breaks. Souths will never win a comp with him at the back and he'd be the only fullback weighing in over 100kgs when the game is now faster than it's ever been.
On the first Berry try Latrell tried to stop Berry dead on the goal line with a grubby high shot that Berry had to wear in order to score the try.

CNK’s interview after the game was so wholesome.

Nothing but admiration for RTS. And praising Webby for giving him the confidence and support he needed to succeed. Webby really does have a magical spell on everyone 🪄

Even the press conference Tohu looks so alert and attentive to everything Webby says. It’s like he’s got a secret crush on the guy 😂
CNK showed how much love he has for the club, team mates and fans. He was so emotional after the game, he had to hold back tears. We are so lucky to have such a guy.

There is a thread in the roosters forum wondering whether webby is homesick and could potentially replace robbo moving forward...
Judge Smails
Judge Smails
Chookpen Members

rank_chookpen_member.png

Yesterday, 07:39 PM
Andrew is a friend of mine and I guarantee you he isn’t homesick
smile.png

Yeah hard out…!!!!!
DOUBLE EDGED SWORD now with Webby being so sharp…
Barny,Ford,Capes & Eagan could b S.O.O bound…..
Phuck you Webby!!!!!
Feeling like slapping dat white arse wit man luv….. Protect ya self YOU hear!!!
There's also the opinion that playing origin makes you a better player for when you return to club level.

The Egan trickshot play is so nasty, i've lost count of the amount of times i've wound it back since yesterday.

Might be our favourite try i've seen us score in a long time.

Harris and CNK play their roles perfectly, but it's the craft from Egan that pulls it all together.

Can we get him a titanium skin suit or something to ensure he never has to leave the field?

It's the fact they're not trying to score on the last play from halfway But trusting the game plan that's so good to see. Other teams know it's coming but they still have to come out of their own end regardless. It's a high percentage plan that seems common sense but taken this long for us to execute on it. The next evolution for our attack is what we'll do when the short ball stops working. I'll bet Webbys got some tricks up his sleeve for the back end of the comp.
Whether it’s the short ball or the wrap around to CNK/DWZ scoring in the corner, we always have our runners hitting the same lines. When DWZ scores, there’s 2 hole runners cutting back towards the posts, usually Rocco and the right edge. Option 1 out the back. Option 2 with the deft short pass to the hole runner. I just love how Webby has everyone moving in sinc with each other. Coaching gold. In Webby we trust!!

Funny that the once hated bomb to the corner from Johnson is now so effective and well liked.
One thing I really like is Webby has a game plan that plays to players individual strengths. It is also very effective at spreading the workload.
Even if the opposition has a right winger that is poor under the high ball, we will generally kick to their left winger. Webby stated last year this was mainly due to Johnson being a right foot kicker.
Capewell and Berry will typically have much lower running metres than others in the team. They are generally weaker running the ball but better on kick chase. An earlier game this year, I recall us attacking down the right during the set with both Capewell and Berry having strong 15m runs. However, the kick chase at the end of the set was bad and the opposition easily got out of the corner. Seems like a deliberate plan to try and have them fresh for the kick chase.
When we signed RTS, right from the start they said he would play left centre. I’m sure a big part of that is Webby didn’t want him on the right expending energy chasing kicks when he is so good with ball in hand.

Rabbitohs fullback Latrell Mitchell faces up to four matches on the sideline after being charged for dangerous contact on Warriors halfback Shaun Johnson in Saturday's 34-4 loss at Accor Stadium.

Mitchell's tackle on Johnson was deemed a Grade 2 offence by the Match Review Committee and he can accept a three match ban or risk four matches out if he unsuccessfully challenges the charge at Tuesday night's judiciary.

Rabbitohs fullback Latrell Mitchell faces up to four matches on the sideline after being charged for dangerous contact on Warriors halfback Shaun Johnson in Saturday's 34-4 loss at Accor Stadium.

Mitchell's tackle on Johnson was deemed a Grade 2 offence by the Match Review Committee and he can accept a three match ban or risk four matches out if he unsuccessfully challenges the charge at Tuesday night's judiciary.
He deserves a really long ban for that. We are lucky he didn't connect with SJ and break something. Shit was deliberate and dirty. It could have fucked our whole season.
1712453228774.png

We are currently the best defensive team in the comp. Defence wins premierships.

We are a team that consists of; grittiness, high completion rates, physical line speed, high effort, confidence, kicking to corners, defend errors & can score from anywhere.

We have leaders across the park, and we are a TEAM. No individuals out there. We have the best depth in the comp, and we have a nation of fans backing our group. It’s another sell out at Mt Smart this week, this has to be a record.

I’m just so happy to be a warriors fan right now & I am so, so proud of this group. Whenever I see someone with a wahs jersey on, i mutter under my breath, “up the Wahs” 😂

Through all the bullshit of the last decade, we’re back were we deserve. We have youth coming through, young players aspiring to be a warrior & the future is very, very bright.

CNK showed how much love he has for the club, team mates and fans. He was so emotional after the game, he had to hold back tears. We are so lucky to have such a guy.
I am a fan of Charnze, I have been since he started and was upset he left but remained a fan through his time at Canberra.

He was as good for them as I expected him to be but their game did not suit him. We get to see him in a team that is built for him, led by Egan, and laid down by a dominant forward pack.

I am stoked he is back, he is the player we need at fullback.

Watching the replay the dirt Souths gets away with is a joke.

Latrell committed two high tackle shots on scoring players, elbowed SJ in the head, tipped Tohu upside down (lifting between the legs is meant to be an automatic bin if the player lands on his head like Tohu).

I see the Sydney media are sick of it and calling for Latrell to get a ban.

Cody Walker got away with two shoulder charges. It is no wonder their NSW cup thugs tried elbows to the face as well, this is what happens when Refs let one club become protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back